Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Holford
Follower
Follower

Brand new Arlo Pro 2 & base-station cannot connect to / discover HomeKit, out of the box.

I've been through phone-support twice since receiving my Arlo Pro 2 cameras on Thursday night, but am hoping I can expedite the solution as I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support person to call me back as none were available tonight...

How the issue manifests:

After setting-up both Arlo Pro 2 cameras & Hub (VMB4500r2) via the Arlo app on my iPhone, I went to setup the HomeKit integration via the Hub's settings. However, I perpetually see the 'Discovering your device. Please wait.' screen instead.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

• Reboot Arlo Hub (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot Arlo Pro 2 cameras (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot home WiFi (via management app & power-cycle)
  • Soft-reset iPhone
  • Uninstall & re-install Arlo app
  • Use second iOS device (iPad Pro)
  • Restart Apple HomeKit Home Hubs (Apple TV, iPad Pro, and HomePod)
  • Confirm all Apple hardware is up-to-date with software
  • Confirm all Arlo hardware is up-to-date with software & firmware
  • Confirm all devices are on same WiFi network
  • Confirm all existing (25+) HomeKit devices are connected & responding
  • Place cameras, Hub, and iPhone within inches of each other
  • Leave iPhone on above 'Discovering your device...' screen for 30-45 minutes

Arlo support experience:

I've been on two different phone calls with Arlo support, which (to be honest) has not been fantastic. I've spent about 90mins on the phone on two different days, and spent about 50-60mins of that on hold. I've repeated all the steps numerous times, and the very first email follow-up I've received just tells me to follow the KB article on how to set-up HomeKit... 

I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support engineer to call me back 'within a few days' as none were apparently available tonight.

I've done plenty of my own research both here, as well as on the /r/arlo subreddit, and it does appear this is a known issue with a number of Arlo Pro 2 kits, wherein the Hub needs a new Apple HomeKit Certificate issued remotely, with many saying they can have this resolved once this is confirmed within 20mins.

I'm hoping that someone (perhaps the fabled JamesC of this support forum) can help me in resolving this...

Many thanks for any help you wonderful people can give!

405 REPLIES 405
Coronadelmar75
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I have another token reset also please? I had one reset already and followed the instructions but still ended up in the holding pattern for HomeKit device discovery. Thanks.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ltuned, Coronadelmar75

If the token reset did not resolve the issue, you may need to remove your base station from the Arlo mobile app and factory reset before trying again.

How can I reset my Arlo SmartHub or base station to the default values?

JamesC

Scone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, can I please get the token pushed as well?

Having the same issue. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scone,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Guyincog
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC, I was loving HomeKit working with my arlo for quite some time but all of a sudden it has stopped working and every time I try to reconnect my arlo base station to HomeKit it gets stuck discovering. Can you please send me a token reset to my base station to resolve the issue? Thanks!
Lb123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, could I get a token for HomeKit?
Thank you
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Guyincog, Lb123

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Guyincog
Aspirant
Aspirant
2hotty
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo pro 2 HomeKit stopped working a couple weeks ago. I have followed all kinds of steps but I cannot get the arlo app to rediscover the arlo base in HomeKit setup.  Will a token reset fix this?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

2hotty,

JamesC

sc1683
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Can I please have a token reset as well? I am also having the same issue setting up my Arlo system on Homekit.

Thank you very much for your help.

sc1683

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sc1683,

JamesC

Richiesips
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC

I'm having the same issue. Can you send me a token reset request too?

Thanks

Rich

peterp100
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem, I cannot connect my Arlo to Homekit and get the message "Discovering your device. Please wait." Can you send my new base station a reset token? I have two base stations, one is a new VMB4500r2 and I have a VMB3010r2 with older cameras on it.

Thank you,

-Peter

MDondi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, can I get a token reset to try again to my homekit working?

Aaron323
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I think I might need this token sent my way too. When trying to setup my Arlo Pro basestation with HomeKit, it just gets stuck on the Discovering page. A while ago it stopped working in HomeKit. 

Thanks in advance. 

Aaron

tbraswell2
Tutor
Tutor

Could I receive that token as well

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Richiesips, peterp100, MDondi, Aaron323, tbraswell2

JamesC

Richiesips
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great stuff. Thanks James. 

royalknight83
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a token reset request? I try connecting my base station to Homekit and it keeps saying "Uncertified Accessory".

tbraswell2
Tutor
Tutor
I did a factory reset on my base station . once you do a factory reset you will lose all your cameras just reinstall your base station and then your cameras a you should be able to connect to HomeKit.
royalknight83
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I should have clarified that I've already tried that. I removed the base station from my account, performed a hard reset, reconnected everything and I'm still getting the error.

MDondi
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you very much, now it is working and I am able to use homekit 

fredr1k
Tutor
Tutor
Can you do the same for me, I am in the same situation.
fredr1k
Tutor
Tutor
Hi JamesC.

Can you please send a token reset Request to my basestation.

I have the same issue with HomeKit.

Best regards,
Fredrik