Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Have HomeKit set up. When adding second Base Station, goes out of sync.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mdbridgens
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have set up HomeKit and it works perfectly with one base station and all the cameras associated with that base station.

When I try to add a second base station, I can do easily however whichever device I use to set up the second base station (iPhone or iPad), goes crazy and out of sync with everything else..? 

Anyone else experienced this..? Anyone added more than one base station successfully..?

Help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdbridgens
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. Thanks for replying.

What I meant was... when I set up Arlo in Apple Home with one base station, all my apple devices were in sync. When I added my second base station to Apple Home, whichever device I added Arlo with (iPhone for example) had the second base station (and associated cameras) showing, but no other Apple device did. Then when I added a new accessory via another device (iPad for example) then the device I used to add the second Arlo base station (iPhone in this example) would not sync.

Anyway... after many attempts and re-setting sessions, they now all finally work. I'm sure this was not a user error on my part, maybe a software glitch. All good now so thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mdbridgens,

Could you clarify what you mean when your second Base Station goes crazy or out of sync? Do you mean anything on the second Base Station goes offline?

mdbridgens
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. Thanks for replying.

What I meant was... when I set up Arlo in Apple Home with one base station, all my apple devices were in sync. When I added my second base station to Apple Home, whichever device I added Arlo with (iPhone for example) had the second base station (and associated cameras) showing, but no other Apple device did. Then when I added a new accessory via another device (iPad for example) then the device I used to add the second Arlo base station (iPhone in this example) would not sync.

Anyway... after many attempts and re-setting sessions, they now all finally work. I'm sure this was not a user error on my part, maybe a software glitch. All good now so thanks anyway.