Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station keeps resetting itself and going offline intermittently

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware was released addressing this issue that should improve system stability for users with VMB4000 base stations.

Please make sure your base station is up to date with the latest firmware and take a look at the release notes here: Arlo Base Station VMB4000 - 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a - 1st September 2019

JamesC

(marking solved to float this answer to the top of the thread, please let us know here if you still have issues)

comlab
Guide
Guide
So is it safe to plug in the usb stick for local recording again?
stu13
Tutor
Tutor

My base station goes "offline" daily. When I am trying to access via internet or app, I get error message telling me system is offline. Despite base station having 3 solid green lights. I have to reboot base station almost daily.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

About when did this problem begin?

supapow
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this same issue with the same base station.  Tried hard reset and nothing happened.  Any suggestions?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@supapow wrote:

I have this same issue with the same base station.  Tried hard reset and nothing happened.  Any suggestions?

Literally nothing?  No LEDs flashing, etc?

Probably you should try support. https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am interested in feedback from the many users who have been suffering with me through the random offline issues and if the most recent firmware update has helped.  So far, maybe it is wishful thinking, it seems to have for me. But it has only been 2 days.  I also still do not have the USB connected. Not sure if it is safe to add that back?  Interested in any helpful feedback from forum members. Would be great if this is fixed (and nothing else broke!)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

comlab, NickDi

You should be able to re-enable local storage. Please let me know if you experiencing any issues after doing so.

Thanks,
JamesC

stu13
Tutor
Tutor

at least about 90 days ago.  just got home.  have to reboot base station.

Muchkin
Star
Star

I believe the latest firmware update 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a may have finally fixed the offline issues!  Ever since that update, I have not noticed my base station going offline.  I also plugged my local storage usb drive back in and so far, so good!  Fingers crossed!

Now the only issue I've noticed is if I want to see the live view of my cameras from my computer using either Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer, it tells me I have to update Flash.  I let it update, and it still doesn't work.  This is only affecting my live view.  Watching my saved footage is fine.  Sigh!  I really hope they fix that soon now as well!

RB321
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the same issue, its not to do with the software, but it is the Flash Player extension at fault. I use Firefox too, I needed to go to the settings just to the left of the web address bar where there is an exclamation mark etc and allow the site to run flash player, that fixed it. I had revision blah blah 32 of Flash Player loaded, but until I allowed it to run I got the flashp player update error

Muchkin
Star
Star

Thank you, RB321.  Enabling Flash worked.  I can see my live view again.

Shat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here is my story. VMB4000 has been perfectly working with 4 cameras and doorbell about 7 months. Couple weeks ago base started to fall offline. Restarts, resets and router reboots we’re helping temporarily. Assigned IP and port forwarding made the connection stable for about 5 days. I’m not sure what has triggered another failure but now all measures do not help at all. Resets, reboots, dns, difference setting on a router, nothing helps. Internet LED is not blinking, router can’t ping the base. Cable is good, ports are good. Internet connection is fast and up. How it can be resolved? What else can be done to maintain a connection to the internet?
comlab
Guide
Guide

Hi all

My Arlo Pro 2 Base station VMB4000r3 also recived update 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a, I have now enabled USB recording again, let's see. In the meantime I had to reset my entire system due to a problem of corrupt modes configuration. Arlo Support was not very helpful at all, what happend: I modifed some of my modes with the WebGui, but the changes never arrived properly at Arlo server, so when I checked the modes on the Arlo App they where not there, I also was no longer able to delete or modfy any modes, not on the app not on the web. Only option was to reset the base and start from scratch... 
Last night I also installed the new Arlo App, the one without Netgear branding anymore, anyway I use geofencing, home mode is scheudle, away mode is armed. The Schedule mode has 4 diffrent plans, all working fine (besdie the push notifcation settings which is broken too, some mode alert, some modes not). On the Web i see allways in what mode the System is when I'm at home, on the App It picks random mode in the preview, so that's broken too... But hey, since I'm using Alro one or the other setting or feature never worked properly, as long the disconnects are fixed 🙂 Cheers...

ULtiMat3DruMa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive been doing some testing here and the issue appears to be that at 10pm or there abouts every day my camera stop working. what I mean by that is the base is ONLINE and working ie i can get to in or the app or online through a web browser but the camera says offline. The base unit itself is flashing red. IF i restart the base this doesnt change the red flashing light. HOWEVER if I turn OFF my HIVE thermostat base unit and  then restart my arlo base unit - the base unit restarts and the light turns solid blue the camera then come back online - I do not need to touch the cameras themselves.

This is easily replicatable EVERYDAY without fail I've tried it every day for 2 weeks. I simply cannot believe that no none else has this issue or that hasn't figured this out before HIVE systems are very common I simply have a hive base unit, programmer receiver connected to my boiler - a wireless thermostat and a couple of smart bulbs in my set up

For further clarity my hive unit and arlo are on the same subnet and local network BUT I have tried this instead with the systems isolated from each other, the issue remains ie this is not a network problem - the problem is the hive interferes witrh the arlo is some way wirelessly.  

I would ask that everyone who has a hive system to do this test as well. becuase clearly there is an issue with arlo base units at this time.

stu13
Tutor
Tutor

thanx to everyone trying to help...still having the problem of system (base station and/or cameras) going offline daily.  flash player is on.  doesn't matter if i am viewing thru app or computer (macbook).  not sure about software version - how do I check it on computer and know what is latest version i should have?  is that really the problem if it is not working in app as well.  i use droid version of app - samsung edge.  and i sue apple version on iPad.  you "guys" all sound way smarter than me...

stu13
Tutor
Tutor

ok.  figured out i have firmware version 1.12.2.4_2772 for my hardware version VMB3010R2.  guessing my firmware needs updating.  not sure how to do this from computer access.  there is nothing telling me i have most current version.  no is there a software update feature. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stu13 wrote:

there is nothing telling me i have most current version.  no is there a software update feature. 

For better or worse, that is by design.  The system will tell you if there is a new update (and usually will automatically install it).  If it does it on it's own there is no notification.

Personally I'd at least like notifications.

@stu13 wrote:

ok.  figured out i have firmware version 1.12.2.4_2772 for my hardware version VMB3010R2.  

@JamesC posts firmware versions here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes  

It looks like your firmware is current.