Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live view freezes iPhone XS Max on Arlo app 2.6.2

Granting
Star
Star
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in the most recent version of the iOS mobile app. Please be sure to update to the latest version available from the app store.

Take a look here form release information: Arlo iOS App - 2.6.3 - 27th November 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

534 REPLIES 534
TSTARNY
Star
Star

The arlo app is causing my IPHONE XS MAX to CRASH. When I am on the app my phone is shutting down. This only happens with ARLO app.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @TSTARNY,

Are you running on the latest iOS 12.1 version on your iPhone XS Max? Also, try to uninstall the app, reboot your iPhone, and reinstall it and see if the issue occurs.

TSTARNY
Star
Star
Hi Jessica,
Yes V12.1 and I followed instructions and still crashing. I have 2 xs maxes and they completely crash every time i wAtch video.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you experiencing the crash whether you are on WiFi or on cellular data?

Granting
Star
Star

I have just installed the latest update on my iPhone Xs and live view freezes the phone. Not good release.

dhanson99
Star
Star
You guys broke the iOS app with the latest update. It was actually working quite well recently, and today with the update (11/21/18) it is non-functional. Trying to view Live feed (and I do regularly) doesn’t work at all anymore and locks up the phone..

Please get this fixed. Worst update ever... your QA folks should be embarrassed.
Legends92
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here. App is no longer usable.
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Working ok for me. iPhone 6, iOS 12.1.
NalaZ
Tutor
Tutor

NalaZ
Tutor
Tutor
Today I just updated the latest Arlo Update on my new Phone. People don’t update. Cannot watch live video feed. Plus when I try it freezes my whole phone!! arlo please fix!!!
elichang
Tutor
Tutor
We are new to the Arlo ecosystem having bought the Arlo baby recently. After set up things were average at best. I had expected the lag after reading reviews, and the lackluster app was serviceable. However we didn’t really put it through the paces until the baby arrived.

After the baby came is when we really needed the monitor to work and it’s been a consistent nightmare. Arlo app crashes non stop. It is not reliable in the least as the video stream immediately freezes and crashes after a few minutes at most. I saw many recently posting about the 2.6.1 update breaking the background audio. This was definitely the case. Browsing the Arlo community forum it seems a workaround was to use apple HomeKit instead of Arlo. This is ridiculous that a company states that their own app is broken and advise to use Apple’s own smart home integration.

We have an iPad and HomeKit with Arlo baby has still been a nightmare. When it works, it works far better than the Arlo app as it has significantly less audio/video lag. The problem is that it’s unreliable as well. Randomly the video feed will shut off and display an error reading “Camera Not Available: The camera is being viewed by someone else”. No one else is viewing the camera. It’s maddening.

Last night/today I saw the Arlo iOS app had an update to v2.6.2. This update has been another nightmare. Oddly and inexplicably now the Arlo app on our iPad seems to be more stable. The stream works relatively well and no longer crashes. However the Arlo app now no longer works on my phone. It immediately crashes and if I’m able to get it to work, the video never streams instead showing an image from hours ago. On top of that now it seems the camera doesn’t work with HomeKit AT ALL. This whole day it’s only shown that same “camera not available” error as mentioned above.

How in the world can a company sell a baby monitor when its core function to monitor is so entirely broken? Reliability and stability are paramount and this device fails on all counts. I’m seriously baffled at the positive reviews for the camera and the iOS app.

I’ve tried the standard troubleshooting with restarting the camera and reinstalling the apps. We have an extremely fast and reliable home network too. Does anyone have any tips? It seems others report problems and they never hear back. This is one of the worst user experiences I’ve ever had. Who can I speak with to get a full refund or assistance?!
dhanson99
Star
Star
Same here. Absolutely useless app now. Update applied today. iPhone XS Max. Crashed phone
dhanson99
Star
Star
iPhone XS Max running iOS 12.1 if it matters. Live feed crashes phone.
NalaZ
Tutor
Tutor
Terrible! Now have to use separate I phone that I haven’t updated. It’s just a IphoneX. I have never really had a problem with arlo. This kinda sucks. To lock up my IPhone like that. Now I have to carry to phones with me. One just for arlo😕. Glad I didn’t update my other phone. Can’t make calls on my X but I can use arlo. One reason I got the XSMax was for bigger screen. Hope they fix it soon.
Legends92
Apprentice
Apprentice
Also iPhone XS Max running iOS 12.1.
Sully165
Guide
Guide
Arlo iOS 2.6.2 is causing issues with my iPhone XS Max. The app freezes and locks up my phone.
BaconHomunculus
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I updated today to 2.6.2 also freezes and locks up the phone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that did not help.

BaconHomunculus
Tutor
Tutor

From looking at posts, the 11/21 updates to iOS (2.6.2) and Andriod (2.6.3) have made the app unusable/frozen. Has anyone come up with a work-around solution until Arlo does something?

I am running iOS 12.1 and have deinstalled the app, reinstalled, restarted, and am trying to download a previous version just to get something up and running. So far no luck. Going to shoot @ArloSmartHome a quick tweet to see if there is anyone out there.

Has anyone out there had success or even had no issues?

tinyvaldemar
Star
Star

iOS 12.1 - Video freezes, app crashes. Reinstalled, rebooted. No luck.

Another thread said that 12.1 solved this. Its not true on my iPhone MAX

tinyvaldemar
Star
Star

NOT true for iOS 12.1 on iPhone XS Max. Video freezes, app crashes and hangs my iPhone. I have tried to reinstall, reboot - no luck.

Latest iOS app

Arlo Pro 2 - all updated

Shaggy79
Initiate
Initiate
Yes gives me the same issues on my xs max, bit works on iphone 5s and ipad pro all on 12.1 ios. App ver 2.6.1 worked on max but 2.6.2 freezes. Uninstalled reinstalled power cycled cleared ram and cache. Nothing works. App works fine until i view a camera then it freezes not only the app but my phone too.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hey, I have an Arlo Pro 2 4 camera setup. My app on the iPhone and iPad is v2.6.2 When I go to live view any of my camera, the app locks up badly. I can hear audio, but there is no picture movement and the app doesn't respond and I have to power cycle the iPhone./iPad Have rebooted the base unit, no affect. I defo know that this is v.26.2, since one of my devices was on 2.6.0 and that was fine until 2.6.2 Bad bug this one... FYI,. iOS is 12.1

Walter7189
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, the same thing is happening to me with my XMax.. lucky that a have an iPad that I can view. But only helps me at home. The whole purpose I got this system is to be able to view away from home. I felt very secure while away from home when alerts would come in I can see what’s going on at my house. Arlo needs to fix this issue ASAP
Walter7189
Tutor
Tutor
I have had Alro for a few weeks now. It was great up until today. With the update the system is now useless. When trying to view a live feed it locks up my iPhone max. Lucky I have an iPad that I can use to view. But, that only helps me at home. The whole purpose I got this system is to be able to view away from home. If Arlo doesn’t fix this I will have to return it and go with another system.