Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit Integration won’t work

spatel9114
Follower
Follower
I’ve set up my VMB4000 Base station with 1 Arlo Pro camera and 3 Arlo Essential cameras, and when I try and configure HomeKit on the base station, it gets stuck on the discovering step and won’t actually connect. Can I get some help?
783 REPLIES 783
LA2021
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much.  Problem resolved!

tejuse
Aspirant
Aspirant
longtail765
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I'm having the same issue.  Can you please send me a token as well?  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @longtail765

I have reset your SmartHub, Please reboot & try again. 

PFeezzy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looks like I need one of these token resets too. HomeKit stopped working so I removed the base station from HomeKit. Now I can’t set it back up.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PFeezzy

I have reset your Base Station, Please reboot & try again. 

b394373
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, I'm having the same issue.  Can you please send me tokens as well? 
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @b394373

I have reset your devices, Please reboot & try again. 

Millertodd87
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue with connecting to home kit, can you reset mine as well?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Millertodd87

yrabover
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apparently I am having the same issue - when I try to discover my hub in the HomeKit tab it stays in discovery mode forever and I don't have a code

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @yrabover

yrabover
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shayne, thank you. Nothing changed - I recycled the power, presses Sync, reset - I can see my cameras but clicking on HomeKit->Setup brings the dialog "Discovering your devices"-> DEVICES FOUND with the rotating wheel. It used to be connected to my HomeKit but then something happened, it disappeared and I cannot reconnect it. I don't have a code.

Yuri

jtudor
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having the issue connecting to HomeKit. Can you help me?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@yrabover

I was hoping that worked for you. Thank you for the detailed information.  Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue with your device. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jtudor

yrabover
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is interesting, is that after approx. 12 hours the base station showed up in the HomeKit without me doing anything. I tried before several times and then after a break - voila! Don’t know what triggered it. But I also kind of proved another “feature” — before, when my cameras were part of the HomeKit I noticed that the batteries were draining very quickly, literally, 2-3 days. I experimented, moved things around but it didn’t help; After the bridge disappeared from the HomeKit my cameras stayed for a month. In less than 24 hours in the HomeKit I lost 10% of power. Is it coincidental or there is some truth in this observation?

skoljatic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cant connect to Homekit, dont have a code on back of base, tried to recconect in app settings > my devices > smart hub> Homekit. When selected it is stuck and keeps finding device.

Device VMB4540r2

Firmware 1.16.5.6_864_3913242

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @skoljatic

Henrychung828
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same experience, fail to connect to the Apple HomeKit. How can I resolve it?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Henrychung828

Henrychung828
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you so much, it works now!
Andypick
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue as everyone else - can you send me a token etc?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Andypick

dhananjayb
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC Can you please send me the token as well. I am having the same issue and not able to add to home kit. 

Thanks,

Dhananjay