Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
ozmale1
Star
Star

@MikeCloudsdale wrote:
I’ve been in touch with Arlo on Twitter, here is their latest reply...
The recent app release was for the Arlo Audio Doorbell and Smart Chime support. We apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that development team is working on a fix for the playback issue. Update for it will be provided once we have more information to share with..

If you look at my first post in this thread you will see that I mention Arlo only update the app (and firmware) to support a new product. Never to fix a bug.  In fact I cant find a single post anywhere on this forum where Arlo have ever corrected a problem or bug. A point in case is the problem of camera always going off line, this has never been fixed after over a year. Live with it guys this playing videos on X will never be fixed.

Ice4469
Guide
Guide
Upgrades to IPhone Max with latest OS. Videos will not play on phone. Video bar moved but screen shows still image. Live video works though.
LindaJDilger
Aspirant
Aspirant
My new iPhone X s max is not playing the Arlo videos. Are there any work arounds?
bscnetzwerk
Apprentice
Apprentice

mit ios 12.1 funktioniert es wieder1

Vernell
Tutor
Tutor
They said wait for the new IOS 12.1, but you can play your clips by sharing/save it to dropbox.
chollow
Aspirant
Aspirant
Two issues. I have not seen resolve on the iPhone X’s video playback Mine still does not play back.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

There was an IOS update in the last 2 days but I do not know if addressed the playback issue.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-iOS-App-2-6-0-20th-October-2018/m-p/164240...

If not then Arlo are aware of it and are working on a solution.

User13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there an update on if or when this will be resolved? Thanks
Trcolema
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo update did not fix the problem for me. Got the iOS 12.1 beta update and everything now works fine. 12.1 is due to be generally available next week, I believe, if you don’t want to get the beta.
sttouk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also have the iphone XS, and since day one when I got the phone the app would crash\restart my phone. Even the email alerts, which links to the website cannot play without crashing the phone. With this many issue for users on iphone XS should mean that there are issues with the code that Arlo is running that creates a issue which crashes the phone. Hope that Arlo are looking and are planning to update the app and sites for us. BTW the recent app update did Nothing to help the issue, it still crashes my iphone. 

no1uno
Tutor
Tutor

Confirming that the iOS 12.1 Beta 4 fixed the issue on my XS (not Max)

Jurson
Aspirant
Aspirant
For the last week or so, since updating the iOS and Arlo baby firmware, I am unable to connect to my ArloBaby. I never had issues with my Android device. I receive motion alerts and can view the history, but cannot access a live feed to my child.
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice
It has only been since the new iOS app version rolled out. Totally unacceptable. FIX THIS ARLO DEV TEAM.
Jcalcagno
Initiate
Initiate
Videos aren’t playing back either on our new phones. iPhone xs and xs max.. shows a picture the whole time. Netgear really needs to get this fixed. Viewing on app.
Oehlingb
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also dealing with the same issue on iOS 12 and iPhone Xs Max
Anssi
Tutor
Tutor
IPhone XS, same symptoms. Video doesn’t play.
12mk21
Star
Star
This is problem with Arlo's server. Been having this issue for over a week. Contacted support twice. Still no fix. Recently Arlo having too much issues.
I started a thread here on related problem
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Server-Problem-Video-won-t-play-and-some-recordings-are-missi...

Some videos are missing completely. And some that gets a thumbnail on the Cloud/Server will not play back at all. It just buffer with the circle running . Completely unacceptable. Arlo need to get their acts together.
AliU
Initiate
Initiate
Thank god it’s not just me, was driving me nuts! Plays on hubbys iPhone 7, but would like to play them on my phone
gateway785
Tutor
Tutor
I haven’t been able to view videos on my iPhone XS Max now for almost a month. Noticed cameras are going offline and then back on again. When will there be a fix to all of this? It is frustrating.
swoodard
Guide
Guide
Same issue. I get a notification that says I have activity I go to the phone app and all I get is a still image, the bar is moving, the video has recorded but will not show up on the iPhone XS max. here is the kicker I can open up my iPad Pro and see every video that’s recorded no problem, both using the same ios, it’s just an issue with the new iPhones and a Arlo
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Hopefully iOS 12.1 will get released on Tuesday (23/10/18) so this thread can be retired Smiley Happy

Mccauley444
Guide
Guide

Just installed 12.1.5 beta and it fixed it for me.   

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The engineering team is aware and is currently investigating and working toward a resolution for this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, while we work toward a resolution, we recommend using a browser to view videos. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

Vicuna2002
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue. Just upgraded to the new iPhone Xs max. I hope they fix the issue soon
NIkkiG168
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras will not playback any recordings. When they do it shuts down my iPhone to a reboot. Are they able to run on the latest apple operating software. Had them for years and never had any issues.