Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

Prior to updating our phones to iOS 11.3 all functions including the push to talk feature through the camera’s speaker were working properly. I had updated my phone yesterday but had not tried the Arlo app until today. When my wife got home today we tried the app on her phone and the push to talk feature worked properly. We then updated her phone to 11.3 and tried the app afterwards. All the icons are present and we get the push button icon but it no longer functions to get any sound through the camera speaker. I used the chat function here to notify Netgear and I posted a review on the Apple App Store that the update causes a problem with this function. 

187 REPLIES 187
RaduMi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem after updating to iOS11.3.1. I checked On my iPhone the following settings: Settings/Privacy/Microphone/Arlo -ON.
Arlo camera/Settings/Audio settings - ON. On an Android device is ok but on my iPhone X, iOS11.3 and starting today 11.3.1, the speaker not working 😞
davidmeador
Guide
Guide

Arlo/Netgear - When will this be fixed??

Twoh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently pilurchelsee an Arlo Pro 2 with 3 cama. The mic is nit working on my iphone z. It is woking with iphone 6s, 7, and 8. I have updated iphone to latest software. Mic is on. Any help wools be appreciated.
brh
Master
Master

@Twoh

I don't think that anyone's iPhones are working properly using the mic on IOS 11.3. My iPhone 6 and my wife's iPhome 6 Plus and iPad are not working. Arlo says this is a known problem and will have a solution shortly.

Brian

Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

There is still no update yet. I have recently contacted them about this but they said their engineers are still working on it. Better use a different device for the mean time.

Smiley Happy

Wailex
Tutor
Tutor
Oops. I installed my Arlo 2 yesterday and also note that the intercom for mic and speakers are not compatible with my iPhone 7 too
tobykoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant
Much like others my microphone doesn’t work. Tried iPhone, iPad, tablet, & pc. Tried uninstall & reinstall., still nothing. Just about ready to send them back.
jdford62
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having same issue but, I was trying to Grant acces to my Wife . Stopped @ Best Buy Geek Squad they Knew nothing . Thanks for Info JDFORD62

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What iOS are you running ?  11.x ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DawnH
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same for me with the Arlo Pro. I have an iPhone 8 running iOS 11.3 and mic doesn’t work.

Mic is enabled on phone, all firmware is updated on Arlo and cameras.

It’s a bit delayed but the mic does work from my husband’s Samsung.
Jrmo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem with the Arlo pro. Any iOS does not seem to work, but if I log on using my laptop it works fine.
Nigel2013
Aspirant
Aspirant
New purchase. Microphone not working. Push to talk not working. Have ios 11.3.
tobykoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes 11.3.1 running on iPhones
davidmeador
Guide
Guide

does anyone know of a ARLO/Netgear competitor that works with IOS today and tomorrow?

thegrudas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spoke with Arlo support and they said this is a known issue and that they are working on it.  They had no ETA when this will be fixed.  This bug makes the camera useless.  I can't be having to turn off wifi and bluetooth to talk with someone at the door.

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

Someone I know uses a Wyze Cam and said that the push to talk currently works, on 11.3. On Amazon they’re only about $28 so it would be an inexpensive experiment to see if it meets your needs. I’ve considered it myself but everything else about my Q works perfectly so I’d rather wait till Apple releases 11.4. I’m still of the belief that it’s a privacy/security glitch with 11.3 that is preventing the Arlo app from accessing the phone’s microphone. When I press the green talk button the audio from the camera cuts out but your voice is never picked up by the phone so nothing is transmitted to the camera speaker. 

Twoh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Iphone x ios 11.3.1 NOT working. Works with iphone 6s and ipad. Unfortunately, i have the iohone x and Arlo cant keep up. Purchased Arlo on Amazon and it looks lik im switching to ring.
Twoh
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have 3 Wyze cams and wouldn't recommend them for security. They only record 10-12 seconds every 5 minutes (their so-called cool-down period). Useful for some things but not security.

Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, you may refer to this forum

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-2-Way-Audio-Just-Does-NOT-Work/m-p/1560182#M36104

This issue is still being reviewed by Arlo

🙂

Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, all ios devices has a problem with the push to talk feature. Either you connect your phone to a wifi or use cellular data it's still not working. Alternate way is to use an andorid phone or pc since push to talk feature will be working on devices that are not ios.

🙂

Rpatter
Initiate
Initiate

The Arlo Pro push to talk does not work either, when it does work there is 20sec delay or more. QVC sales people do not tell you this or any other issues. Ex. when monitoring camera's there is a 10 to 15 second delay also. My camera's are father than 30ft one is 10ft away.

Jiminator
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all!  Just purchased and installed my Arlo Pro System on the 26th of April.  I actually purchased two (2 camera) Arlo Pro systems as it was a bit cheaper than the price of a 4 camera system and it gave me two base stations as well.

Set-up went well and the cameras and system in general seem to be performing well with the exception of a couple of issues that in my case, could be a problem.

1.  Two-way talk does not function on my iPhone, my iPad nor my Fire Phone.  I have since read that there are issues and that Netgear is currently aware of this.  I have not tested this on a computer/laptop as of yet.

2.  Notifications do not work on my Fire Phone.  I just downloaded the latest app available on Amazon, made sure all the correct boxes in setting were set and simply can not get this to work.  I get the notifications on my iPad and my wife’s iPhone (wish we could customize the notification so you could instantly determine if this was an alarm and not just a push from USA Today, but I will leave this for a different discussion). 

Do any members here have the Arlo Pro System/Amazon Fire Phone that have successfully got notifications to work?  If so, could you educate me?

Would it be unreasonable for me to assume that a fix for the two-way talk feature is coming soon?  After reading some of the threads here in the past couple days I can say that I am not getting a “warm fuzzy” about some of these issues.  

As I said, I am just into this for the past few days and so far (not withstanding the above exceptions) am enjoying the system and holding out hope that they can be corrected.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't speak to the iOS issues (none here) but the current 11.3 OS broke things for Arlo. The beta of 11.4 is said to be working fine. Dunno if the app will be fixed before the OS.

The Amazon Fire phone, although running Linux, is not a supported device just as Windows phones are not. iOS and Android phones are the supported ones. If you can get it to work, it's all on you. Maybe Fire OS will be supported at some time but it isn't currently.

Jiminator
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the insight and the reply.  Much appreciated!