Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Holford
Follower
Follower

Brand new Arlo Pro 2 & base-station cannot connect to / discover HomeKit, out of the box.

I've been through phone-support twice since receiving my Arlo Pro 2 cameras on Thursday night, but am hoping I can expedite the solution as I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support person to call me back as none were available tonight...

How the issue manifests:

After setting-up both Arlo Pro 2 cameras & Hub (VMB4500r2) via the Arlo app on my iPhone, I went to setup the HomeKit integration via the Hub's settings. However, I perpetually see the 'Discovering your device. Please wait.' screen instead.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

• Reboot Arlo Hub (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot Arlo Pro 2 cameras (via app & power-cycle)
  • Reboot home WiFi (via management app & power-cycle)
  • Soft-reset iPhone
  • Uninstall & re-install Arlo app
  • Use second iOS device (iPad Pro)
  • Restart Apple HomeKit Home Hubs (Apple TV, iPad Pro, and HomePod)
  • Confirm all Apple hardware is up-to-date with software
  • Confirm all Arlo hardware is up-to-date with software & firmware
  • Confirm all devices are on same WiFi network
  • Confirm all existing (25+) HomeKit devices are connected & responding
  • Place cameras, Hub, and iPhone within inches of each other
  • Leave iPhone on above 'Discovering your device...' screen for 30-45 minutes

Arlo support experience:

I've been on two different phone calls with Arlo support, which (to be honest) has not been fantastic. I've spent about 90mins on the phone on two different days, and spent about 50-60mins of that on hold. I've repeated all the steps numerous times, and the very first email follow-up I've received just tells me to follow the KB article on how to set-up HomeKit... 

I'm now waiting for a Tier 2 support engineer to call me back 'within a few days' as none were apparently available tonight.

I've done plenty of my own research both here, as well as on the /r/arlo subreddit, and it does appear this is a known issue with a number of Arlo Pro 2 kits, wherein the Hub needs a new Apple HomeKit Certificate issued remotely, with many saying they can have this resolved once this is confirmed within 20mins.

I'm hoping that someone (perhaps the fabled JamesC of this support forum) can help me in resolving this...

Many thanks for any help you wonderful people can give!

405 REPLIES 405
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hype17, TTeuer, JeremyA, Peterlyd

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Peterlyd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately it did not work.
TTeuer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,

Thank you very much. That did the trick. I was able to add it back into HomeKit without issue after that.
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

James I am having the same issue. Can you send me a token too. Thanks Gary

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bartley,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

James, Worked like a charm. Thanks

RIck207
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, 

Could you also send a token to my base station please?

I had Arlo in my HomeKit until a recent software/firmware upgrade.

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RIck207,

JamesC

YellowRabbit
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

I also have a similar issue. I had all my cameras connected fine. But I just recently went to view them and they had stopped working (they would simply show "No Response" when I tried to view them). I removed Arlo from HomeKit and tried to re-add it, but now I can't discover the devices. It gets stuck on the "discovering your device, please wait" screen.

Note that I have done all the usual stuff such as reboot my phone, the base station (pulling the power cord), the router etc etc.

Can you please help?

Cheers,

Jason

Model: VMB4000r3

Firmware: 1.16.1.1_3348_facf74c

Isobaric
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi james how do I get the new token as I having the same issue?

RIck207
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James, thanks for your support sending the token did the trick. Arlo now on HomeKit.
I see all my cameras but Arlo audio doorbell and chime are not visible on homekit. Is this normal?
I was hoping to set some scenes using the door bell and chime.
FrederikNissen
Aspirant
Aspirant
James, will you send me a tonen reset as well?
Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

YellowRabbit, Isobaric, FrederikNissen

JamesC

Isobaric
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, that fixed it...!

YellowRabbit
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

Thanks very much, I can confirm that this has fixed the issue.

Cheers,

J

Joeyski28
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m also having the same HomeKit issue. Could you send a token to my unit too? Thanks!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joeyski28,

JamesC

Joeyski28
Aspirant
Aspirant
Works now- thanks!
Ltuned
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Could I please get a token reset? I’ve tried to setup HomeKit and it stuck on “Discovering your device. Please wait.” I have tried to reset the base station and phone but nothing works. 

Thanks,

Kev

Jp4512
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Pro was working great for six months or better with HomeKit and then stop working about a month ago. I have tried everything to get it connected back with no luck. Can I get a token rest to see if that will fix my HomeKit connection issue?
foxilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, JamesC.  I would greatly appreciate a token reset as well, as I am having the same issues as many others with VMB4000r3.  Thanks for your help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ltuned, Jp4512, foxilla

JamesC

Ltuned
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Thanks for sending the token. I have reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) and restart the Arlo app as well but still stuck on Discovering your device. Please wait page. They are on the same WiFi network as  Arlo SmartHub or base station. I have 3 Arlo Pro camera, Apple Home app, Arlo app, Arlo Base Station (VMB4000r3) with station firmware version: 1.16.1.1_3348. Please help!!!

Thanks,

Kev

foxilla
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, James.  I was able to successfully add my Arlo devices to Homekit after you reset token.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ltuned,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC