Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

markjericho
Star
Star

I successfully setup my 4 Arlo camera for Homekit this morning while at home. They appeared within the Homekit app just fine and I could pull up my live streams. Now that I am not at home, all of the Arlo cameras say "No Response". All of my other non-Arlo Homekit devices are working just fine. Also, if I open the Arlo app, all of the carmeras are online and working properly. However, the Arlo cameras don't seem to want to work within the Homekit app when I am away. Yes, I do have celluar turned on as well as Backround app refresh. Anyone else having this problem?

377 REPLIES 377
gones
Guide
Guide
I’m also on iOS 13.2 ...
stapi
Star
Star
Looking at the twitter thread it sounds like they can force the cert update. It would be interesting to find out if this works so please keep us posted.
It would also be very interesting to find out why the support never mentioned them even though I still have an open case and am contacting them at least once a week to get some updates.
stapi
Star
Star
I’ve contacted support and quoted the tweet. This is what I’ve got back:

“ Thank you for your patience with the case.

Upon checking here, there should be a new firmware for the VMB4000 base station to be released within the next 2-3 weeks. This should fix the issue in regard to the ''Unidentified Accessory'' error for the Apple homekit integration. I'll notify you if its already being released.”
thatsnasty
Guide
Guide

Haha why doesn't that surprise me.

rohanking
Guide
Guide
I’ve just updated my phone to iOS 13.2, and was immediately able to add my base station to HomeKit. There was no firmware update on the basestation or arlo app update, the only difference was iOS 13.2. Hooray!!
Deedub
Star
Star

You had better luck than me. Downloaded 13.2, rebooted, same “Unidentified Accessory” message.

thatsnasty
Guide
Guide

OK, I managed to get HomeKit working.

Although there is a firmware update coming in a few weeks that allows us to get a new HomeKit certificate without the help from support, but until then support CAN manually push a certificate from apple using your serial number.

I know an earlier post mentioned support said we have to wait for the firmware, but I can promise this is not the case.

I got confirmation they had resent the certificate.

Reboot basestation

Waited 10 minutes

Opened up Arlo app but HomeKit set-up failed, I didn't even get the uncertified error.

I fully killed the app, tried again and it HomeKit set up perfectly.

Maybe the live chat might be the best way to do this, I know for me personally creating a support case usually only gets replies weekly.

Good Luck.

JRios11
Star
Star

what is the latest firmware for your base station? 1.14.1.2_2916_1fdeefd i feel like a day or two ago that was different?

Nhott
Guide
Guide
Mine is the same as yours now. It ended with a letter “a” last time I checked.
JRios11
Star
Star
Well if they did push a firmware update... it still hasn’t fixed the uncertified accessory error for me so another fail from them
Nhott
Guide
Guide
If only they had a page where they could post release notes..
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes
Nhott
Guide
Guide
Firmware was VMB4000 - 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a
Found it on the release notes page. No mention of the current firmware. Maybe I just missed it
JRios11
Star
Star
Current firmware does not show on their “firmware page” Unless I’m looking in the wrong location. So who knows what this new one has fixed.
rohanking
Guide
Guide

I highly recommend you log a ticket with support. 

They can (eventually) push a new security token to the Base Station, which should correct the error. Or at least it did for me. 

From the error logs I managed to extract from my iPhone it looked like it was a security issue between the base station and homekit, so this explanation from support makes sense to me.

JRios11
Star
Star

to i tried contacting them via chat and low and behold i told them that i have reset the system twice so far aside from the other suggestions and issue remains the same and the reps suggestion was to walk me through the steps again after i told them multiple times it doesnt work either way. i asked if they can manually push a new homekit certificate and the rep stated not possible.

andyfive
Tutor
Tutor

I received a message from support that mine should work.  Tried again and it did.  I didn’t need to change anything.  Not sure what they did.

stapi
Star
Star

I've tried the online chat twice this past weekend and they didn't know anything about pushing new cert out or about the CEO's tweet. I have asked to escalate my ongoing case and left it at that. No update on the ticket since.

Yesterday I've noticed that my firmware changed to 1.14.1.2_2916_1deefd. Tried adding to HomeKit and it worked first time!

rohanking
Guide
Guide
My support case was logged for about 6 weeks before a ‘Level 2’ support agent told me the HomeKit token had been refreshed. Seems it’s not something the level 1 chat agents know about.

My base station has also received that firmware update, and in what can only be described as typical Arlo, there’s no release notes for this one.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes
Tsandas
Guide
Guide

Check both my iPhone and iPad both the same under Arlo app, HomeKit and discover no wheel , nothing there see attached 

Joabpaiva
Tutor
Tutor
skooler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the tip!
After months of struggling with the Incertified Accessory error, a quick DM to the CEO of Arlo had my certificate reset and I was able to add my base station and cameras to HomeKit
KCDesert42
Guide
Guide

Keep waiting, two more weeks....another firmware update. Rubbish. They’ve been lying to us since it was announced.

Tsandas
Guide
Guide

Interesting, away from home I see the wheel turning looking for device , at home no wheel?

Tsandas
Guide
Guide

Ok just did , let’s see....

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
I had support request a new token twice for my base station. Nothing worked.

They offered to send a replacement base station out to try. The new base station worked with HomeKit flawlessly.

Now sure how or why, it’s the same model and firmware version, but it worked.