Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Database service is currently down...

Discussion stats
mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

We're sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again

We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Is anyone else getting this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community,

We are continuing to work toward a resolution and believe we are very close to restoring the system to normal operation. I'll provide another update in 30 minutes if not sooner.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

88 REPLIES 88
Swpowell
Guide
Guide
I am
davidspapa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes !!  :-((

i´ve bought a new system today. but it won´t work

athomp
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes

Swpowell
Guide
Guide
Looks like it started around 11:50 or so, eastern time.
Zhe
Aspirant
Aspirant

same here

though "motion detected" alerts are showing up - but cannot get any videos or real time views, no e-mail notifications as well.

mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

oh perfect timing but honestly that sucks... never seen this message before. all lights are green, internet is fine, can't access from/app/phone/tablet/laptop

emibin8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.... Also from Italy... Man Sad

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo team is making several updates to the cloud and to all the apps as a part of the new release today. Some users may experience issues during this process and we apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. We expect the issues to be resolved in a very short time frame and request you to try using Arlo again in 60 minutes

JamesC

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The Arlo cloud seems to be completely down right now.  All I get from the web portal is "The Request Timed Out" message no matter what I do.

mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

cool at least we know it's not working and why.

Janiceis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still down here in Toronto.  Can't login or anything.

yockyw
Guide
Guide

If it's known that this is happening and that it will cause disruption, why aren't we informed in advance?

I get multiple marketing emails from Netgear, but nothing that will inform me of a predicatable service disruption?

I just got home and couldn't turn off my motion detection, the app told me the base station wasn't connected to the internet, which it was. 

Now I am connected I've had no notification of my own motion which I could see the camera detecting as i entered the house.

None of this seems ideal at all.

BinhDo
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's still not working ofr me

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm getting the new interface (nothing special) on my pc but my cameras are off line.  IOS app not working either.

pdxatx
Guide
Guide

Thread shows as "solved", but I would not call it solved until the service is resumed.

my system has been down all morning also and is still not up. Server not available.

I do get push alerts for motion, but one cannot see anything on the apps.

it would be nice if netgear had sent out an advance notice about the service being down to its users.

nekoda0903
Aspirant
Aspirant

ME TOO! and right in the middle of a very important time as some strange activity was going on in our neighborhood and i missed most of the activity. Very aggravated right now!!!Robot Mad

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Fasten your seat belts. We are about to take the Arlo Update ride "AGAIN"

mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does not work still!!!!
Dirkster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you...howver it would be more professional for an email alert to users that these upgrades are in progress

JamesC wrote:

The Arlo team is making several updates to the cloud and to all the apps as a part of the new release today. Some users may experience issues during this process and we apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. We expect the issues to be resolved in a very short time frame and request you to try using Arlo again in 60 minutes

JamesC

BeachElle
Initiate
Initiate

Its been 4 hours since this post and the complete system iks still down not only for myself but for a friend in another state. Very frustrating since when on vacation the purpose of this system is to monitor one's home. Does anyone know exactly when this will be resolved?

geevee
Guide
Guide
Unbelievable! System upgrade?? I have been unable to see any live views or any recordings for the past 2 hours or more. Why on earth would they do a system upgrade during business hours when most homes are empty. There are thousands upon thousands of homes right now that are vulnerable. I just bought the system and have used it for 3 days. One of my cameras has been showing only black and white. Called technical support and problem was solved for 10 minutes. Feeling very uncomfortable with the system right now. Expected more for my $500.
BeachElle
Initiate
Initiate

Its been 4 hours since this post and the complete system iks still down not only for myself but for a friend in another state. Very frustrating since when on vacation the purpose of this system is to monitor one's home. Does anyone know exactly when this will be resolved?

geevee
Guide
Guide
They are doing a system upgrade. Crappy timing
dysmorphdoc
Tutor
Tutor

Since when are system upgrades done in the middle of the day? I know the hardware is used in other countries but I'm gonna wager that the majority of users are in N. America. This sucks big time.