Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
IcyTorpedo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Alright so I tried the Factory Reset method and yes it did come back online. 
Prior to reset I can't connect to weblogin and app from Wifi. But I can with cellular. 

After Factory reset for weird reason I can login from both internet connections; like both webrowser and the app on Wifi? I ain't network savvy so I can't explain this phenomenon.
Only thing left to test is how long will it last? I only reconnected 1 camera as doing all 4 would be meaningless if I lose the Internet LED by tomorrow morning again ... 

Firmware for my connected cam is: 1.125.13.0_31717
Base Station firmware is:1.12.2.1_2798

Unfortunately I feel like it's the firmware ... because I havent touched a single setting. And I don't know for sure whether the base station can automatically upgrade or was aware there was an upgrade, hence I didn't divulge into doing any changes. If it wasn't manual input, then hardware failure? No, if it was a hardware failure I wouldn't be here writing this...Base is fine.

But, I do know that now once you do factory reset, initial setup will automatically proceed with firmware upgrade (lol) ... so I don't know? Guess I'll find out.

Drama some may call it but I really really am not keen on going outside to bring down 1 camera on 2nd floor that's also connected to Arlo solar panel ...... I put extra effort for cabling .... now they all need to be undone, save me lord.

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice
I haven’t had any problems with the time zone. I'm in PST zone.

As for the temporary fix. This is something that I found on my own because Arlo tech support had no solution since its firmware related issues.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Thanks for getting back to me.
I have the time zone change issue about once a week since the firmware upgrade.
I do get the base locking up every day at -8 UTC time where I have to power cycle the base because the app restart feature does nothing and the siren stops working.
Thanks for the heads up on the workaround, will give it a try and let you know if it works for me.
ronensh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Same is reported in thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/No-video-recording-but-got-notifications/m-p/1698276#M56895

This issue is back - i get notifications but no recording is done.

Regards,

Ronen

Paradee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has there ever been an actual answer to this??

Set as UTC+10 but constantly changing back to default time zone
NetConstCo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issues everyone else is reporting here too. I bought this after a breakin and caught the guy the second time because of these cameras. Now I am suddenly not even able to trust them.

I have only ever had chat support, but as a person who has working in IT for over 20 years it was a ridiculous experience. They don’t even listen to you and ask you to do completely unrelated things for troubleshooting.
babendums
Aspirant
Aspirant
Richarddog
Initiate
Initiate
Same thing happening here. About week or two ago base station seems to randomly go offline and then resets the time zone to Pacific time. Videos on library are so out of order now. Hope there is a fix soon I am really losing faith in Arlo
Clewibell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine also resets to Pacific time zone every day and I do not have a subscription.
ronensh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update:
It seems the recording is working again but I noticed the time stamps are wrong.
Apparently, the time zone has changed after the last update.

Thanks,
Ronen
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Richarddog wrote:
About week or two ago base station seems to randomly go offline and then resets the time zone to Pacific time.

That timing sort of fits in with this message:

Re: Arlo 2 geofencing - Page 13 - Arlo Communities

Our team has resolved the geofencing capability that was impacted during a service disruption that occurred May 24, 2019. Arlo’s geofencing feature is now working as expected. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team restored this feature. If geofencing is still not working for you as expected, please visit the Arlo Community to provide more details on your specific issue so that our team may further investigate.
Thank you, Arlo Team

In other words, a service issue rather than firmware or apps. That also fits in with the time travel phenomenon.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jlowe73
Guide
Guide

Same here, recordings were missing overnight, and now timezone was wrong.  Seems to be ok after I corrected it.

WLynne
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem in Canada over the last two weeks.

I keep resetting the time zone  in settings and it keeps flipping back to Pacific time.

All my videos are out of sync. which is not very helpful should I need to refer to an incident.

WLynne
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Base Station is constantly going off line as well and I have to keep resetting it.

davidkyw2
Guide
Guide

I think we have to take this issue to the tech press, so that people stop buying Arlo products.

Dannybear
Master
Master
FYI, I just observed that the time zone is not changing on the base station itself but on the arlo server side stored settings.
When the base firmware locks up and you loose the internet, the server side settings defaults to the pacific TZ. When that happens the arlo cloud server resets all cloud recordings for that day back to the default pacific TZ. If I then wait long enough the base internet led restores and the base time goes back to local time but all cloud recordings remain out of sync.
Stevied81
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Would be nice if they could fix this. Gone on loooong enough!!
MrSpoons
Star
Star

Happened to me again today....thats about 3 times in the past couple of weeks.

Pinnacle74
Star
Star

Same thing here, my base station is reverting back to Pacific time automatically.... This is a really annoying issue which must be solved ASAP.

Is there no representative from Arlo that can provide us with an update on this?!

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@WLynne wrote:

My Base Station is constantly going off line as well and I have to keep resetting it.

Sounds like a completely different issue.

The time zone "bug" does not seem to take people off line.

I would investigate other possible causes, and solutions.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
4u
Guide
Guide

It may or may not be the same issue but im having both.

The system is going offline for sometimes hours at a time. Then, when it comes back online, it's reset the time zone.

kiai63
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think Arlo should stop taking any subscription charges until this and other critical issues are fixed! What do you think "Arlo people", wouldn't it be fare??
Benma983
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Case is keep worst as the Arlo base is keep offine 1day 4-5 times & changes the time zone at any time. whatever i using wifi or not, and i had try to plug the lan line into the wifi or offical modem but the outcome is same. 

For my case, i still can remote to switch off / on (restart) the power then i can get a temporary online & temporary time zone stable. but it will back offline & change zone in few hours later. 

Arlo is sell advance / serurity and most important is NO CHEAP, but this time is change my mind. 

For a responsibility company,  Arlo should write a statement for explan what happening & what's the soluation plan. 

Base version in 1.12.2.1_2798

Arlo pro 2 version in 1.125.13.0_31717

John-Paul
Guide
Guide
Update problems still happening with the newer basestation they sent me:(

Arlo wasted my time and money paying for a replacement basestation even know that it’s under warranty still...

Still goes off line and missing recording, time shifting when it goes randomly..

When will this problem be fixed ??
RickNY
Star
Star

I started experiencing the timezeone change from Eastern to Pacific about a week ago.. I've reset it back to Eastern twice now.. I don't believe I've lost any recordings, but the timestamps on the recordings I do have start being 3 hrs off.

My app shows firmware 1.12.2.1_2798

This started around the same time that my iOS app started showing my subscription type as "Arlo Smart", and I am not on the Arlo Smart plan.