Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Database service is currently down...

Discussion stats
mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

We're sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again

We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Is anyone else getting this?

88 REPLIES 88
mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

lots of different issues camera failed to connect, camera offline, please fix this an expensie $500+ toy otherwise is going back!!

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
To all of you that just received your Arlo system under the Christmas tree WELCOME TO THE FORUM. You will soon find out that a Arlo system update is like riding Space Mountain without a seat belt. The occurrences of today are not new and you will soon find them as typical. We will all find out what features we had yesterday are gone today because of this update and what the future holds for us. Netgear if your going to be in the security business you owe it to your customers to finally get your damn acts together.
javi88
Tutor
Tutor

Well thats reassuring..

dysmorphdoc
Tutor
Tutor

So, here is what I see that has been messed up so far due to this upgrade. 1) On the cameras page, when you click on the play button in the picture to see real time video, several of the icons below the screen are missing, especially the pause button - it is there you just can't see it. 2)  As already mentioned, when you do a real time play and then pause, the screen image for the camera no longer updates to that most recent video. 3) I have lost the icons in the upper right hand corner that show battery level and motion detection - gone, poof. 

I am sure there is other stuff messed up, but this is what I can see so far AND IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!

mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

agreed 101%

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community,

As some of you may have noticed some functionality has been restored but acknowledge that some issues still persist. Although you may be able to perform live streams we recommend that you refrain from doing so at this time. Instead, we recommend enabling motion detection. We are continuing to work through resolving the remaining issue(s) and will provide another update as quickly as possible.

We will be back in touch shortly.

Thank you,

Christine 

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
ElayseePhilly
Aspirant
Aspirant
The server seems to up, but when I click "live" it never comnects. Anyone else?
ElayseePhilly
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oops. Posted that before I saw Christine's message. Sorry.
dysmorphdoc
Tutor
Tutor

See note above from Christine.  However, I am able to click Live and get live video.  

nekoda0903
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem is the motion detection is saying its recording but we are unable to view any of the videos. So without using livestream we get nothing still after 4 hours!

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Safe to assume that any video shot durning your upgrade (down grade) is lost forever? I was getting alerts during the upgrade, numbers were showing up as new in the library but no video in the library. 

geevee
Guide
Guide
Oh, I guess I'm not back fully. On and off capability to view live shots. And it recorded a clip triggered by motion but it was the last three seconds of a 45 second long movement. Well at least I would have had the back of someone's head running out the door with my valuables
dysmorphdoc
Tutor
Tutor

yep, I am seeing motion alerts come to my phone, but no motion video being captured as far as I can tell.

Jolly64
Aspirant
Aspirant

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello nekoda0903,

Just to confirm we do not recommend live streaming at this time. I am unable to replicate the issue you are describing. However, I have reported it to our development team to investigate further. Can you confirm what type of device you are using to view your Arlo cameras with so we can try to match our testing with your specific configuration? Is anyone else experiencing this same issue?

I look forward to your update. I'll also provide another update once I get their feedback.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Coneyman74
Aspirant
Aspirant

Christine,

I cannot even get my new cameras associated with my base station.  Is this also going to be a problem until service is fully restored?

ElayseePhilly
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to manually capture a vid and a snap, but nothing is being captured automatically (eg, when my dogs move about) and if it is its nowhere in the library.
nekoda0903
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to view the recordings on both my laptop which is running windows 10 and from my android device. I have the new interface on the laptop and my cameras little men light up as if recording but no new videos show up in my library to view. I recieve alerts that say motion has been detected on all my cameras and I even tested one myself and when i pull up the camera my face is the capture on that camera screen but no video of myself waving to the camera in the library. I am using Arlo wireless outdoor cams. 

I a using arlo wireless outdoor cams

FW Version
1.6.2_4344
HW Version
VMB3010r2
above FROM BASE SETTINGS

And cameras say :1.2.2688 firmware; hardware:vmc3030

Janiceis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I seem to be back up and running as usual now!  All is good again. 🙂

xcar82
Initiate
Initiate

This upgrade is very unprofessional and agree with most users here that this shouldn't have done during business hours. There was no indication or message that there will be an upgrade disrupting the service. I was in the process of trying to install the new Arlo system when the android app kept stopping and some pages in the portal site kept showing that it is "currently unavailable". I was clueless on what's going on and spent hours troubleshooting. I was not able to get my cameras to sync and it is still not syncing as of now. If I do not get this Arlo working soon, defintiely will be returning it.

nekoda0903
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am unable to view manual recordings either, have resynced the cams, set auto updates and rest manually and on website to no avail. Any new updates??

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

To add some insult to injury, the new version of the web portal still requires Adobe Flash to work.  This means it can only be accessed by PCs, due to all other browsers having moved beyond Flash to HTML5.  This seems like another lost opportunity to get up-to-date with technology.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

@Coneyman74,

I have not been able to replicate this issue and do not expect this issue to be the result of the current updates that have recently been deployed. I would like to work with you directly and have sent you a private message with further instructions.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Christine

____
billyinlasvegas
Tutor
Tutor

Waited on the phone for an hour just to be told there's an upgrade taking place and there's nothing they can do.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community!

The much anticipated update that I am happy to report is the Arlo systems have been restored to 100% functionality. We are now deploying new iOS and Android mobile apps that should prompt you to update once the Apple and Play stores make them available.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing unexpected behavior from your Arlo system.

Best Regards,

Christine

____