Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AC power has been disconnected. Activity zones are currently disabled. What is this?

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Gem435
Star
Star

For about a week I've had this alert. On main and on guest. What is this about because system seems to be working and nothing was done to it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gem435
Star
Star
Check your activity zone settings, we disabled ours and message disappeared.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Gem435,

If you have any activity zones set on your Arlo camera, it's letting you know that your activity zones is disabled until you connect your camera to AC power.

Gem435
Star
Star
Disabled activity zones, took alert off.
Vatdan
Initiate
Initiate

I have the message on my phone. I don't understand your reply. Please explain in more detail. We hooked it up outside. The next day we received this message. We pugged it in to the USB and to the electrical plug. After 24 hrs we hooked it back outside. We r still getting the same mesaage

Gem435
Star
Star
Check your activity zone settings, we disabled ours and message disappeared.
Gem435
Star
Star
Did you disable your activity zones?
fabricioavil
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have 6 "Arlo Pro 2 cameras", from around 2 months ago 1 camera started daily (or even more than once per day) showing a yellow alert mark on the right bottom corner of the preview card, when I click on it, it says:

Create Activity Zones and get notified when activity happens within a defined space.

button 1: CREATE ACTIVITY ZONES

button 2: Not now

then when I click on Create Activity Zones, my zones are there, then I change them a bit so the SAVE button will get avaiable, I save the zones and the mentioned alert dissapear, but after no more than some hours, this alert comes back.

And in the last 2 or 3 weeks, a second camera start doing exactly the same.

Any idea of what can be the solution?

Thank you!

Vatdan
Initiate
Initiate

thanks for the help, but everyone keeps saying disable zones, in my profile I don't see anything that says zones. even Arlo sent me a link.. am I looking in the wrong spot?

Gem435
Star
Star
On each camera click device settting... 7 item down is activity zones. If its enabled click disable
cmcsmj
Initiate
Initiate

We just installed these cameras today and I have the same message.  But I want to enable the activity zones because one camera gets the street.  I get a warning of activity about every 2 minutes.  I want the activity zone to work so I can get the alert just when someone comes in the driveway.  So does that camera need to connected to AC power?  If so, that defeats the whole purpose of wireless cameras.  Does anyone have any ideas?  

Gem435
Star
Star
Yes, the only other way to get rid of message is to connect to power. And the only other way is not to use activity zone. I know its frustrating can you point the camera more on the driveway? Arlo really needs to fix this issue. Why have some feature and not be able to use.
Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
If you pay for a smart subscription then it will allow activity zones with just battery power..
Gem435
Star
Star
Did not know that, how much is the subscription?
Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
I pay 2.99 a month for one camera but I think there is a $10 a month for 10 cameras and maybe one higher than that
Gem435
Star
Star
What other features are there?
Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
Gem435
Star
Star
Thanks, may have to consider that.
Discussion stats