Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Configured Arlo Pro 2 and Echo Dot 3 for Alexa. Alexa doesn't mention anything.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
theIrishripper
Tutor
Tutor

I have configured my Arlo Pro 2 system and the Amazon Echo DOT 3, downloaded the skills and tried to configure motion with the following link.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062277/How-do-I-trigger-an-Amazon-Alexa-device-when-motion-is-detected-on-my-...

When I go to choose smart home, it says there is no smart home devices. I have configured the cameras and chose to enable voice , and have alexa say "movement at door" everything seems to be configured correctly, but when there is motion on any of the Arlo Cameras, Alexa does not tell me anything. ( i have even told it what speaker to say it on ). If I run the routine test it does work however, and Alexa says "movement..."

Any ideas why I cant get it to fire correctly?

6 REPLIES 6
CatMom123
Tutor
Tutor

Keep trying to pair it. It just magically paired with me after about 10 back-to-back attempts.

Here are the steps I used:
1. Download the Arlo App on your phone
2. Turn on cameras
3. Complete software configuration in Arlo App on phone
4. Open Alexa App on phone
5. Download Arlo skill in Alexa
6. Sign in to Arlo account in Arlo skill in Alexa
7. Keep trying to locate smart devices in Alexa app on phone
8. Tell one of your Alexa visual devices to “Activate Arlo”

If you have a Firestick or some such, I told my Firestick to “Activate Arlo” and then it told me that Arlo was already activated.

Only then was I able to locate the cameras.

theIrishripper
Tutor
Tutor
I tried over and over, all it does is recognize my 4 Cameras. Each with the name I have given them in the arlo app. If I delete them and rescan for devices or hubs, it's the cameras again. If I say activate arlo , it says no device. I have done everything over and over trying different options and nothing is working.
CatMom123
Tutor
Tutor
Alexa will not recognize hubs, only the cameras.

Your visual Alexa will only show the cameras. I named my cameras “Front Door” and “Back Door,” so when I tell my FireTV to show me the “Front Door,” it will show me the Front Door.
theIrishripper
Tutor
Tutor
I have echos, all I want it to say movement on back door when it senses motion .... I dont need to see anything. I set them to Alexa says.... but its not working.
CatMom123
Tutor
Tutor
Ah. Alexa will not do that right out of the box. You may be able to get Alexa to do that with IFTT or whatever it’s called.
theIrishripper
Tutor
Tutor
So what your saying is that my 600 camera system and my echo system wont work together as I thought it would. And as the app and skills addons let you believe it would