Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push To Talk Not Working After Updating to ios 11..3

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

Prior to updating our phones to iOS 11.3 all functions including the push to talk feature through the camera’s speaker were working properly. I had updated my phone yesterday but had not tried the Arlo app until today. When my wife got home today we tried the app on her phone and the push to talk feature worked properly. We then updated her phone to 11.3 and tried the app afterwards. All the icons are present and we get the push button icon but it no longer functions to get any sound through the camera speaker. I used the chat function here to notify Netgear and I posted a review on the Apple App Store that the update causes a problem with this function. 

187 REPLIES 187
bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

It’s working properly on my iPad Pro. The audio from the camera is audible before pressing the green button and after releasing it. However it is not on my iPhone 8+. The PTT is working but the camera audio is disabled, or inaudible, after releasing the button. I have to X out of the microphone function to get the audio back. 

Woodyjet
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bought mine in Costco. I’m going to wait till the new iPhone update comes out . If the fix doesn’t work . They will be returned . Luckily Costco has a 3 month return policy
With electronics
Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC, I know you are just the messenger but I assume you are on board with this issue and will take this back to the engineers for a resolution.  If there's something we need to tweek on our iphone, please advise.  Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've provided engineering with the post-release feedback. I'll provide an update when I know more.

JamesC

Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC wrote:

I've provided engineering with the post-release feedback. I'll provide an update when I know more.

JamesC

Thanks JamesC.

Woodyjet
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James
bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

I received an email from Netgear support that an update to the Arlo app, 2.5.1, has been submitted to Apple and should be released soon, hopefully fixing the current issue. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download on the iOS app store that should address this issue. Please make sure to download the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with push to talk.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.1 - 23rd May 2018

JamesC

Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks!  My PTT is working now!

chrdur2745
Guide
Guide
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 15:58:04 -0400
Subject: Re: A reply to a topic you are following has been accepted as a solution!

I can talk in push to talk through my IPhone to the camera, still not very good, but now there is no receiving of messages no transmission back to me. I cannot understand what the person is saying through the camera back to my IPhone. It keeps breaking up.

Please fix this issue now!!!!!!
speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having the same issue as chrdur274 I can push to talk but the audio is so choppy and delayed there is no way you could have any converstation. Before you tap on the mic icon you can hear audio fine. As soon as you tap and hold the mic icon you are heard through the camera, but when you release the mic icon to hear was is being said, the audio is so choppy and delayed you cannot tell what is said. I have deleted and reinstalled the iOS app on 11.3.1 to force the app into reistablishing use of the phones mic and speaker. You are getting closer, but this should work flawlessly as $20 cameras work flawlessly. I have a lot of money invested in this system and other Netgear equipment. Please fix this... Mark

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

On my iPad Pro the app including PTT seems to now be working perfectly. However on the phone there is a distinct delay when pressing the green talk button before it’s active allowing you to speak. And after speaking and releasing the button I immediately hear what I just said before hearing the camera audio whether it’s background sound or someone speaking back to me.  

So so this is mostly fixed but not quite. It’s quite odd that this has worked better on my iPad than on my phone. 

bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

After receiving an email from Netgear support this morning I deleted the app from my phone and then reinstalled it. The same behavior persists. Enable microphone mode, hold the green talk button for a second, there is a delay. Then speak, release the button, my voice comes through the camera, but almost ‘immediately what I just said is played back to me as if it were recorded as I spoke. Loud and clear.  

This does interfere with hearing any spoken response from anyone speaking back to the camera. Interestingly this does not occur on my iPad Pro. Then entire function is normal, no delay when pressing the talk button, no replay of what I just said. For my purposes the app function on my phone is acceptable. However for many this may not be useable.