Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

spatel9114
Follower
Follower
I’ve set up my VMB4000 Base station with 1 Arlo Pro camera and 3 Arlo Essential cameras, and when I try and configure HomeKit on the base station, it gets stuck on the discovering step and won’t actually connect. Can I get some help?
783 REPLIES 783
GatesWLJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the input.  I have 3 iOS devices, iPhone 13 (latest update). iPad Pro (latest update) and iPad Min.  I’m really stuck.. I’ve got my gate working so that when my iSmartGate #RecommediStartGate begins to open Alexa fires my Arlo Ultra gate camera and records….

As it sits:  

‘Arlo Cameras:   14 Pro, Ultra, Pro4

Gate Opener: iSmartGate opener, highly recommended.

Alexa fires Arlo Camera records when gate is opened (need this in HomeKit

Lights: Green when opening, Red when closing. Landscape lights on for two minutes if dark.

Keypads: KPR2000 wired keypad, Wave hand open and close inside gate, Button gate opener inside d house.

Any assistance on HomeKit would be appreciated.

GatesWLJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Done, no change

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GatesWLJ

Are you connected the the same WIFI network as the base when trying to add? Are you using any wifi extenders by chance? 

GatesWLJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m on the same network and I have no extenders. I appreciate your continued support. I’ve tried everything to include Arlo reinstalling and home reinstall
elio12
Aspirant
Aspirant

can i have a token reset? im stuck 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @elio12

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

elio12
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks, I followed the steps but can't add to HomeKit

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@elio12

Can you try and remove and reinstall the arlo app?

You can also double check on a mother iOS device if possible. 

elio12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm on iOS latest version, deleted and reinstall app and still is detecting devices! 😭

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@elio12

Do you have another iOS device to check on?

elio12
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, I've tried with my wife iPhone and I got the same

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@elio12

I have reset it again, please try rebooting your base station again within the Arlo app by navigating to > Settings > My Devices > Select device > Restart

elio12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Shayne!  it works I could add to HomeKit, but after a few days I got the same issue with HomeKit (Searching for device) Can you reset the token again?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@elio12

You are all set.

marober
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC  I believe I am having the same issue. When I try to link my base station (VMB4540r3) to homekit in the Arlo app I get a blank white screen under the words saying "discovering your device. Please wait." and it never updates and finds my base station. I have tried resetting my base station several times and I have made sure that all my devices are up to date, including the Arlo app. 

SigmaDel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with HomeKit. Can you reset the token for me too.

thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SigmaDel

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

Bugsy6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, can I have my token reset again, please. It has stopped functioning with Homekit and a reboot hasn't fixed it.

Cheers

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bugsy6 I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

Bugsy6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks, @ShayneS 

Sjain1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unable to connect to my HomeKit. Looks like I’ll need the token as discussed in forum to be able to do. Please help
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Sjain1

Thank you

Sjain1
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's still the same. After reboot won't recognize anything for home kit. I also have Arlo baby camera which works fine and is successfully integrated with home kit
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Sjain1

Can you try removing and re-installing the app and another iOS device if possible. 

maxaf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShayneS,

I too am getting the 'uncertified accessory' error in the Home-app. I have added and removed the SmartHub to/from HomeKit several times, with the same result.

Could you also reset my HomeKit token?

Thanks,