Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Access Log/History

It would be great to have a basic or advanced log/history feature, first of all to see who of my friends logged to the system and at what time, also to ensure that nobody is using my account (in case hacked or someone stole my credentials). Also it would be better to send any of the above activities by email or SMS notifications so that in case someone hacked my account and accessed the cameras I will have the chance to immediately take action. A dual authentication might be useful as well where whenever there is a login attempt, I will receive a pin on my mobile which I need to input on the login screen... As nowadays security is a must, in my opinion the above would give a higher ranking for your product and a better customer satisfaction.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

D77king,

If you have any reason to believe someone may be accessing your account without your permission, we advise you change your password.

Employees do not have access to accounts/cameras.

Often times, this error message is the result of the same user attempting to log in on more than one device (mobile phone, another PC, same PC in a different browser window, etc.). Always be sure you log out of your current device before attempting to log in from any other devices.

JamesC

scott0410
Novice
I have a security background from the military and was playing around with this theory with an IT friend of mine: I activate my cameras and leave the house. Anyone who could hack or otherwise gain my login information could access my wifi network, disarm my system and enter my house and then when they leave they could reactivate my cameras and no one would know they were there. We tried this theory and proved it true. The fix would be to add a log button so that anytime you turn your cameras on or off a date-time entry and event are logged. Also it would be nice to have an alert hit my phone if my cameras are turned off or on for any reason, just like the alert that hits when a camera has been tripped. This way if anyone disables or enables the cameras a log would be created and an alert would be received.
Sincerely
Scott
Cbrad326
Initiate
1. Give the primary user the ability to restrict who can delete a recording. Maybe something like a "View Only" option.

2. Keep a record of who logs in and from what device. Make the record secure so it can't be manipulated or deleted. I'm sure this record could be useful in many legal cases where the recordings are used.

3. Add 2 step log in function, but keep it optional.
JohnnyM62
Guide

JamesC,

Last night, tech support did ask for the personal password to the system, when I needed their help during an install at someone's home....I was on an iphone for this install. On previous support calls, they asked me to change my personal password to one they gave me...and then they logged in.....which logged me off....I was on a pc at the time.

So...tech support now has/had did use it...buy I did authorize it...and of course, changed the password after they exited.

JustLearning
Apprentice

Someone is accessing my cameras.  We need an undeleteable log of devices and times of log in to each account.  Urgently. 

tiagomeunome
Fledgling

Is there no option to see the access logs for who signed onto your Arlo account and on what device?

I'm talking about something similar to the Google activity where they can tell you the computer/phone, whatever.

I feel like this is something that Arlo should really implement ASAP because what if your account gets hacked and the modes are changed without you knowing. 

I woke up this morning, and for some reason, one of my modes had a low motion sensitivity on a camera. Coincidentally, there ended up being a problem in that area covered by that camera. And no one was caught on camera probably because the sensitivity was set to 30....

From what I've read, this feature is not available for the consumers, but is there a place where I can call the far-end of the tech support and just clarify from what little logs they do have?

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

PL77
Follower
Please implement a log view, so that the arlo owner (and those who he chooses to share with) can see what has happened during the last 30 days: - access rights granted and removed - videos deleted, when and by whom - videos recorded, when and by whom - cameras switched on and off, when and by whom - camera settings changed, when and by whom - global settings changed, when and by whom - camera power failures / power ups (= battery changes) - base station power failures / power cycles / hard resets / remote restarts (when and by whom) - Arlo network failures (contact lost, contact regained)
lestermeeks
Novice

Since I use my arlo system for home security and have several users in the system.  It would be very helpful to have a text log of the actions taken on my account or on my system.  Things like user login, delete video, configuration changes, camera enable/disable, system mode changes, etc.  This information is almost certainly already stored on the backend somewhere, and storing a text log should be pretty trivial space requirements compared to the media, and the feature would be a step into a more secure product.

Old-Big
Aspirant

We need the login history/log funtion, my son and wife just heard whistle sounds coming from near the camera, I tried to log in and view from library but the event wasn't recorded (or was it deleted!?), creepy as Pennywise.