Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

We're sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again

We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Is anyone else getting this?

88 REPLIES 88
mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes the interface looks a bit better however fix the crappy app so I am not seeing getting status for all the time or please wait for a minute even though all 5 cameras are getting full wifi signal etc. this only affects the app

nekoda0903
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will we be able to view all this video and motion detected we are recieving alerts about after the system has finally update? I am still getting alerts but no clue if anything is truely being recorded or not?? Can anyone from the ARLO team answer this? Thanks!
jgandhi19
Aspirant
Aspirant

We paid waaaayyyy too much money for there to be a large disruption of service like this.  Have you guys ever heard of an outage window and end-user communication?  Who's the PM assigned to this change Smiley Happy

mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

This should be raised as  Major Incidient, who is making changes during business hours? NETGEAR of course! Pissed!

KMKM
Star
Star

Hi

Can netgear please provide an update. Nobody from netgear arlo support  is answering the phone. This issue has been persisting for a very long time today - when is arlo going to be fully working again

A lot of money has been spent on this and we are being kept in the dark. I really need the cameras working Asap 

thanks 

Bkay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still in and out of service for me
nekoda0903
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could someone please give an update and assistance to those of us who are still having the issues with product not functioning. Thanks!

javi88
Tutor
Tutor

The person on the phone couldn't provide an ETA..first she said an hour.. (about 40 minutes ago), then towards the end of the call said "maybe 5pm your time" which is eastern time..

mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

dude whoever is doing the upgrade during the business hours should been fired first 2 minutes of this outage, am I upgrading my prod servers at work during the business hours? Guess what would have happened?

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community,

We are continuing to work toward a resolution and believe we are very close to restoring the system to normal operation. I'll provide another update in 30 minutes if not sooner.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
javi88
Tutor
Tutor

If you did this during the day anywhere I'd have to guess something along the lines of heads rolling would be an understatement..lol

I get it, if they did this at 2 am people would be up in arms about it going off during the night time when crime is more common..

my "beef" is prior to me digging around (and most users probably would not venture onto the forums), is that there was no apparent notice and up until christine posted, I have not seen one arlo representative speak out on any platform.

Nazemsidrak
Initiate
Initiate
Would have been helpful to advice your customers this was happening. And it is taking more then 60 minutes?!
Nazem - Switzerland.
WillemdeVries
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not daytime everywhere now.

Here it's in the evening now.

It would be an understatement if I would say that I'm not amused.

Nazemsidrak
Initiate
Initiate
Hello Christine, Look forward to receiving your update!
geevee
Guide
Guide
Mine is finally back. Almost 3 hours! Not cool. Now if they can successfully resolve my problem with black and white instead of color that would be good
mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

still the same... offline

Dislexiksmurf
Aspirant
Aspirant

On hold for 30 min before hanging up. Everyone must be calling. Chat is down, and I cant setup my new camera before work. I'm now late. Lame Sauce, but the new updated portal looks a bit cleaner.

JE121
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just spent a lot of time troubleshooting this thing.  If it wasn't an Xmas present, it would be back on the return shelf now.

dysmorphdoc
Tutor
Tutor

service is back up now

mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, it seems to be back however when I click on "Play Now" and then stop it should should me the latest image but instead I am seeing what was "caught" on the camera hrs ago... restarting the base

javi88
Tutor
Tutor

A little off topic.. I was able to get to the interface.. Im runing 5 cameras..but when I try to view the 5th one it says a maximum of 5 streams supported simultaneously...what gives?

mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

4 is max

javi88
Tutor
Tutor

Odd..so why does it say 5 instead of 4 is the simulatenous limit..why offer a 5 cam system. I'm beyond annoyed at this 

ElayseePhilly
Aspirant
Aspirant

javi88 wrote:

A little off topic.. I was able to get to the interface.. Im runing 5 cameras..but when I try to view the 5th one it says a maximum of 5 streams supported simultaneously...what gives?

I am running five (though sporadically right now!), so perhaps it is the update that is causing your problems.

mikeavs
Aspirant
Aspirant

very odd when I click on "Live" and stop I should I see my latest picture instead I have to log out or refresh the page to see "Just now" ... this was not the case before the ugprade, fix it please!