Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
NRobo
Follower
Follower

I have been very closely following the Ultra via this community and I have to say that the decision to allow for local access/streaming of 4k in addition to the firmware fixes conducted by Arlo have brought me back into again considering the Ultra's.  One item not discussed is the ability of the Ultra to allow for geofencing.  I am interested to hear experiences from users who have set up the geofencing capability.  I will also add that the input and experience I have gained through your comments/suggestions is incredibly valuable; Thank you to all of you for your candid reviews and opinions. 

7 REPLIES 7
XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have been using Arlo for several years now and thus can only speak to my experiences with Arlo/Pro cameras not Ultra.

Geofencing has always been flaky. It frequently fails to detect changes to Home/Away status. Arlo have put no effort into addressing these defects. I have had one defect open for close to 12 months where activating Disarm will corrupt Geofencing mode settings. Still no update / communication on resolution. More recently I am seeing horrible battery drain from the Arlo App most likely due to poor management of location updates.

In summary Geofencing has been a dog's breakfast and Arlo appear to have done little to fix it.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is working on a new app release that addresses several geofencing issues being reported by users. We hope to have that app update available soon. I will post an update in this thread when I have more information on this release.

JamesC

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks . Any info you can provide on defects fixed would be greatly appreciated.

It may help with the volume of posts from concerned customers if Arlo could provide a few meaningful updates.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new Android update for the Arlo Mobile app was just released addressing a bug specific to Custom modes and Geofencing. Please make sure to download the latest Arlo Mobile app and test again to see if you are still experiencing this issue.

Arlo Android App - 2.7.10 - 16th May 2019

More updates and improvements for Geofencing are slated for release in the very near future. Stay tuned.

JamesC

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Geofencing Custom Mode defect looks like it is fixed. That is good news.

This took too long. If you want customers to advocate for the brand rather than publish negative feedback you must better resource defect resolution.

I am still seeing issues with location updates. Geofencing frequently shows me out of zone even when I have the app open. Hopefully you have this in hand.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

XJW,

I'm glad to hear you're no longer experiencing issues with custom modes and Geofencing. I certainly understand the frustration surrounding this feature and your perspective. More improvements are coming for in the very near future. I'll keep you updated.

JameC

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks James.

But I have now stopped using Geofencing.

It is just too unreliable. It can't track in/out of zone and burns battery more than any other app on my phone.

It is utterly hopeless.

The Arlo team should be ashamed of their support performance. Geofencing has not worked since it was released and that is now many years ago.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation