Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not working and no announcements from Amazon Alexa [Potential Fix]

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

So to everyone having problems with cameras and the doorbell. I have had trouble with cameras not working and no announcements from amazon alexa that the door bell has been pressed like everyone else that has them. I have found it MUST be a fault with software/firmware. If I have the doorbell and chime connected to a base unit with NO cameras and a different base unit for just the cameras then everything works better. cameras connect and work faster. no dropping of connections and now my doorbell rings my phone every time and my alexa tells me my doorbell has been pressed. Hope this helps

1 REPLY 1
johnboydavis
Apprentice
Apprentice

So to everyone having problems with cameras and the doorbell. I have had trouble with cameras not working and no announcements from amazon alexa that the door bell has been pressed like everyone else that has them. I have found it MUST be a fault with software/firmware. If I have the doorbell and chime connected to a base unit with NO cameras and a different base unit for just the cameras then everything works better. cameras connect and work faster. no dropping of connections and now my doorbell rings my phone every time and my alexa tells me my doorbell has been pressed. Hope this helps