Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station keeps resetting itself and going offline intermittently

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware was released addressing this issue that should improve system stability for users with VMB4000 base stations.

Please make sure your base station is up to date with the latest firmware and take a look at the release notes here: Arlo Base Station VMB4000 - 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a - 1st September 2019

JamesC

(marking solved to float this answer to the top of the thread, please let us know here if you still have issues)

View solution in original post

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Just checked back looks like it happens around 9pm uk time, also missing lots of recordings after time changes started on 19th was there a base update issued then?

linda185
Star
Star

I have the same problem. I am in the Netherlands. My time zone changes to Pacific and the cameras seem to be recording, orange icon, but nothing in the library. It starts working again after I restart the base station and set the time zone back to Amsterdam. 

It happens multiple times a day...

linda185
Star
Star

I talked to a two Arlo agents and they just talk bull**bleep**. Saying I installed it in the US and while now being in the Netherlands causes the problem. First of I did not do that. Second why do I have this problem now after 5 months. Not right away? 

And where did you install it? At the same place as where you are using it now?

linda185
Star
Star
My system is acting up the way I have seen in other posts lately: the time zone is changing by itself causing the system to not save anything to the library anymore. In my case it seems to be recording: orange sign, getting notification, but there is nothing in the library until I reset the time zone and restart. My base station also loses internet. Tried everything but nothing helped. I tried the chat twice, that sucks btw, keep getting disconnected, but they said I should reset my whole system because I installed the app in the US instead of my own country. The system I operating for about five months now, so if that were the reason it would have occurred right away.. Arlo customer service is not that good.
Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Reset my base station earlier and also the camera turned on and of, but still only 2 cameras out of the 4 are recording.

it seems every time Arlo do software changes they bugger them up like before when IPad Pro could not open live feeds.

mine are only few mo this old so getting to stage where I may return the whole system £1200 worth and buy some others.

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice
Why does my time zones switch automatically. I have it set to Eastern Canada US and then within 24 hours it changes by itself to Pacific Canada US. I go to the base unit to set the time. Any thoughts?
linda185
Star
Star

Do you have loss of recording and or adding to your library?

I am dealing with it too. It started with recordings not going to my library to not even recording anymore and now losing internet connectivity. 

It all started with the time zone change. 

Arlo has to recognize that there is a big problem...

NoveltyPatches
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem...
After about 20 hours or so. The base station switches to pacific time and I have to go into and change it and it does it again.. what’s the deal Arlo..
This is the same base station that constantly goes offline
Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Just checking again and only recording first two camera in my 4 camera set up, so definitely another Arlo update **bleep** up I reckon !

edwinsim
Tutor
Tutor
After updating to the latest firmware 1.092.0.19_26228 and 1.12.0.1_27940, my timezone keeps reverting to Pacific Time (US & Canada). I need to constantly change it to my timezone in Singapore. Please advise. Thanks.
Downunda
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the same problem and the result for me was that no recordings were being transferred to the library. Once I set the correct time zone all was ok.  I suspected that a firmware update was perhaps doen.  How would one know?

Downunda
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've had it happen once to me the other day, the result was that no recordings were being passed to the library (recordings to the USB drive were ok). I had to reset the time zone and it worked fine immediately after.

I reckon they did a software update to the basestation but how would I know for sure?

The last thing one wants to do is to do a basestation reset/reinstall as it means a lot of work, particularly if your cameras are installed in high external locations like mine are.

Some people are happy to tell you to reinstall without understanding how much work can be invoilved to set the system up again... for me that's a last resort!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

Are you still having this problem where your time zone is changing all the time after power cycling your Base Station? 

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

No the time zone issue has rectified itself now, but since that issue for two days it was only recording the first two cameras, now it is recording the first three on my list and not the fourth.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Sussexdude1,

Try using the motion detection test to see if your Arlo camera can detect motion. You can read here on how to use this test: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

i carried out the motion test now at night and it detected every slight movement mate, currently set at 80% but still not recording, this is the 4th camera on my list.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

I called Tech support today and spoke with Jessy, and if you want my honest opinion i was impressed.

He took his time and ran thru my set up checked firmware etc tehn we set about trying to remidy the issue.

I did have to remove the camera with a ladder to do this but the whole time he waited patiently on the phone.

After removing the battery restting the camera etc it now seems to be working fine, so i will monitor it over the next few day !!

If you get stuck see if Jessy is working

Morrelli
Tutor
Tutor
I must say this system for the money is plagued with constant issues. Not trying to be too negative, but you guys really need to step up your game. “ cute” plastic does not win the end game. I would recommend anyone looking for security that is actually secure should look at other systems, particularly hard wired systems with a good track record. Search forums like this for the different types of equipment out there and ignore the paid for false positive reviews online, particularly with amazon links to the products. This way you will see, as I have in this instance, the lack of acceptable support to the consumer in exchange for buying products that support these very peoples livelihood. Wouldn’t it be nice if someone could give you 3-400 dollars and even more so you could just go to work and ignore them? I think it’s terribly wrong and quite unfair to the consumer., you and I.
FoxRaynard
Star
Star

I'm having the same problem. It happen twice yesterday and again today. Waiting for it to happen again and I will raise a support case.

I'm pretty sure it's a firmware update reseting timezone back to default, US Pacific Time

What I did notice about videos missing from the library is that sometimes they are actually there, just not where you expect.

Try looking for 9 hours earlier than you were expecting, recordings happening at 9AM this morning are timestamped at 1 AM :S

Dannybear
Master
Master
Sounds to me that they never figured out what was causing the time zone shift with the last firmware update they tried and had to recall.
Oh well back to the old version again.
linda185
Star
Star

Well, the problem is not solved here either. Besides the time zone change, my base station has decided to go offline every couple of hours and some of my cameras just won’t record. 

Arlo customer service is no help either till now. 

There must be something that causes these problems?!

Erock218
Guide
Guide
I know I'm still having that issue it happened once today and once yesterday. This is causing my recordings to mess up. How can you spend so much money in something and not have good support in someone who can help you assist in fixing an issue.
Sussexdude1
Star
Star
Mine seemed fine for a while then about 1 hour ago stopped recording again so checked time, yet again changed by Arlo causing my system to stop recording!
Does this mean as it is Arlo causing the cameras to fail if we have an incident and we should have been protected we can claim of Arlo? As they are the ones who can not put a simple fix in their updates to keep existing time zone settings?
Dannybear
Master
Master
Well I was immune to the previous base firmware update that got recalled, I had no time zone flipping.

Today I was away from home with the system armed and later lost access to the base station using the app.

I had remote access to the base but no cameras, just busy icons on all. Performed a restart of the base and no improvement trying to access cameras.

During the outage I had parcels delivered and visitors to the front door with no notifications or recordings.

While I was still away, four hours later I started getting notifications again and observed the cameras were back online with recordings.

The time code of the recordings were out because the base time zone was defaulted to pacific.

Bring back the old firmware. I don’t care for the added beta functions if the rest of the system is dead.