Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Apprentice

Re: Arlo Pro 2 every night changes time zone

Also pursuing my Better Business Bureau complaint to the fullest! 

Bye people, and good luck!

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 901 of 989
Virtuoso

😊 thumbs up to you
Message 902 of 989
Aspirant

I’m have the same issue. Can someone please help me. I have removed the base station and all the devices. I have turn off the base station and add the Ethernet cable first then the power. The base station has two solid green lights (1 power & 1 internet) When I try to select the base station on the App it times out and states device not found. What do I need to do?
Message 903 of 989
Mentor

It possible that the base has already been added, have you tried adding the cameras instead.
Message 904 of 989
Aspirant

Arlo VMB4000

I have the Arlo VMB4000 with (2) cameras in my shop and recently it started going offline.  I performed all the standard procedures (disconnected, waited rebooted) etc. could not get to go back online.  Finally after working with it for hrs., I uninstalled everything and reinstalled.  That helped for maybe 2 weeks and it is now doing the same thing again.  It is very frustating since I can not be in the shop everyday, but would like to see what is going on there.  The internet is working fine and has consistently worked well.  It's the arlo and it is problematic to say the least. 

Any suggestion before I toss the unit into the nearest dump?

Thanks

Message 905 of 989
Aspirant

Base Station is Constantly Offline

Both through the App and through a computer all of my three cameras are not usevale as they all have the message "your base station is offline"

I got so frustrated with the whole system that I removed the base station that came with the Pro 2 cameras and installed the old base station that cam with my original Pro cameras.  Alas that only worked for a matter of days and i am back to "your base station is offline.

I have tried everything that has been suggested and went as far as removing everything from the app and starting all over again, only now to find another even more annoying problem.  When i follow the set up protocols through the app, I am not even able to "find/set up" the base station(s).  How can this be?

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
Message 906 of 989
Apprentice

There’s nothing to do. Arlo can’t fix their problem. You need to demand a refund. This is not a security camera. False advertising
Message 907 of 989
Apprentice

Don’t waste your time like I and many others have
Message 908 of 989
Aspirant

Re: Arlo Base Station keeps going offline

I got the Arlo base station with 5 cameras and every week or so, suddenly it the base station is "Offline" and of the 5 times so far, 3 times all 3 lights on the base station was solid green.  This morning I noticed it was offline, as I got a motion alert but no recording, I tried refreshing the Arlo App and it was taking long time, so checked the base station and the center light was off (internet). I power cycled the base station and it is back but now I don't have the recording of the motion sensed early this morning.

Arlo team, please fix this issue ASAP!  Having to notice that base station is offline only after getting Alert of Motion sensed is not good and then not recording as well!  Definitely nothing with to do with Internet Access as my Netgear Router to which the Arlo base station is connected is working well and my internet access was good and never went down.

Message 909 of 989

Re: Base Station is Constantly Offline

What finally worked for me was based on advice from another frustrated user. It was this simple (for me): Stop using the Default Mode "Armed". In your app, go to Mode, choose your base station and "Add a Mode". Then, create an identical Mode for the activation of all your cameras. It appears as a custom Mode, but all the settings I used were identical to the original default Armed mode. Once I took a few minutes to do this, everything started to work for me again. I did also remove my USB drive. I haven't tried to use that again to check the results. Give it a shot, good luck.

Message 910 of 989
Aspirant

Meat puppet,

I wish I could even do that. I have ZERO ability to even change the mode as everything is “off line”. I welcome any other suggestions on how to not only get the base station back “online” but failing that how to “discover” my base station if I start all over again, because as I stated I can’t even do that!
Message 911 of 989
Apprentice

Pretty pathetic Arlo uses its customers as beta testers to fix their faulty software updates. Their engineering team is clearly in over their heads. If you can, I would bail.
Message 912 of 989

Base station offline but still getting notifications

I am currently away from our house and now our base station says it’s offline but I have gotten notifications for activity and sound. Any ideas on how I can see the recordings or somehow reset the base even though it says it’s offline.
Message 913 of 989
Star

Re: Arlo Wire Free - Firmware Update 1.3.319

Here we go again... yesterday my hub dropped offline and remained so until I got home from work and did a hard restart. It came back up but only two of my four cameras came back on line. One had been off anyway as the batteries had gone (legitimately) but the other was a surprise. I'd assumed it was the usual story of the camera wiping out its battery by churning away and trying to reconnect to the absent hub yesterday so I changed the battery in it this morning and headed off to work.

Checking it again from the office, it's still not connecting. I've tried multiple times to restart the hub and no use - it just won't pick up the camera with the new batteries in.

It's getting past a joke. How flaky have these things got in the last couple of months? And still no sign of any resolution or even a proper acknowledgement of the problem from Arlo. Not good enough.

I'd previously recommended Arlo cameras to a colleague and he told me last week he was about to buy them on Prime Day as they were half price. I told him it now wasn't worth the money so he's looking elsewhere.

Message 914 of 989
Aspirant

Hi 

After the firmware deployment, my system is stable again and from the deployment until now I have not experienced any downtime. 

I have seen a few issues with playback, but this must be the iPhone app, as the web site works. I presume arlo is looking into that.

Arlo, Thanks for the effort to fix the instability and time zone  issues.. However I find that you really should focus on testing your firmware and server side systems properly, before releasing new updates in general deployment, if you expect arlo products to be relevant as a security control. And please prioritise  on actively communicating with the community. Silence or ignoring users comments and respects it not something that dampens frustrations.

Br Thomas

Message 915 of 989
Arlo Moderator

The engineering team is investigating these reports and working on a fix. For those experiencing this issue, do you have local storage enabled or disabled?

Message 916 of 989
Tutor

Re: Arlo VMB4000

I don't have the problem (it only happened once to me) of my base station going offline unless my internet goes down. The problem I'm having is my cameras aren't picking up all the motion it should be picking up and that's really making me mad! I'm ready to throw my cameras away also....but what else is out there that might work better?

Message 917 of 989
Apprentice

I would bet you a $100 your system is going offline and that’s why you aren’t getting the expected recordings and you just don’t realize it
Message 918 of 989
Mentor

My base station will regularly go offline twice a day, usually about the same time. The time zone remains unchanged after it returns.

If I have the backup USB installed the severity of the outage is worse with longer outage times of an hour or longer. Cameras usually require resync after.

If the USB devices are removed the offline duration is much shorter, less than half an hour and cameras return normally.

While the base is offline all recordings are missed to the cloud but they are recorded to the USB if installed.

I can tell if the base station has previously locked up by using the base station restart option on the App, logging out and back in to find that the restart function has not actually restarted the base station. That is, the base is not saying it is busy being offline during the restart process because it has ignored the restart command.

I can prevent the offline events if I power cycle or restart the base station prior to the usual time the outage occur after disabling the USB recording option first. Then re-enabling again after the base has been reset. Doing this process maintains the USB feature while waiting for the arlo fix.

For me a further side effect of the base lockups is that the siren hardware stops working, the App display says it is activated but no noise either manually or by triggered event.
Message 919 of 989
Aspirant

I do have a 32GB USB stick installed
Message 920 of 989
Aspirant

Arlo Pro Base Offline Temporarily for Hours

My Arlo Pro base station goes offline between 10 mins to hours before connecting back to the internet.  Only power and camera lights are green, with no light in the middle LED Internet connection status during the outage.  I have tried resetting the modem, changing the LAN wires, and resetting the base station, but the problem still persists.  It is not the modem or ISP, as I have a gig bandwidth and this problem started recently.  Is there an update available to correct this or is this a hardware problem?  I am concerned if the cameras are out temporarily when something occurs, rendering the whole point of a security camera pointless.

Model: VMB3500 | Arlo Base Station
Message 921 of 989
Aspirant

The base station goes offline

Hy! For 6 months the Arlo base station and cameras worked ok but suddently the base station appears to be offline. I gave it a restart and a reset. It worked for a few minutes, i was able to register it on the application and to do the setting but a few minutes after that it was offline again. When it appears offline there are no light on, none. Why goes offline like this and why the green light is off even when the base station is connected to the internet and charge. I restarted it many time and is the same every time. Please help!
Message 922 of 989
Mentor

Re: The base station goes offline

If you have a USB backup device installed in the base station then try removing it and then power cycle the base again to see if the base returns to normal. You will likely have to resync the camera’s again if they don’t automatically reconnect within 10 minutes.

If the above works then suggest you monitor the base for a day or so before reinstalling the USB backup device. Then if it goes offline again within a day or two then run without the USB backup device until arlo fixes the issue.
Message 923 of 989
Aspirant

I have a wire connection with the base station. I never used the Usb
Message 924 of 989
Mentor

Your base station may be faulty so suggest you contact arlo support for advice.

Look to the support link at the bottom of the forum page. Follow the link to obtain additional support from their website.
Message 925 of 989