I successfully setup my 4 Arlo camera for Homekit this morning while at home. They appeared within the Homekit app just fine and I could pull up my live streams. Now that I am not at home, all of the Arlo cameras say "No Response". All of my other non-Arlo Homekit devices are working just fine. Also, if I open the Arlo app, all of the carmeras are online and working properly. However, the Arlo cameras don't seem to want to work within the Homekit app when I am away. Yes, I do have celluar turned on as well as Backround app refresh. Anyone else having this problem?
Solved! Go to Solution.
- Related Labels:
It would also be very interesting to find out why the support never mentioned them even though I still have an open case and am contacting them at least once a week to get some updates.
“ Thank you for your patience with the case.
Upon checking here, there should be a new firmware for the VMB4000 base station to be released within the next 2-3 weeks. This should fix the issue in regard to the ''Unidentified Accessory'' error for the Apple homekit integration. I'll notify you if its already being released.”
OK, I managed to get HomeKit working.
Although there is a firmware update coming in a few weeks that allows us to get a new HomeKit certificate without the help from support, but until then support CAN manually push a certificate from apple using your serial number.
I know an earlier post mentioned support said we have to wait for the firmware, but I can promise this is not the case.
I got confirmation they had resent the certificate.
Waited 10 minutes
Opened up Arlo app but HomeKit set-up failed, I didn't even get the uncertified error.
I fully killed the app, tried again and it HomeKit set up perfectly.
Maybe the live chat might be the best way to do this, I know for me personally creating a support case usually only gets replies weekly.
I highly recommend you log a ticket with support.
They can (eventually) push a new security token to the Base Station, which should correct the error. Or at least it did for me.
From the error logs I managed to extract from my iPhone it looked like it was a security issue between the base station and homekit, so this explanation from support makes sense to me.
to i tried contacting them via chat and low and behold i told them that i have reset the system twice so far aside from the other suggestions and issue remains the same and the reps suggestion was to walk me through the steps again after i told them multiple times it doesnt work either way. i asked if they can manually push a new homekit certificate and the rep stated not possible.
I've tried the online chat twice this past weekend and they didn't know anything about pushing new cert out or about the CEO's tweet. I have asked to escalate my ongoing case and left it at that. No update on the ticket since.
Yesterday I've noticed that my firmware changed to 126.96.36.199_2916_1deefd. Tried adding to HomeKit and it worked first time!
My base station has also received that firmware update, and in what can only be described as typical Arlo, there’s no release notes for this one.
After months of struggling with the Incertified Accessory error, a quick DM to the CEO of Arlo had my certificate reset and I was able to add my base station and cameras to HomeKit
They offered to send a replacement base station out to try. The new base station worked with HomeKit flawlessly.
Now sure how or why, it’s the same model and firmware version, but it worked.
Apple TV App
Arlo Mobile App
Arlo Pro 2
Arlo Q (Plus)
Before You Buy
Firmware Release Notes
IFTTT (If This Then That)
Modes and Rules
Online and Mobile Apps
Service and Storage