Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Holford
Follower
Follower

Brand new Arlo Pro 2 & base-station cannot connect to / discover HomeKit, out of the box.

I've been through phone-support twice since receiving my Arlo Pro 2 cameras on Thursday night, but am hoping I can expedite the solution as I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support person to call me back as none were available tonight...

How the issue manifests:

After setting-up both Arlo Pro 2 cameras & Hub (VMB4500r2) via the Arlo app on my iPhone, I went to setup the HomeKit integration via the Hub's settings. However, I perpetually see the 'Discovering your device. Please wait.' screen instead.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

• Reboot Arlo Hub (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot Arlo Pro 2 cameras (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot home WiFi (via management app & power-cycle)
  • Soft-reset iPhone
  • Uninstall & re-install Arlo app
  • Use second iOS device (iPad Pro)
  • Restart Apple HomeKit Home Hubs (Apple TV, iPad Pro, and HomePod)
  • Confirm all Apple hardware is up-to-date with software
  • Confirm all Arlo hardware is up-to-date with software & firmware
  • Confirm all devices are on same WiFi network
  • Confirm all existing (25+) HomeKit devices are connected & responding
  • Place cameras, Hub, and iPhone within inches of each other
  • Leave iPhone on above 'Discovering your device...' screen for 30-45 minutes

Arlo support experience:

I've been on two different phone calls with Arlo support, which (to be honest) has not been fantastic. I've spent about 90mins on the phone on two different days, and spent about 50-60mins of that on hold. I've repeated all the steps numerous times, and the very first email follow-up I've received just tells me to follow the KB article on how to set-up HomeKit... 

I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support engineer to call me back 'within a few days' as none were apparently available tonight.

I've done plenty of my own research both here, as well as on the /r/arlo subreddit, and it does appear this is a known issue with a number of Arlo Pro 2 kits, wherein the Hub needs a new Apple HomeKit Certificate issued remotely, with many saying they can have this resolved once this is confirmed within 20mins.

I'm hoping that someone (perhaps the fabled JamesC of this support forum) can help me in resolving this...

Many thanks for any help you wonderful people can give!

405 REPLIES 405
hockeyamd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Token reset please, thank you

ewjp
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m glad I found this topic, as I’ve been having similar issues adding my setup to HomeKit. Humbly requesting a token reset on my end, as well. Thanks very much!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

albaker, frankief971, Arcam, Gdhar, absharma78, Peaviner, hockeyamd, ewjp

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Ricardo_GSA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get this token reset please? I have 2 VMB 4500 and 1 VMB4000, the problem is on one of the VMB4500. Thank you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ricardo_GSA,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

frankief971
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reset. No change. Still do not see the option to select HomeKit under "Settings > My Devices" for my Base Station. I have reloaded the Arlo App on my iPhone 11 running the latest IOS several times. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

frankief971,

If you're still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

absharma78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James

Just confirming the token reset you sent was to my Arlo HD SmartHub?

If yes then its still not picking it up after I go to Homekit Setup under the Smarthub.

I have logged a case with support as well but not got anywhere yet.

thanks

miketothed
Tutor
Tutor
I also need a token reset. Can you please send to me? Same issues as reported above.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

miketothed,

JamesC

miketothed
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks James. I still seem to be having the issue. I unplugged the base station to reboot as you suggested but I don’t see and devices when I attempt HomeKit setup per instructions. I attached a screenshot.
Tobyv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks JamesC.

Unfortunately this didn’t resolve my issue after restarting the base station. I also opened a support case on this.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

miketothed, Tobyv

If you're still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Cjt1988
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a reset token. Can not get HomeKit to discover in Arlo app. I have reset and unplugged base station several times. Firmware is 1.16.2.3-3499. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cjt1988,

JamesC

Ricardo_GSA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please re-send, this has not worked for the VMB4000. 
Thank you

Collin_carter
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I get a reset token? I’m having the same issue. Thanks,
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ricardo_GSA,

Collin_carter,

JamesC

theomega
Star
Star

Token reset please, thanks!

This is actually at least my third time, every few months my cameras all drop out of HomeKit and I have to remove and redo the HomeKit setup and I need the token reset in order to be able to readd.

Wish this wouldn’t keep happening but thanks for the help though!

tj1855
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I have the same issue as theomega, after latest basestation and iOS update, one of my cameras dropped off homekit, please send me a reset token, thanks!

I hope it can be fixed eventually.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

theomega,

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tj1855,

JamesC

Aykayess
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also stuck on the “discovering your device” page. Can I get a token?  Thank you!

absharma78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC

Please can you send me a new Token as well? I have moved my Basestation & need to add it again to Homekit.

thanks in advance

regards

Abhishek

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aykayess, absharma78

JamesC