Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lyre
Initiate
Initiate

Amazon Show 5 does not display video feed. Only audio. It used to work. Tried resetting devices, removing/adding cameras, and upgrading software. Nothing works.

184 REPLIES 184
Grinch777
Guide
Guide

Well I sent a message to Amazon via the Alexa app and received a fast reply to call them, what a waste of time.

The first call I was cut off while explaining the problem, the second call I explained the problem and I was held on line while she went to check with another technician. She returned to inform me that they have NO knowledge of any compatibility problems or connection problems. She advised that I should contact Arlo!

Called Arlo, very patient adviser sadly unable to help. He has escalated the problem. To his credit he checked all my settings, base and individual cameras, was with me for nearly an hour till we both admitted defeat.

Both Arlo and Amazon will not admit there is a problem, hundreds of users can't all be wrong?

Tomfaber
Initiate
Initiate
@JessicaP

We have the 3 camera Arlo pro system with the show 5. The screen shows waiting for Arlo but we hear audio.
Tomfaber
Initiate
Initiate
No. We have blink cameras as well, and they aren’t supported on the show 5. Blink is so entry level that live look in’s aren’t supported. Just battery notifications.
MR74
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any word yet on this fix? These 2 were supposed to work well with each other.

MuddsFawaz
Guide
Guide

Ok, Arlo tech support, should we start telling people on Twitter and Facebook that your cameras are paper weights?  I think its time for you to respond because the reviews on the Amazon site are about to go viral with how useless they are.  Also, many of us will want to requests refunds for every camera we own as they are not performing the function you advertised.  Speak to us so that we are updated with solutions.  

jimyoungquist
Tutor
Tutor

Using the 10" echo show: Original arlo cameras work fine with alexa show (they don't have sound).  My arlo pro and arlo pro-2 cameras give audio only, no video, and then time out after about 45 seconds.  all cameras work great with iphone and computer interface. all cameras have a strong signal. got the 5 arlo pro-2 cameras first week of November, and they worked great with echo show when I first got them.  went wacky in the last 2 weeks.

JeffMelson
Initiate
Initiate
Amazon Echo Show Gen 2 - please fix the Arlo Skill. Audio and motion detection works but no video. Kind of pointless if you can't see the video
jimyoungquist
Tutor
Tutor

I have verified the alexa behavior that if I call up a pro-2 camera first on my iphone, then ask alexa to show me that camera, it works.  if I then disconnect both on the iphone and the echo show, then I get the audio waiting for arlo on the echo show.  sounds like a bug in the arlo skill.

agmujawar
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo pro wire free camera not connecting with amazon echo show. When you ask echo show to show any of the arlo cameras; it simply says “waiting on arlo”
Robertomaldonad
Initiate
Initiate
Same here, echo show worked great with arlo for like a month then all of the sudden it stopped
All it shows is “waiting on Arlo” really annoying
Can somebody fix this problem?
Very upsetting can’t even return Arlo cameras
But ring doorbell works great no glitches.
🤬🤬
Shaile84
Initiate
Initiate

4 Arlo ultras and a baby Arlo with an amazon echo show. I have no video or audio. Just a “waiting for Arlo” screen

JJtheNovice
Tutor
Tutor

Same here but for some reason the Fire TV cube works (it's connected by ethernet)

Gene1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here.  Alexa on Amazon Fire TV's and Sticks are not connecting with the Arlo Pro camera and/or the Arlo base.  I have not been able to see live video from my camera for a couple days.  When I ask 'Alexa to Show Front Door' all it does is "Waiting for Arlo" message and just hangs there.  When I turn on my Tablet, the live feed shows up on the Tablet, and when I go back and ask Alexa to show (on my Fire TV) it miraculously appears.  But the minute I get out and try to get back on, Arlo just hangs.....   Arlo had an app update on 12/2/19 which seems to work fine on my Amazon Tablets, but the Alexa skills on the Amazon Fire TV's/Sticks are not working since this update.  I spent almost an hour on the phone today with Arlo tech support and didn't have any luck fixing this problem.

Gene1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm experiencing the exact same thing since 12/5/19.  My Arlo camera is 1 year, 1 month and 2 weeks old; seldom had a problem connecting to camera/base with my Amazon Fire TV devices.  Today I called Arlo Tech Support; issue not resolved.  In the last 2-3 days I have not been able to see live video on my TV's (through Amazon Fire TV/Stick); the "Waiting for Arlo" message just hangs with no connection.    I see where Arlo updated their app on 12/2/19..... I wonder if that resulted in compatibility issues with Amazon Fire TV devices?  I hope they fix soon.....

Christa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine stopped working before taking the 12/2 update. I just ran the update today and the issue remains.
Gene1949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro (one camera and base)

Connecting devices:  Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, and *Amazon Fire 10 Tablet

No live video feed.  Message "Waiting for Arlo" just hangs and never connects.

Sometimes no picture and just audio

*However, my Amazon Fire 10 Tablet connects better but sometimes inconsistent

Is there a way I can undo the last Arlo update?

slappy4428
Guide
Guide

Yeah, how's that workin out?
Because I spent $500 on equipment a year ago with the with the purpose of being able to link it to Alexa, and right now, your Alexa skill is pretty much worthless.

slappy4428
Guide
Guide

1) 3 Arlo Pro cameras with base station; 1 Arlo Pro 2 camera as an add-on
2) Amazon Echo Spot; Amazon Echo Show 5

3) No. I get no picture or audio. Your Alexa skill does an excellent job of trying to load. Actually loading to view the cameras is full of fail.

All worked relatively well until about Thanksgiving. Then nothing. Firmware is up-to-date

340duster
Guide
Guide

Count me in on this as well. Just purchased Arlo Pro 2, two Camera kit and Arlo Video Door Bell, with the understanding it was to work with our Alexa Show.  I get the cameras setup ,and save the connection to Alexa for last and it does not work. Not to happy, this was the sole reason I purchased this system.  Please fix this ASAP

JJtheNovice
Tutor
Tutor

Sure would be nice if Arlo support would update us?  Let us know what progress if any that they've made.

Rojoent97
Tutor
Tutor

Jessica,

I believe that the previous post have answered your questions and provided enough information for you to have enough data to resolve. However, my issue is with ALL cameras. When I ask "Alexa, show me living room camera", is constantly reads "...waiting on Arlo." Periodically I can hear audio. So, to your question, yes, the system is only providing audio. There is no video. Please fix immediately. Thank you

Rojoent97
Tutor
Tutor

...in addition to my previous post, the Amazon products that I'm using are Echo Show 5 & 8.

Grinch777
Guide
Guide

I received a call from Amazon Alexa last night regarding my email about the problems I have connecting Arlo with Show 8 and I was told to install a piece of software called IFTTT that it MAY do the trick! I downloaded it on my Android Samsung A40 phone but when I tried to install on my new Samsung Tab-A it told me that the software was incompatible with my unit! In any case using the Alexa app on my mobile it still did not work.  Anyone tried this method to sort out the problem?

Arthryn
Initiate
Initiate
Having this issue with Arlo Pro wire free cameras.

Alexa devices: Echo show 8 and echo show 2.

Video is not displaying, screen stays in “Waiting for Arlo” mode.
Grinch777
Guide
Guide

This morning I read through the 'Amazon Digital and Device forum - Echo and Alexa' and there were very few problems posted about connecting to cameras which I could not understand. I posted with problems that I and many other Arlo subscribers are experiencing being unable to connect to their Echo / Alexa devices. I had two replies that clearly had very little understanding of what I had posted. 

I have just discovered why there are no or very few posts about camera problems on the Amazon forum, my thread has been deleted! I suppose that's one way of closing down criticism of their faulty products!

The promised call from the Amazon Tech guy that was promised for one o'clock today, it  never happened!!!

I am beginning to lose the will to live!!!!

If I hadn't bought the Show  8 for half price on Black Friday I would sent it back, at least it works with the Ring doorbell. Well, for now...........