Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
dj3w3ll1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello,

@JamesC

Ever since I have updated my Arlo Ultra Base Station to Firmware Version 1.12.1.7_32817, and my Arlo Ultra Camera to Firmware Version 1.060.33.7_32761, it seems that Geofencing on the iPhone no longer works properly. I have even updated the iPhone App to Version 2.7.7 and still issues persist.

I have removed the second user from that I share the system with and re-added them, but the device still shows “in-zone” and never will set the system to Armed, or visa/versa when Disarmed. That users device will sometimes then show “unavailable” in the Geofencing portion of the Mode section of the Arlo App as well. Both of our iPhones are running the absolute latest software updates too. We have made no changes of our own or added any new devices, but after the latest Firmware updates from Arlo, it seems everything broke.

I have tried several fixes as listed in previous threads:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/GEOFENCING-Defect/td-p/1691242/jump-to/first-unread-message

However, nothing seems to work. I am reaching out to the community and @JamesC for help, and to see if any other users are experiencing these issues.

Please let me know as I am quite frustrated that this just happened with another broken Firmware update.

- D
191 REPLIES 191
Tomt1
Star
Star
You have a point but would the discussions be so many and so long if the crap just worked?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

In the past week or two, I have seen several comments from Netgear moderators responding to issues on geofencing with reports of impending updates.

Maybe you missed them. Here's a few:

Re: Geofencing Issues - Arlo Communities

Re: GEOFENCING Defects

Re: Arlo Ultra Geofencing

Arlo Android App - 2.7.10 - 16th May 2019

They are from just one Arlo "Community Manager", which doesn't really fit in with the notion that:

Arlo folks rarely if ever reply here. They don't actually have support other than FAQ's.

I guess they are just too polite to point that out. Or too busy dealing with real issues.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
murphyr
Tutor
Tutor

The Arlo community manager will merge new discussions that are of the same issue, unfortunately.   I disagree with you that they "won't have time keeping up" - just let your customers know what's going on, it's really simple.  Most other product/software companies manage this aspect just fine.

Sam_C
Tutor
Tutor
My Arlo Pro geofencing has completely stopped working it was working fine until 3-5 days ago now it doesn’t detect when I get home and usually doesn’t detect when I leave. Until now it worked perfectly and I want that back as it is much more convenient than a schedule. I am an iOS user.
pinkmuffin420
Tutor
Tutor

App Version 2.7.11 

5/21/2019

Android.

Geofencing still broken. Oncec Iget to away mode and come back into the zone it will not change back to home mode. I have to disable and then select geofencing again to get it back to home mode. This is a pretty standard feature on most smart devices. how does one not test this before releasing.

midget2000x
Guide
Guide

Same for me - geofencing works when leaving but does not update to home mode.  EVen though I am clearly "in zone".  I've found I have to unselect geofencing then select it again for each device (I have 4) to force it to update.  That's obviously not a fix.

I've tried toggling enabled devices, hard resetting phone.  Doesn't work.

Is there a way to downgrade the app?  This just started happening about a week ago or so (I assume when it auto-updated to 2.7.9)

pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo geofencing (on iOS) is a cluster-yuck.  I have the same issues and have to constantly disarm and then turn geofencing back on for the app to recognize correctly who (out of my wife and I) is at home.

Morten-Kroejby
Apprentice
Apprentice
Allso broken geofence here. Ios uset, im so sad i bought theese 12 camera system 😞

Anyway - yes there is a Way to downgrade the ios app, does anyone know a version that works ?

I have just downgraded mine to v 2.4.9 as in this video, but geofence does still not work. I have my thoughts about the firmware in the basestation, could this me the issue ???

Downgrading video:
https://youtu.be/L9KbDpUYTC0
Tuareg0xFFFF
Guide
Guide
I have different Arlo camera and have the same geo fencing issues. So do people on android. Therefore it must be server side issue. Nothing we can do, but wait for mercy from sloppy Arlo developers. Probably cheap offshore dev team to minimize expenses
MaxSprecher
Guide
Guide

3 x Arlo Q. Latest Iphone IOS and Arlo app. Geofencing only works when I leave the house but has stopped working when I come home. I need to manually disable all my cameras to enter my house and then manually re-enable geofencing. Tried everyhting from hard reset, re-installing software, cameras, router,... Nada, zip, nothing works which definitely points to a bug with Arlo. 

SLTexas
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem on my iPhone X. I would think that with all of the threads and pretty much the same problem, another thread wouldn't need to be opened. I am close to just tossing the whole Arlo system in the trash and buy a real camera system with support.

siddrajput
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue. It detect me leaving home, but does not detect me coming back home.

SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
Everything after update 2.7.10 is working again! Thank you 🙏🏻
pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not for me....

I'm out of zone and my wife is in zone, so the system should NOT be armed, but it is armed

And, geofencing is showing that my wife is out of zone

SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
Are both apps updated? Do you have firmware on base at 1.12.2.0_33535?! Mine works perfectly now...
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Yes. An overnight update seems to have fixed things.

Clearly, if more than one device is involved it helps to have them both on the latest app versions.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice

My wife says her app is updated, but I can't verify since I'm at work and she's at home

Basestations show "no updates available"

SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
Let us know if you receive firmware update listed in OP
SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
Okay just got home and geofencing tells me I’m home but still doesn’t trigger disarmed! As stated before leaving with my wife’s and my phone works after last one leaves it will arm but no go on arrival.
Morten-Kroejby
Apprentice
Apprentice
very nice, a new Update without Solving geofence / schedule problem beutyfull work netgear 👍
Taybo20
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having no issues with geo fencing. When I leave it sets to armed. And when I arrive home it changes to schedule, which I have disarmed until night. I’m an iOS user as well. I’d like to offer help if I can.
MaxSprecher
Guide
Guide

Arlo Q /Iphone IOS 12.3 / Arlo 2.7.10

The latest Arlo update 2.7.10 has still not resolved the problem. I still need to manually disable my geofencing when I come home as it fails to revert to 'Home Mode'. It does however work when I leave the house and aut. puts me in 'Away made'. Very frustrating to say the least. 

Taybo20
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah I’m not having that problem at all. It’s hard to say why I’m not and you are, but it seems to me that mine is working as intended. The only thing I’m waiting on is HomeKit support.
Tomt1
Star
Star

---" In the past week or two, I have seen several comments from Netgear moderators responding to issues on geofencing with reports of impending updates."---

reports of impending updates.   Really?  Sure, that might be an actual reply but it's not actual support. 

---"They are from just one Arlo "Community Manager", which doesn't really fit in with the notion that:

Arlo folks rarely if ever reply here. They don't actually have support other than FAQ's.

I guess they are just too polite to point that out. Or too busy dealing with real issues.---

Because geofencing is not a real issue.   You might be a shill.  Go ahead and defend it if you like.  The customer service sucks.  Apparently, so does the programming.  But they do it with a smile so...

SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
Exactly the same for me! I have 2 Arlo Pro 2, 1 Ultra all using the Ultra base I thought it worked yesterday but sadly at the end of the day does same as yours