Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SammyNZ
Star
Star

I know this applies to the Arlo Pro 2 as well but it would be great if there was further details on exactly what the HomeKit update will provide, typical execution (must be powered? Will work off battery?) etc.

Considering how long and how many requests for HomeKit have been posted on these forums I’m sure I’m not the only one after more details. 

And, I’m crossing fingers here, I hope it’s a complete re-write of the code base for the 4K video so we don’t carry the bad bits forward (i.e. pixelated video problems)

146 REPLIES 146
adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you go into your Base station settings page, you should see "Setup HomeKit".     But as people are saying, the process doesn't actually find cameras...yet.  🙂

crazyitalian
Guide
Guide
Interesting - perhaps there’s a firmware update that needs to be released before it becomes operational. Seems like a bit of a miss from a user experience standpoint.
jctech
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did the firmware update to the Arlo Pro 2 cameras and they still cannot be found by the homekit setting in the Arlo app.

LParp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Somebody at Arlo is probably catching Hell today for letting this get out early.

illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice
It is kind of funny, typical Arlo/Netgear. They release the app update with the new HomeKit setup process but it doesn’t work because some simpleton forgot to release the firmware updates today. Nothing surprises me with these guys anymore.
jamesmcseattle
Guide
Guide

Today I was notified on my iPhone that HomeKit was now available. I immediately went to the setup process, only to have my phone never discover my base station or devices, it just continually spun.

I called tech support (I no longer have the QR code to manually setup via HomeKit) and explained that I had:

Restarted my phone

Restarted the BaseStation

Uninstalled/Reinstalled the Arlo App

Tech  support was super unhelpful, though they did give me a case #.

Has anyone else ran into this, or is there a known fix? I'm running IOS 12.2 on iPhone XS Max

Dannybear
Master
Master
Has not worked for me either, the home kit option has appeared in the settings page and does the same thing.
I have not seen any arlo announcement about it being released as a working feature so just ignore for now.
persianrunr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did anyone else notice that the HomeKit option just went away? I checked several times today and it was there (just not working of course) but now, it's no longer listed under the overall Settings nor under the Basestation settings. I guess we're back to waiting without any useful info from the company other than "we're working on it and we'll announce when we have it".

LParp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, it's gone.

Very smooth, Arlo.  Way to go.

jamesmcseattle
Guide
Guide

Very smooth indeed.

Just noticed the same thing after thinking "oh hey, wonder if it is working now..."

PeterAxe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Really smooth Arlo
Just bought the Arlo Pro 2 in Feb and the only reason was that it HomeKit integration would come Q1. Happy yesterday to see it pop up for a couple of hours later disappear? Think we need some explanation/ communication from Arlo. This is really handled in the worst possible way. So @Arlo think is time now for you to step up and communicate was happening. That is the least you could do. I rather have an answer saying it will launch in June than totally radio silence
jagomezco
Aspirant
Aspirant
“Support for HomeKit will be available as an automatic firmware update for Arlo Ultra and Pro 2 camera systems later this quarter.“ Only 5 days for the end of the quarter, been waiting the update for a long time, I hope Arlo can deliver on time! Excellent products!
persianrunr
Aspirant
Aspirant
If that’s a new update and not a reference to what was released in Jan, then I’m hopeful too. However even if that’s true, unfortunately “later this quarter” technically means anytime up to 6/30 😕
jagomezco
Aspirant
Aspirant
Haha forget it. Im from Mexico and here the first qu arteria the first 4 months. Im reading that in USA is the first 3 months. Ok, so we are not having homekit any time soon.
dsathe
Tutor
Tutor
This is from the other thread for HomeKit posted by the moderator:

"We're working to release firmware updates to allow for this integration to take place. We will make an announcement when HomeKit integration is completed"

jakesamp
Star
Star
Not good enough Arlo... WHEN IS HOMEKIT SUPPORT COMING TO ARLO PRO2?! Just answer the damn question!!!
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
This is directly from the arlo CEO 2 days ago.

https://twitter.com/mbmcrae/status/1127052897441632256?s=21
MattRogers
Guide
Guide
I sorta bought the Arlo Pro 2 with the promise of HomeKit support. I hope it happens.
illuminous
Apprentice
Apprentice

My theory is we are going to have to wait for iOS13 before we get HomeKit support, so probably going to have to wait until September.

mleite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please consider if you already have a home security/monitoring system that the Arlo system is 100% dependent on an internet connection for recording. There is NO local recording. There is the capability of a local backup but it still requires the cloud recording which if find frustrating when there are internet slowdowns or issues with my service. I have high-speed comcast and we still have hiccups in the recordings. Missing recordings etc. I do Believe Apple just announced additional HomeKit support for cameras like the Arlo specifically

jamesmcseattle
Guide
Guide

Wow - you sound bitter! I'm sure that Arlo has specified somewhere their rights when it concerns message  boards - you shoujld reread whatever their version of terms of conditions is. Pretty sure they have the right to modify/delete any post or content they deem unsuitable or violates their terms. Read the fine print. 

Sure we may be disappointed in the delay of HomeKit - but other than that, I've NEVER had an issue with any camera or setup. I'm curious to know why you think there is grounds for "class action" lawsuit(s)? Maybe you don't quite understand the tedious process of software development. Not to mention that when Apple makes a change to IOS, it affects what ARLO is trying to do for us consumers.

I'm much rather have delayed implementation that a sh*tty piece of software. 

Tinmansleftboot
Tutor
Tutor
He sure does sound bitter. To be honest, I’m a bit over listening to people harping on about how their lives are damaged beyond all repair thanks to Arlo not rolling out HK support yet.

Personally, I’m with you. Rather wait until in is ready to go and we get a good experience.

I’ve never had issues with my Arlo systems and think they’re pretty darn good for what they are.

Oh, and on the class action, nothing is stopping him starting one. I’ll wait and see how he goes. 😜
Technojames
Apprentice
Apprentice
You’re absolutely right! We should be thankful Arlo let us give them out money.

Sure, they said they’d have homekit in the first quarter of 2019.

And yes, they didn’t bother to communicate at all with their customer base despite repeated questions in the matter.

And I know that have failed to advise their customer base when and if it will ever be released.

But come on everyone, let’s not be mean to a corporation that has taken our money and failed to deliver on their commitments.

Hey Arlo community managers. Pretending to post as customers is so incredibly lame. This is hands down the worst example I’ve ever seen.

To any prospective customers. Don’t buy Arlo. They are over priced. The cameras start recording well after any movement is detected. Geofencing doesn’t work.

Oh. And their promised HomeKit integration is never coming.
jakesamp
Star
Star
Love that everyone’s arguing on this post... so mature. Meanwhile, I’m stuck paying for my Arlo over 3 years (with interest) which, you guessed it, still has no HomeKit support to work with the rest of my smart home devices. So angry with this joke of a company!!!