Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

spatel9114
Follower
Follower
I’ve set up my VMB4000 Base station with 1 Arlo Pro camera and 3 Arlo Essential cameras, and when I try and configure HomeKit on the base station, it gets stuck on the discovering step and won’t actually connect. Can I get some help?
783 REPLIES 783
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

flaquete,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Wolverine_55
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem...Not able to add to HomeKit

Wolverine_55
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I please get a new token and reset ?

phatamerican
Aspirant
Aspirant
JPSmall007
Aspirant
Aspirant
James,
Would you please send a token reset so I can set up HomeKit?

Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wolverine_55, phatamerican, JPSmall007

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Bugsy6
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello ShayneS,
Having had the exact same issues, could I get a token reset please.
Cheers
Nepher
Aspirant
Aspirant
Gosh! Hope I found the right place! I cannot add to homekit, 4000r3 latest firmware + arlo pro 3... It's not even saying unsupported, When I add the bridge from arlo app, it says it is already added and next page is homekit setup failed. Could the token solution solve this?
Thanks!
Mark-V
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bugsy6 ,

Do you still need the token reset? Please let me know and I will run it ASAP.

Thank you,

Mark V

L3 Tech

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bugsy6 @spatel9114 @dshoe3926 @nepher

Did resetting your base station token resolve this issue for you?

Perkj
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC can you please reset my token. Experiencing the same issue. 

Bugsy6
Aspirant
Aspirant

All systems go, now! Thanks again for your help.

QLS_Burns
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same issue. I had this base station connected to a different Apple TV at home. I wanted to move this arlo base station to work, so I factory reset everything, and now HomeKit gets stuck on discovering indefinitely.
Perkj
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC disregard my request above. Was able to get support to reset the token via live chat. 

SBrad007
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, 

I too am having the same problem. Can you please reset the token for me? 
thank you

Scomull
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James, I’m having the same problem.

I’d appreciate if you can help me.

Thanks in advance
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Scomull @SBrad007

I have reset your tokens, please reboot your SmartHub/Base station and try again. 

Scomull
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked - thanks!!

xolinlevh1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue (support told me they could call me back in 24-48 hours) any chance someone can resolve it here quicker? 

leadingmore
Aspirant
Aspirant
I swear I saw both my base stations once after I click on Arlo App->Settings->HomeKit->SetUp. I can’t remember which one is which so I backed out and checked the device info. Since then the SetUp screen always stalls on “Devices found”.

I tried both wifi connection that are connected to the same router the base stations are connected to. I don’t know how I got the devices to show up in the first time.

Would reset the token work in my case?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @leadingmore @xolinlevh1

I have reset your tokens, please reboot your SmartHub/Base station and try again. 

SBrad007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, that fixed the issue 

cvapr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James. I am having the same problem with one of my base stations.  One synced with home kit just fine, the other fails with an unregistered device error. 

The base station in question has the serial Number: *******A285C and MAC *******F938

thanks in advance. 

xolinlevh1
Aspirant
Aspirant

That did it! thanks!

green12
Tutor
Tutor
I have similar issues while adding the base station to homekit. Could I get a token reset as well.