Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo camera “running man” Grayed out

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Afletch44 Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my devices is not recording motion( motion icon grayed out). when in edit mode / edit rules, device is not even listed. Can still live stream from this device just no recordings/ notifications. Should I remove device and re - sync? Let me know, thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Guru jguerdat Guru
Guru

A custom mode gives you complete control but the Armed mode should have a rule for that camera. Restart the base and check again. If still no good, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync - that should clear up any weirdnesses.

All Replies
Guru jguerdat Guru
Guru

It sounds like the camera was removed and resynced at some point. WHen that happens, the camera rules in custom modes are removed - only the default Armed mode gets rules regenerated automatically. If you're using custom modes, create a new rule for that camera.

Afletch44 Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the quick response! I may have re-syncd that camera at some point, can’t remember. I have only been using the default armed mode rules. Should I make a custom rule for that camera?
Guru jguerdat Guru
Guru

A custom mode gives you complete control but the Armed mode should have a rule for that camera. Restart the base and check again. If still no good, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync - that should clear up any weirdnesses.

Afletch44 Aspirant
Aspirant
Re- sync worked. Thanks for your help and quick responses!