Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station keeps resetting itself and going offline intermittently

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I've had Arlo Pro for about five years now I can't tell you how many times these people have updated the firmware or the app and screwed everything up.. so many times this is happening
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

our base station is also going offline continually throughout the day. the app says getting status but doesnt say offline- this all started about 2 weeks ago. 

Krystoff
Guide
Guide

Uk here and resetting to Pacific time everyday is destroying the usability of the system

ridiculous Arlo are not owning up to it

vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just had another 30 minute Chat session with Arlo Support. After I asked him 3 times, Mark DID finally say that , yes, there is a known issue.

Arlo asked what have I done to try to trouble shoot the issue.  I told him " Factory reset of the base as requested ... cycled power for the base. ... removed the cameras and readded them to the base....reconfigured for Eastern time about 20 times ...."

Support then said , OK , This case needs to be escalated to our higher level of support. Please provide the following information below.

Same questions as someone else posted here earlier.

1. Who is the ISP of the customer?
2. When this issue started?
3. Was there any changes in the network of the customer like ISP, router/modem, etc?
4. Brand and Model of Router and modem?
5. Is it showing the same time zone on both mobile and web interface?
6. How frequent the time zone will change (every 2 weeks, every day, every week, etc.)?

I supplied the information. He then said " Thank you again for the full cooperation David. Case now will be forwarded to the appropriate department."

"Kindly refer to the same case number XXXXXXXX. Please wait for the update. 

I said ..... When can I expect an update?   "... wait for an update..." is not acceptable. It has already been a week with NO updates to me from Arlo Support .

Then Support said " I am unable to give a specific time frame David but rest assured that this will be fixed since our engineering team is working on this case. Your case is a priority. "

I got a small , chuckle out of his last comment.  <SMH>

Ntruong
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please ! Fix it I am so frustrated about this issue!
Krystoff
Guide
Guide
The questions asked in your case ref really can’t be relevant when users all over the world are experiencing this
Unfortunately most probably won’t notice for checking cams day to day
Only when reviewing footage from the library did I notice the issue
Tweeted @Arlohome asking when it would be fixed as this is more likely to get a response given that Arlo support don’t appear to be on the community boards
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

So many concerns the last few months with a system that I've had now for several years and honestly, likely haven't had a month or two of problem free performance across that time . .

The last few months an upsurge in issues with cameras chronicly going 'offline' and somewhat associated with that in most cases once back online they have batteries that have went from 100% the day before to single digit percents after getting back on line.  Another today.  And a 'one-two' in that one is that once back online with '2%' power, its now turned the disturbing hue of 'pink'.

F this system.  I have $800 Cdn invested and can't afford to simply shop about right now for an entirely new, 'reliable' system, so have to have this die a slow death until finances permit me to get away from what has been the most troubling network devices I've ever used in the past 25 years or so . . . .

Not looking for suggestions as I'm more and more believing that the truth is known to 'Arlo' and the reboot, boot blah, blah, blah is just buying time . . .

Nothing more to add.

mrbenl
Apprentice
Apprentice

All of a sudden for the last two weeks now my hub reverts only the time zone to Pacific, no other changes, using version 1.12.2.1_2798 as of 06/02/2019 on model VMB4000r3. It's a real shame because I love the equipment and am using it to monitor my two octogenerian parents, so it makes that easy when I am not there and if something happens, also, keeping an eye on packages is great to, but when it fails, it really goes big....

Arlo/Netgear.... STOP MAKING US CUSTOMERS THE GUINEA PIGS AND MAKE A WAY TO MANUALLY REVERT FIRMWARE VIA THE USB PORT...!

Robot Sad

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi,

If you guys are suffering from base station going offline after the firmware 1.12.2.1_2798 update . I have a temp solution for you.

Instead of using your regular schedule mode, manually select custom modes. This will force the base station/cameras to stay connected.

I think the firmware update is causing the base station to go offline only in the schedule mode.

Good luck!
Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi,

If you guys are suffering from base station going offline after the firmware 1.12.2.1_2798 update . I have a temp solution for you.

Instead of using your regular schedule mode, manually select custom modes. This will force the base station/cameras to stay connected.

I think the firmware update is causing the base station to go offline only in the schedule mode.

Good luck!
Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi,

Good luck!
alstar
Star
Star

Another victim here in the UK.

Trying to contact customer service but they have one of these awful webpages where you go around in circles trying to get to where you actually make contact!

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@mrbenl wrote:

All of a sudden for the last two weeks now my hub reverts only the time zone to Pacific, no other changes, using version 1.12.2.1_2798 as of 06/02/2019 on model VMB4000r3.

Do you still see this? It has stopped happening here.

My guess is that this one has nothing to do with firmware but is down to the servers. Your Arlo system talks to them all the time. These fell over not long ago and have caused grief all round, especially with geofencing. The timing is suspiciously similar to your "last two weeks".

They seem to have fixed that one. Maybe they have also sorted out the time travel problem.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
alstar
Star
Star

no, happened to me last night

Reetje
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem after firmware 1.12.2.1_2798, i’m in the Netherlands and this happens Every night. It keeps going back to pacific time. 

kida281
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry ChinJing - my wording was incorrect in this case. Mine also claimed “status”, not “offline”. Regardless, it isn’t loading.

I once again reset everything and started from scratch. My motion is working at this moment, but my geofencing still is not working.
Reetje
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, still having the problem after power cycle. Nothing Seems to work, the problem is there after the update to firmware 1.12.2.1_2798.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I note from your previous posts that you were regularly getting base resets every few hours, did these include the time zone changes?
If so have you proved that your workaround is repeatable by observations you made switching between custom modes and schedule mode.
I only ask that if the workaround is something useful for arlo support to be made aware of if not already it might help everyone.
k70800
Aspirant
Aspirant

+1 with this issue. .

(maximum one day after I set to Jerusalem it reverts to Pacific)

netgear really have outdone themselves with **bleep**ty support on this one.

NZArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here, confirm it is happening everyday or almost everyday- New Zealand time zone to UTC-8
IcyTorpedo
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the last 3 hours I am unable to connect the base station to go online, and I can't access the webportal page. 

Internet is doing really great, gaming music netflix browsing. It was working fine this afternoon.

I don't know what else to do other than turning off home base and turning on. 
Resetted my fibre. 
I'm so confused and upset. This never happened last 3 months until today.

What I can do is that I can login through my iPhone app, but all camera says base station is offline. 

Help please.

MyPSP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. Everything was fine this afternoon until this evening. My Arlo Pro 2, arlo lights and doorbell were offline. Internet light is off on my base station. Arlo app and Web portal unable to access as well.
What’s happening arlo?
Phatfish
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base station has just started going offline and will come back on for about 5 min if I reset it from the wall it has all started after I update the app and firmware
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei
If this is related to the server issue that messed up geofencing, and if Arlo fixed that yesterday, it may take 24 hours to kick in for everyone.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Reetje
Aspirant
Aspirant

We will wait and see. I’ll let you al know.