Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2, HomeKit setup issues

Holford
Follower
Follower

Brand new Arlo Pro 2 & base-station cannot connect to / discover HomeKit, out of the box.

I've been through phone-support twice since receiving my Arlo Pro 2 cameras on Thursday night, but am hoping I can expedite the solution as I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support person to call me back as none were available tonight...

How the issue manifests:

After setting-up both Arlo Pro 2 cameras & Hub (VMB4500r2) via the Arlo app on my iPhone, I went to setup the HomeKit integration via the Hub's settings. However, I perpetually see the 'Discovering your device. Please wait.' screen instead.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

• Reboot Arlo Hub (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot Arlo Pro 2 cameras (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot home WiFi (via management app & power-cycle)
  • Soft-reset iPhone
  • Uninstall & re-install Arlo app
  • Use second iOS device (iPad Pro)
  • Restart Apple HomeKit Home Hubs (Apple TV, iPad Pro, and HomePod)
  • Confirm all Apple hardware is up-to-date with software
  • Confirm all Arlo hardware is up-to-date with software & firmware
  • Confirm all devices are on same WiFi network
  • Confirm all existing (25+) HomeKit devices are connected & responding
  • Place cameras, Hub, and iPhone within inches of each other
  • Leave iPhone on above 'Discovering your device...' screen for 30-45 minutes

Arlo support experience:

I've been on two different phone calls with Arlo support, which (to be honest) has not been fantastic. I've spent about 90mins on the phone on two different days, and spent about 50-60mins of that on hold. I've repeated all the steps numerous times, and the very first email follow-up I've received just tells me to follow the KB article on how to set-up HomeKit... 

I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support engineer to call me back 'within a few days' as none were apparently available tonight.

I've done plenty of my own research both here, as well as on the /r/arlo subreddit, and it does appear this is a known issue with a number of Arlo Pro 2 kits, wherein the Hub needs a new Apple HomeKit Certificate issued remotely, with many saying they can have this resolved once this is confirmed within 20mins.

I'm hoping that someone (perhaps the fabled JamesC of this support forum) can help me in resolving this...

Many thanks for any help you wonderful people can give!

405 REPLIES 405
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pdfontes, topstr, DRP11, seventhcjon, corwinsun

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Pdfontes
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, not sure if there is anything else that needs to be done but I am still stuck on the "Discovergin your device. Please wait" screen, it never finds any of my cameras...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pdfontes,

If you're still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

gebecher
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having trouble with Homekit setup hanging. @JamesC can you assist with the token reset?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gebecher,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

seanrkelly71
Star
Star
Hi James I have the same problem. Could I get reset token please as well?
Regard - Sean.
gebecher
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @JamesC , worked perfectly!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

seanrkelly71,

JamesC

MJG_396
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James,

I'm having the same issue. Can you please send a reset token?

Thanks,

Mike

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MJG_396,

JamesC

MJG_396
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked perfectly!  Thanks, James!

Dean_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JamesC  - can I please get a token reset as well.

Thanks,

Dean

seanrkelly71
Star
Star
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dean_M,

JamesC

Dean_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much, worked great.

Tobyv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

I am also having this issue,
Can I also get a token reset

Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tobyv,

JamesC

patricktanky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have problems trying to setup HomeKit on my Arlo Pro 2. I keep getting 'Discovering your device. Please wait.'.. I've read your discussion board that you can reset token for my base station... what details do you need from me so you can action this?

Patrick

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

patricktanky,

If you're still experiencing an issue, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

albaker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello!

@JamesC 

I have run into the same problem where my Arlo system was no longer working with homekit. I've tried reseting all the devices (apple and arlo side), updates, power cycles, etc. etc. with no luck. Under devices I have the option for "homekit - Set Up" but I just get a spinning wheel next to "devices found" with no progress. Is it possible to send a reset to my system as you have above to see if that helps?

Thank you for your help!

frankief971
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a token reset as well? Thanks in advance!

Arcam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC, I have the same problem. Could you send me a token reset? Thanks in advance.
Gdhar
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am unable to see any HomeKit options in the app. Can you send me a token reset.
absharma78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC
How do I get a token reset? I am having the same issues & cant connect to HomeKit.
Please help
Regards
Peaviner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like I’m in the same boat, could I please get a new token?