Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@dhanson99 wrote:
Has anyone gotten a response from Arlo on this? Seems like support folks are responding on every question on the board except the ones where it is crashing everyone’s XS Max. What gives??

Hopefully someone has logged a case with support and is not relying on the community site for resolution for a problem that significant.  I strongly suspect Arlo management only pays attention to formal cases and the resolution of formal cases in the support system.  This forum is primarily for user sharing and commiserating.

TSTARNY
Star
Star
TOTAL NIGHTMARE AND NOBODY CARES. IT IS HAPPENING TO BOTH OF MY IPHONE 256 XS MAXES.
TSTARNY
Star
Star
Yep; completely shuts down
TSTARNY
Star
Star
SHUTS MY PHONES DOWN ENTIRELY
TSTARNY
Star
Star
BIG PROBLEM AND APPLE COULD CARE LESS
TSTARNY
Star
Star
BIG PROBLEM; STILL SHUTS DOWN BOTH PHONES
TSTARNY
Star
Star
SAME DEAL; I HAD 2 6S’S LAST AND NEVER HAPPENED TO EITHER OF THEM BUT THE NEW XS MAX IS GETTING CRUSHED
Craig1983
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. iPhone XS Max keeps crashing and sometimes re boots the iPhone. Expensive camera setup and they don’t even work properly. I better not get burgled while my cameras are off line as that’s the whole purpose I bought these. Get the update sorted or I might just send the whole lot back and buy a system from someone else.
Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you
Thefinga
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s definitely related to iPhone XS Max. My wife’s iPhone X work completely fine. My XS Max just freezes and crashes every time.
Both running iOS 12.1 (newest iOS)
Tehmonkeh
Tutor
Tutor
As a test I updated from 12.1 to 12.1.1 the gold public beta and it works great under the public beta. No issues no freezing smooth sailing.
Lassiiboiii
Tutor
Tutor
Its possible to force quit the program! Just swipe from bottom and up! And wait... (like normal force quiting an app)

But still **bleep**ing annoying! I have my kid on the arlo baby! And now its useless!
TSTARNY
Star
Star
NO, IT POWERS MINE OFF IMMEDIATELY SO THERE ISNT THAT OPTION UNFORTUNATELY. NOT ONLY AM I NOT WATCHING VIDEO BUT NOW MY PHONE IS SHUT DOWN AND HAS TO REBOOT. HORRIBLE!!!!
1shadakat4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Open Google play store... touch the 3 horizontal lines in search bar....go to Settings...there you will find Auto Update apps..touch it and you will be given choices...select "Don't Auto-update apps"

Flin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are they completely out of their mind? How can they not answer to this thread?

Arlo, fix your **bleep**in app!

Users should send this crap back and send a massive **bleep**storm to Arlo via Amazon reviews. 

Flin (angry user from Germany)

Vernell
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo did it again!. After a long of wait getting fixed the last bug where the recorded clip is not playing on new iphones, now there is a new problem on this 2.6.2 problem!. The live feed is not working on my iphone Xs max and it makes my phone and app to crash!..
Macca350
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here on XS Max, wife’s iPhone 8 and our iPads are fine.
Cwg33
Aspirant
Aspirant
Terrible QC. They don’t test on an IOS device? Happens on XS Max, IPad, and X. Away for holidays, and no live camera feed capability.
tmu223
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.

I just bought them today and it starts crashing on my iphone xs max 12.1.

Not only the app crashes but also it freezes my entire phone as the same time for a couple minits. 

Unbelivable, get your software engineers together and get it fixed plz...  

Tehmonkeh
Tutor
Tutor
It appears they have updated to fix an issue that Would appear in the upcoming iOS but it’s broke the older one. Update to the public beta works great

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Jbern78
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried logging in online from my laptop and none of the video feeds show. Everything was fine with the older app.....
ryguy2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem with my iPhone XS Max freezes during live view and makes live view unusable. Will return to Best Buy tomorrow.
ryguy2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same. Crashes app. No way around it.
Thefinga
Aspirant
Aspirant
The iOS 12.1.1 beta fixed it!
Thanks for the heads up!!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.