Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Internet Connection Problems

Discussion stats
msdeb
Guide
Guide

Lots of times recently when I try to view my camera activity on my phone I have been getting the message, "You are not connected to the Internet. Please check your connection." There is nothing wrong with my connection. Everything but Arlo is connected. What's wrong?

117 REPLIES 117
Alpah
Guide
Guide

I’ve had the same issues since purchasing about a month ago. I was instructed to update app to version 2.19.2. When I went to App Store it didn’t show any updates so I deleted and reinstalled app which then showed the new version. Since I updated my system works 99% of the time.

farsrr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just checked version. It is 2.19.2. Still having same problem. “Getting Information”. If I click on camera feed to show live image and then go back to mode screen it sometimes will revert back to normal “disarmed” screen. Otherwise it is stuck in Getting Information.
Alpah
Guide
Guide

Have you tried unplugging base station so it resets itself, sometimes that will work. The only other thing I could think of is to do a factory reset by using a pin to press the reset button on back of base station. This will revert to factory settings, then you will have to reinstall everything and resync the cameras. Good luck.

WilkesJNR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update ... I also submitted this question via a case to their tech support. They recommended removing all devices, hard resetting the base station via the manual button in the back and re setting the system up. I’ve done this and it’s been working fine since about 3pm. I’ll keep you posted if they go offline again.

Ps. I’m convinced it’s a software issue as it’s in been happing for the last week or so and I still get notifications of motion and video in my library even though I can’t live view and it says offline!
Alpah
Guide
Guide

I agree it’s a software  issue. Their costumer support Is not very good, they take forever to reply and don’t acknowledge that there is a problem.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

philhpwd
Tutor
Tutor

I have downloaded the version 2.19.2 app (iPhone SE 2020 version) and it seems to have fixed the intermittent "offline" problem. Will give it some more time and report if there are any further issues.

Cheers.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

CP312
Guide
Guide
Unfortunately I already tried everything listed there. I also just sat on hold for over an hour and was never able to speak to anyone. I’m open to any suggestions you have as I’m not thrilled my cameras are now paperweights after a month and a half.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it intermittently offline, or permanently offline?

CP312
Guide
Guide
It’s has been offline for days and nothing I do will bring it online.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you perform a factory reset? It appears you reset it then able to onboard the base back to your account but it appears offline? Is that correct?

CP312
Guide
Guide
No I haven’t fine a factory reset. I just held the reset button for 10 seconds and also removed the power cord to power cycle it. It powers back up and the blue light comes in indicating it has internet but everything is still offline. When I click the activate all devices button it just spins as if it is loading but never does anything.
JonesDk
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem with the arlo app.
Camera works in HomeKit
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
CP312
Guide
Guide
I’m not familiar with HomeKit
CP312
Guide
Guide
I did do that though it didn’t remove it from my app. It just turned off and on again. Will that cause me to have to sync all of my cameras again?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Yes, this is a factory reset & you will need to install the base & cameras once again. 

If it successfully reset, you will need to onboard through the app or web portal again. 

CP312
Guide
Guide
Any idea why this would happen? Not something I want to do monthly.
WilkesJNR
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, following my last post the cameras stayed online for approximately 24hrs and are now offline again. It has to be a software issue as I still get notifications for motion and the library is storing clips.

I'll update my case with the tech team and report any feedback.

ps. it seems I've got the most up to date app but I'll delete it and reinstall for the sake of it.

JonesDk
Tutor
Tutor
It’s a problem in the Arlo app.

I have updated my iPhone arlo app, and the camreas are offline.

My ipad with the old version of arlo app the cameras are online and no problem.
JonesDk
Tutor
Tutor
Problem Solved

Go to:
* Settings
* * * Login Settings
* * * * Two-Step Verification
Update, and the carmaras are back online.
CP312
Guide
Guide
So I basically just set up 2 step verification? I added the SMS code but nothing has changed.
eh767
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have ARLO VMB4000r3.  App is telling me my base station and cameras are  offline. Then finally after 5 minutes or so of waiting they suddenly appear to be connected.  I thought maybe was router issues, but now think its Arlo.  Also camera notifications are not syncing: after viewing a recording, the app still shows it as new.  Latest update was wonked out IMO

motomax
Apprentice
Apprentice
It’s definitely a problem on Arlo’s side.
Ive had intermittent offline issues with my Arlo pros and my Arlo Qs. Motion detection Notifications and recording still work But the app shows the cameras offline. The cameras will still load through Apple home kit. Sometimes cycling through the different tabs in the app will allow the cameras to come back “online”.

Arlo support stopped responding to my support ticket so I don’t have any solutions yet.