Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

We're sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again

We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Is anyone else getting this?

88 REPLIES 88
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The new schedule setup threw me off for a second.... but in all it seems to work well.

Also the timer on the static shots was a great idea ( as opposed to the older plain date of last view )

Good work Netgear

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
KMKM
Star
Star

On the new app how can you check cloud usage (how do you know how much room your recordings are using?). 

Also so how do you get to the settings where you can choose either to delete old recordings to make room for new ones or not to record until you have manually deleted old ones? 

Thanks 

Viperbird
Guide
Guide

Doesn't look like there is a storge limit for the first 7 days any more.I have been running 5 cameras fo a month now with 40-50 recordings on average a day and was not able to hit the max.

KMKM
Star
Star
That's interesting. I just recently bought the premier for 64 GBP because I was using about 1gb a day.

Netgear can you please advise. How do you check usage limit? Also if there is a lack of limit why were netgear still selling premier packages
KMKM
Star
Star
Hi

Can someone from the netgear team please advise on my question above. The customer service team either put you on hold for over 30mins or have not been able to answer simple questions like above. Like other I have spent over 500 gbp on devices and packages and despite liking the product generally, find the customer device very poor
Fedmo98
Aspirant
Aspirant
Messaging service unavailable as of January 22 2016 for the last four days
Fedmo98
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now receive message data base is down
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fedmo98,

What is the behavior of your base stations internet LED? Where are you seeing this error message?

JamesC

Fedmo98
Aspirant
Aspirant
On the arlo interface currently on the west coast cameras and base on east coast trying to restart remotely
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Probably won't help but try the other connection type, app or browser. 

Can you get someone at home to check on your base?

Briand0037
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just pulled my arlo pro system out of the box. All lights are green but I get "We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again." after I agree to the term of service. Then nothing! Any suggestions?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a few things.  Power off the modem, router and base.  Power them back on in that order, allowing each one to start up (2 minutes or so) before doing the next one.  If that doesn't help, try the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber.  Let it start up and try again.  You could try it on a neighbor's or friend's network in case it's something about your network.  If still no go, swap the system at the store since the base may have an issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Briand0037,

Are you still seeing this behavior after trying the suggestions above?

Please let us know,

JamesC

Briand0037
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Yeah I am. Apparently the refurbished unit I purchased was not deleted from the previous owners account. Arlo Tech support is telling me I need to either return the unit to the store or via RMA to Netgear.
Either way it's a major PITA!