Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Aspirant

Base Stations Off Line. Power LED Green, Internet LED green (blinking intermittently), Camera Amber

VMB 3500. Base stations off line!

Totally frustrated and ready to throw the whole system out the window.  

Currently ....

Power LED Green, Internet LED green (blinking intermittently), Camera LED Solid Amber.

I have reset, added a new device ( base station) & did a factory reset.  NOTHING WORKS!!

Please help!

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
Message 876 of 987
Apprentice

Re: Arlo Pro 2 every night changes time zone

When will you guys ever get it together, I'm guessing never. Back in May (2019) you sent out a firmware update to our hubs and right after that we started experiencing the Pacific time zone reset randomly, and immeaditly begged for a fix, which we finally got some many weeks later, but now, since that fix, the hub has been randomly going off line for about half an hour amlost every day if not several times a day...! CAN YOUR TECH"S JUST FIX THE ONE BUG WITHOUT CREATING OTHERS...? Early last year it was the same thing, the zones on the cameras broke and then that got fixed, but then, the clips would artifact and stutter, then that was fixed, but again, they then stopped uploading the clips for almost a month...! 

PLEASE FIX THIS HUB RESET BUG...! 

You make a decent product that people come to depend upon to protect themselves as well as loved ones and their possessions, but your seemingly lack of response to the community, and use of us as guinea pigs by putting out updates to the hardware that frequently cause it to repair one thing while breaking another, then taking what seems like an eternity to fix it while constantly expounding the same, oh, just unplug, or remove, or reboot it crap, is beyond fustrating. You people really need to step up the reliability factor of your fix's if you want to keep your customers.

Arlo HUB: VMB4000r3  Cameras: Arlo H7 - Arlo Pro H8 - Arlo Pro2 H3

Message 877 of 987
Guide

Re: Base Stations Off Line. Power LED Green, Internet LED green (blinking intermittently), Camera A

Same issue, appears to be systemic and no progress, still out.

Message 878 of 987
Guide

Re: Base station Is offline message - VMB4000

Thought I would add my voice, but I despair that Arlo (Netgear) will ever address the problem. Contacting support is hit or miss and their e-mail form doesn't work and their chat staff don't seem to care about the support page error (which says to report it to them...)

Anyway, similar to many of the symptoms in this thread my basestation stops responding about twice a week. It appears to be coincidental with the door bell being pressed and/or mutliple motion detection events. I do have a USB memory stick for local recordings, but I will remove this based on the above comments when I get home.

Note that I say the base station becomes *unresponsive* but not offline as the LEDs remain green and there is some traffic. "ping" seems to continue to work from a local system. BUT if I then power off the base station then the view in the web interface immediately shows "your arlo device is offline" etc. which tell me that some heartbeat has then stopped.

Power cycle fixes things (after a very very slow restart) for the next few days.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Message 879 of 987
Initiate

Turns out it looks like the last firmware update caused an intermittent connection to the cameras. After replacing the batteries they had to be joined to the base station. It's been okay for a day now. Will update if that changes

Message 880 of 987
Aspirant

Re: Device off-line Arlo

This is total *, I've also been having this problem since late June, every week or so the base station goes down, then when you reboot it it can't find any cameras and you have to manually add all of them in again.  Netgear needs to get this fixed ASAP.

To answer the mostly irrelevant questions of the mod:

Cameras are H11 Firmware 1.3.319 Original arlo HDs

Base station is Version VMB3010r2 Firmware 1.12.2.4_2772

Message 881 of 987
Aspirant

Re: Base Stations Off Line. Power LED Green, Internet LED green (blinking intermittently), Camera A

My base station goes offline every 2-3 weeks.  This whole Arlo thing is a piece of crap and I would never recommend it.

Message 882 of 987
Aspirant

Re: My arlo system is unreliable junk

I hear ya!  Arlo is a piece of *.  I would never recommend it to anyone.

Message 883 of 987
Aspirant

Base station Is offline message - VMB4000

got greenon power and iternet but will not register 

Message 884 of 987
Initiate

No recordings for hours VMB3010r2

Cameras aren't recording over night - usually around midnight to about 5am.. Daytime they seem to work for the most part.  2 Camera set up; base light will flicker at times. 

Have tried power cycling the base unit. Have tried removing the cameras and resyncing. 

Tried adjusting settings and setting a schedule vs. default armed. All have only yielded a day or 2 before no longer recording over night. Looking at these forums, it maybe firmware or bad hardware/base.

Have had this system 11 months to the day.. 

How do I get this serviced/replaced/repaired?

Base:

HW Version VMB3010r2
Firmware 1.12.2.4_2772

Cameras:

HW Version H11
Firmware 1.3.319

Message 885 of 987
Initiate

VMB3000 Wireless base station can not connect to cameras

Tired of the base station and cameras having so many problems connecting.  This is a freaking security system!!!!  Not a toy.  Fix your **** software Arlo!!!   As of this week, I can no longer get any of my 4 cameras to connect to the base station.  If I go to the location, reset the base station, reset each camera, it will connect.  for maybe 4 hours.  then, poof.  "Getting Status" message.   Tried every other trick in the book.  Done.  time to find a more reliable camera security system.  Good bye Arlo.  

Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 886 of 987

Re: No recordings for hours VMB3010r2

Despite never having to do so until this started I set the scheduled record time from 12am to 11:59pm seems to work for now. I noticed this about a week ago from midnight to 6am no recordings figured something wasn't right seeing how it would normally pick up any animals walking past yet had nothing. you know that time of night when you really need to have a reliable system and again Arlo fails. Thanks for the post it confirms what I thought was happening my wife thought I was just imagining this problem lol. Good luck
Message 887 of 987
Guide

An update.

There was no internet light on my base at all, completely no internet connection at all for 24 hrs on 14 July.  Reset Base and Telstra nbn router and Started to get intermittent connection on and off, an hour later or so later and everythings back to normal and stable.  Read somewhere it could be an ISP issue, they block access to cameras, waiting on a case manager to call me to determine if this was so.

Went from cable to nbn a month ago no issues until this one.

Message 888 of 987
Apprentice

I exchanged mine under the Best Buy extended warranty yesterday. The brand new one acts exactly the same as the old. Goes offline for hours at a time throughout the day and night. After filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, they called and agreed to give me a full refund after I refused to be shipped out a new base station . Defective product and falsely advertising their cameras as “security “ cams!
Message 889 of 987
Initiate

Base station Is offline message - VMB4000

It's happening to me also

Message 890 of 987
Aspirant

Base station offline

My ARLO Pro base station is saying that it is offline. I have tried all the trouble shooting tips on other discussions. 

I have also removed all devices in Settings, My Devices. I've then tried to hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. The issue is that they are not flashing amber. All three LED's are remaing solid green. Any suggestions?

Message 891 of 987
Highlighted
Apprentice

It really is unbelievable. It’s almost like every time you want to see a recording, the unit is offline. When you need and want your cameras to record that’s when they seem most likely not to work. It’s messed up! I just checked to see if my cam recorded me getting into my car to go to work. Guess what? It appears to be offline since 6:30 AM! This is a new unit I got yesterday under the Best Buy warranty. * * * 

Message 892 of 987
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 going offline including base unit

Worthless, Worthless, Worthless...after $1500 spent & almost a year of frustration I will soon be taking a sledge hammer to this system. Worthless, Worthless, Worthless...if it isn't one thing it's a another and now it's your base unit is off line...do all the recommended things from the so-called experts (EVERYTHING) & still the same*.  My neighbors with Simply Safe, Ring, and my brother-in-laws with wired systems just laugh with hysteria at all the problems this system has.  A sucker born everyday they say. Worthless, Worthless, Worthless...

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 893 of 987
Tutor

So many time I get the message System OFFLINE and there is no way for me to turn the system off.  My suggestion would be to update something so ARLO actually runs like an actual house alarm.  I paid so much money for this and honestly I'm disappointed I would never do it again.  I work on the radio and interviewed a number of security experts and they told me ARLO is not high on the list for recommendations because it operates so unpredictably.  So a more consistent dependable system is what I would suggest

Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 894 of 987
ant Prodigy
Prodigy

Down again for me too with Arlo Pro 2. Even original Arlo can go down too. Both can happen every other days. Come on, Arlo! This is annoying us!

Message 895 of 987
Apprentice

It’s more than “annoying”, it puts its customers at risk as the camera is not recording. To advertise this system as a “security camera” is false advertising and that what I told in part in my Better Business Bureau complaint.
Message 896 of 987
Star

Spoke to Tech support and made it clear to them this is a wider issue of base station going offline and usb flash error and to refer to this thread.

Yet the still think its a isolated issue and arrange a replacement base station for me and what do you know issue still remains! My case has been escalated the Level 2 Technician now.

Not holding my breath on this being resolved any time soon been 3 months now....

Any other Arlo alternatives to this junk... have been looking at Ring and Netatmo.

Message 897 of 987
Virtuoso

Try wyze cams
Message 898 of 987
Aspirant

Base station offline AGAIN

Every few days Arlo basestation goes off line, even though all LEDs are displaying correctly. Unplug and turn back on fixes it, but to be honest Arlo is just a steaming pile of sh!t. How can a security system be so terrible?? I now have half my house covered by Nest cameras and they never go off line. The Arlo system is pitiful. 

If you do have any useful suggestions to stop me setting fire to Arlo, then please let me know!

Message 899 of 987
Apprentice

After getting my Arlo 2 Cam April 10th and then having it become 100% unreliable after the May 25th update and constantly missing recordings and then returning mine under the Best Buiy extended warranty and then buying nother BB warranty with the exchange... Still offline! Finally coming to my sensses I call BB and asked if my return last week and the new extended warranty allowed me to return the Alro for a full refund and they said "yes"! So now understanding fully what a **bleep**ty co. this is who could care less about it's customer's, I returned it and got my full refund and am soooo HAPPY I DID! So bye. I wish you all luck but I also understsand nothing will be done and feel fortunate to have been able to get the BB extended warranty. 

Message 900 of 987