Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
msdeb
Guide
Guide

Lots of times recently when I try to view my camera activity on my phone I have been getting the message, "You are not connected to the Internet. Please check your connection." There is nothing wrong with my connection. Everything but Arlo is connected. What's wrong?

117 REPLIES 117
philhpwd
Tutor
Tutor

Hardware: VMB4000r3

Firmware; 1.16.2.5_3508_62dfaa0

System Version: 2.19 (990)   Released 08Aug20

My "offline" issues started with the release of the new version 2.19.

Please fix Mr Arlo.

msdeb
Guide
Guide

I have Arlo Pro. I agree, "Not very reliable." If Arlo is having a problem, I wish they would let us know via email. Sometimes the "not connected" message stays on for all 3 of my Arlo Pro cameras for quite a while - an hour or so. I need to turn the cameras off when my yard guy is working out there to save the battery life. Can't do it when I am not connected.

msdeb
Guide
Guide

I think Arlo has a problem. They need to recognize this and remedy.

msdeb
Guide
Guide

All 3 of my cameras show the "not connected" message. The 3 green lights on the base station are all on and steady.

msdeb
Guide
Guide

All 3 cameras show "not connected." Base station has all 3 green lights on steady. This is an Android phone, version 5.1.  All is well now, so I cannot give you a snapshot of the message. You should be familiar with it.

msdeb
Guide
Guide
Alpah
Guide
Guide

I agree they should take ownership for this problem. But they won’t even acknowledge it

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Does this issue still occur on the latest version of the Arlo mobile iOS app 2.19.2? Can you update & test again.

Alpah
Guide
Guide

I’ve updated yesterday morning and it worked all day. Then last evening it started again and my cameras were down until this morning.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Alpah

iOS App V2.19.2 was released last night. Can you verify that you have 2.19.2 & test again. 

jjzz23
Guide
Guide
Downloaded 2.19.2
System is currently online, however there is still a long delay when checking “mode”. It says it is getting information and takes up to a minute to display mode. On previous versions the mode display was immediate.
JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor

Under new APP I receive notifications, but devices still offline, which I find interesting; all 3 lights are green. iPhone  6S+ running 13.6.1 & app 2.19.2(993) released 8/24/2020.  On MAC all is well including my audio doorbell, which I had given up on ever attaching to the APP. Hope that helps. JimK; Humanity over Flag

JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor

UPDATE: 11:30am 8/26/2020: just came online including doorbell; will see if lasts

jjzz23
Guide
Guide
iPhone SE 2020 model.
Arlo is offline again. Latest update didn’t fix problem.
msdeb
Guide
Guide

I have version 2.19.1_28150 released 08/19/20. Is that the latest? That's the one I have had since its release.

msdeb
Guide
Guide

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice. I keep getting the one released Aug 19, 2020, 2.19.1_28150, which is the one I had before uninstalling. Does the Google store not yet have the app you said was released last night?

TaK86
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the past few weeks my Arlo Pro 2 (3 cameras) has been losing connection. Every time I try and check my cameras they all say no connection, then randomly they will work then stop working. I’ve had the system for about 15 months and have been pleased with it until recently. I’ve already shut off the system and the power to the router but nothing seems to work.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using iOS/iphones ?

seems there may be some bugs in latest version ( soon to be replaced )

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/quot-Your-device-is-not-connected-quot-error-on-Arlo-iOS-ap...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TaK86
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I am using an iPhone. It is possible that this started when I did the latest iPhone update. Do you know if this will be fixed on Arlo’s end or apples??
jjzz23
Guide
Guide
08/31/20. Arlo is offline again.
Still waiting for a fix to this problem. I spent way too much money on this system to let stay silent.
WilkesJNR
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Base Station shows as being offline in the app intermittently, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t and sometimes it just seems to wake up and connect when I'm in the app.

It’s wired in to my router via an Ethernet cable and all 3 lights are green showing that it is connected to the network.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and/or has any suggestions to fix it? I’ve already restarted the base station and removed and reconnected the base station via the app.

Ps. I get the same issue when accessing via the webpage as I do in the app.

Thanks.

CP312
Guide
Guide

So my cameras have worked great for about a month. Now all say to check internet connection and under the “mode” page, it says the hub is “offline”. I did activate and deactivate all off the during the day on Saturday but otherwise let them work at night per normal. Though I’m not sure they’ve actually worked since then. I attempted to activate all devices again but it just spins and never seems to do anything. It should be noted that the blue light is on as far as the hub goes, indicating it has internet. I’ve reset and power cycled it with the same result.

farsrr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue plus “getting Information” on the mode screen. Been having this issue for a week or so. Worked great for a year now I don’t trust they are working.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you force closed the app and reopened as well as tried the web client?

CP312
Guide
Guide
Yes. It just says it’s offline when it comes back up. It seems I need to arm all devices but the button doesn’t do anything. I think when I disarmed it over the weekend it caused this issue for some reason.