Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Star

Re: Geofencing Issues

You have a point but would the discussions be so many and so long if the crap just worked?
Message 26 of 181

In the past week or two, I have seen several comments from Netgear moderators responding to issues on geofencing with reports of impending updates.

Maybe you missed them. Here's a few:

Re: Geofencing Issues - Arlo Communities

Re: GEOFENCING Defects

Re: Arlo Ultra Geofencing

Arlo Android App - 2.7.10 - 16th May 2019

They are from just one Arlo "Community Manager", which doesn't really fit in with the notion that:

Arlo folks rarely if ever reply here. They don't actually have support other than FAQ's.

I guess they are just too polite to point that out. Or too busy dealing with real issues.

My Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Security Light, Ultra, Doorbell, Chime
Message 27 of 181
Tutor

The Arlo community manager will merge new discussions that are of the same issue, unfortunately.   I disagree with you that they "won't have time keeping up" - just let your customers know what's going on, it's really simple.  Most other product/software companies manage this aspect just fine.

Message 28 of 181
Tutor

My Arlo Pro geofencing has completely stopped working it was working fine until 3-5 days ago now it doesn’t detect when I get home and usually doesn’t detect when I leave. Until now it worked perfectly and I want that back as it is much more convenient than a schedule. I am an iOS user.
Message 29 of 181

App Version 2.7.11 

5/21/2019

Android.

Geofencing still broken. Oncec Iget to away mode and come back into the zone it will not change back to home mode. I have to disable and then select geofencing again to get it back to home mode. This is a pretty standard feature on most smart devices. how does one not test this before releasing.

Message 30 of 181

Same for me - geofencing works when leaving but does not update to home mode.  EVen though I am clearly "in zone".  I've found I have to unselect geofencing then select it again for each device (I have 4) to force it to update.  That's obviously not a fix.

I've tried toggling enabled devices, hard resetting phone.  Doesn't work.

Is there a way to downgrade the app?  This just started happening about a week ago or so (I assume when it auto-updated to 2.7.9)

Message 31 of 181
Apprentice

Arlo geofencing (on iOS) is a cluster-yuck.  I have the same issues and have to constantly disarm and then turn geofencing back on for the app to recognize correctly who (out of my wife and I) is at home.

Model: VMS5140 | Arlo Ultra 1 Camera Kit
Message 32 of 181
Apprentice

Allso broken geofence here. Ios uset, im so sad i bought theese 12 camera system Smiley Sad

Anyway - yes there is a Way to downgrade the ios app, does anyone know a version that works ?

I have just downgraded mine to v 2.4.9 as in this video, but geofence does still not work. I have my thoughts about the firmware in the basestation, could this me the issue ???

Downgrading video:
https://youtu.be/L9KbDpUYTC0
Model: VMS5440 | Arlo Ultra 4 Camera Kit
Message 33 of 181
Highlighted

I have different Arlo camera and have the same geo fencing issues. So do people on android. Therefore it must be server side issue. Nothing we can do, but wait for mercy from sloppy Arlo developers. Probably cheap offshore dev team to minimize expenses
Message 34 of 181

Geofencing Issues

3 x Arlo Q. Latest Iphone IOS and Arlo app. Geofencing only works when I leave the house but has stopped working when I come home. I need to manually disable all my cameras to enter my house and then manually re-enable geofencing. Tried everyhting from hard reset, re-installing software, cameras, router,... Nada, zip, nothing works which definitely points to a bug with Arlo. 

Message 35 of 181
Tutor

I have the same problem on my iPhone X. I would think that with all of the threads and pretty much the same problem, another thread wouldn't need to be opened. I am close to just tossing the whole Arlo system in the trash and buy a real camera system with support.

Message 36 of 181

I have the same issue. It detect me leaving home, but does not detect me coming back home.

Message 37 of 181
Apprentice

Everything after update 2.7.10 is working again! Thank you 🙏🏻
Message 38 of 181
Apprentice

Not for me....

I'm out of zone and my wife is in zone, so the system should NOT be armed, but it is armed

And, geofencing is showing that my wife is out of zone

Message 39 of 181
Apprentice

Are both apps updated? Do you have firmware on base at 1.12.2.0_33535?! Mine works perfectly now...
Message 40 of 181

Yes. An overnight update seems to have fixed things.

Clearly, if more than one device is involved it helps to have them both on the latest app versions.

My Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Security Light, Ultra, Doorbell, Chime
Message 41 of 181
Apprentice

My wife says her app is updated, but I can't verify since I'm at work and she's at home

Basestations show "no updates available"

Message 42 of 181
Apprentice

Let us know if you receive firmware update listed in OP
Message 43 of 181
Apprentice

Okay just got home and geofencing tells me I’m home but still doesn’t trigger disarmed! As stated before leaving with my wife’s and my phone works after last one leaves it will arm but no go on arrival.
Message 44 of 181
Apprentice

very nice, a new Update without Solving geofence / schedule problem beutyfull work netgear 👍
Message 45 of 181
Aspirant

I’m having no issues with geo fencing. When I leave it sets to armed. And when I arrive home it changes to schedule, which I have disarmed until night. I’m an iOS user as well. I’d like to offer help if I can.
Model: VMS5440 | Arlo Ultra 4 Camera Kit
Message 46 of 181

Arlo Q /Iphone IOS 12.3 / Arlo 2.7.10

The latest Arlo update 2.7.10 has still not resolved the problem. I still need to manually disable my geofencing when I come home as it fails to revert to 'Home Mode'. It does however work when I leave the house and aut. puts me in 'Away made'. Very frustrating to say the least. 

Message 47 of 181
Aspirant

Yeah I’m not having that problem at all. It’s hard to say why I’m not and you are, but it seems to me that mine is working as intended. The only thing I’m waiting on is HomeKit support.
Message 48 of 181
Star

---" In the past week or two, I have seen several comments from Netgear moderators responding to issues on geofencing with reports of impending updates."---

reports of impending updates.   Really?  Sure, that might be an actual reply but it's not actual support. 

---"They are from just one Arlo "Community Manager", which doesn't really fit in with the notion that:

Arlo folks rarely if ever reply here. They don't actually have support other than FAQ's.

I guess they are just too polite to point that out. Or too busy dealing with real issues.---

Because geofencing is not a real issue.   You might be a shill.  Go ahead and defend it if you like.  The customer service sucks.  Apparently, so does the programming.  But they do it with a smile so...

Message 49 of 181
Apprentice

Exactly the same for me! I have 2 Arlo Pro 2, 1 Ultra all using the Ultra base I thought it worked yesterday but sadly at the end of the day does same as yours
Message 50 of 181