Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary

The new app update for iOS doubled the devices the. Wiped out my base station and set up. Fix it

83 REPLIES 83
ArloCa
Tutor
Tutor

It would be nice if a Netgear / Arlo rep came online to provide a progress update. Mine "repaired itself" but others still have issues. Has Netgear identified the cause or not?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is currently under investigation by the engineering team. I will post an update as soon as I have more information. We appreciate your patience in this process.

JamesC

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Thank you Jim. At least the primary list of cameras is picking up activity on my iPhone 5S but not my wife's 5C.
NPeter
Initiate
Initiate
I am observing the same issue showing duplicate devices on iPhone. I am seeing this issue since one week and I can't believe that Netgear is not able to fix it yet.
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Netgear may have a new programmer on staff and cannot get to the fix as fast as one would expect. As long as the system is still notifying you of possible intruders, it is doing its job. Give the IT staff a little bit of time to resolve this. I too hope it's soon.
DPotato
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. Reinstalling the app temporarily fixes the issue, however sooner or later the duplicate cams appear, with one set non-functional. Also since the last iPhone app upgrade push notifications are not working. I'm certain to have settings where notifications are completely allowed. I hope there is some fixes soon.

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
It seems as though the programmers have created a camera class and a base class. In their haste somebody duplicated the classes. So each camera has a duplicate instance of its class variant. And those camera class instances owner is a base which also is identified in an instance of the base class variant. So now when you duplicate the base class through another instance the camera classes are also duplicated. The data in the first base and camera classes are updated properly but not in the dupes. Images, status, battery power, etc are null or void of data. Hope this helps
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
I cannot trust the system to activate a notification any more. I just tested all cameras again this morning and the system failed miserably. There is a product liability issue here and I hope your Errors and Omissions insurance is paid and up to date. It would be advisable to address this in full force right now!!!
Betstu2004
Tutor
Tutor
The issue seems to be fixed as of this afternoon. Thanks!
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Betsyu2004 - I am still seeing duplicated and not getting all my notifications. Battery indicators are also off as I changed the batteries when I ran the 12/21 update.
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Dupe cameras are no longer seen but only 2 out of 5 cameras are shown as connected. Somebody progress but not enough Netgear. 10 days is a long fix cycle. Don't you use SourceSafe or something similar to protect your source code so you can roll back to a last known good version?
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
It appears as though the duplicate cameras have disappeared and the intrusion alerts are functioning properly. Thank you Netgear for finally fixing the problem. I'm keeping an eye on my system for stability issues.
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
My wife's iPhone is sharing the app but is not the master. Her iPhone 5c is not seeing any of the cameras. Hopefully Netgear is working on this issue and will be resolved soon.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If using a guest account, make sure all cameras are selected in Settings, Grant Access.
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
My wife's cameras are now duplicated again and she still has no access. Not good. I deactivated her access privileges and reactivated her again. This duplicated the cameras.
slickman
Star
Star

I'm haing the same issue after using it for a few days, what gives?

slickman
Star
Star

Removing it from my iphone and re-installing fixes it but I don't know for how long.

slickman
Star
Star

I thought I made a good move going to this Arlo system but I'm begining to think otherwise. 

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Let the Netgear engineers work this out. If anyone has a breach of security that results in a crime being committed and no video evidence available, consult an attorney. Otherwise just keep contacting Netgear.
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Netgear should provide all of us in this forum with a free wireless camera with audio.
Bownse
Guide
Guide

I had this doubling start yesterday on my iPhone 6+. It does NOT happen on my iPad Mini 4 nor on the web interface.

I followed all of the recommendations (restarting, power cycling, uninistalling/reinstalling app, re-pairing cameras) and the app and firmware are all current.

The doubpling of all cameras remains an issue with the iPhone only.

slickman
Star
Star

I have a iphone 7+ and this happen to me.  I removed it from the phone from the phone and re-downloaded it to install and it worked fine.

hottnerd85
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here, still no update?
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
It may be an iOS issue with the iPhones. Is this app available on Androids?
Bownse
Guide
Guide

I know there are some basic differences between the iPad and iPhone but most of that has to do with the screen real estate.

Yet my iPad Mini 4 has always been fine while the iPhone 6+ continues to experience the problem regardless of re-installation, and Arlo firmware/reboot/reset efforts.

Both are iOS and both on the most current available version of iOS and Arlo app.