Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

new app update for iOS double displayed devices

Discussion stats
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary

The new app update for iOS doubled the devices the. Wiped out my base station and set up. Fix it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in iOS app version 2.3.2 please visit the app store and update your Arlo mobile app to this latest version.

JamesC

View solution in original post

83 REPLIES 83
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

They are aware of the problem and working on it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary

This is compromising the security of my house and the app needs to be repaired ASAP.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please download the latest version of the iOS Arlo mobile app (2.3.1) from the app store.

Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Downloaded app this morning. Reset the Base and still no response. The net analyzer I run sees the base and responds when pinged.

All cameras are still missing and cannot Add Base Station either. This update occurred on 12/21. It duplicated the cameras then wiped them out, and finally the Base Station would not respond.

I removed the Base station and started a full New Setup but the Base will not respond.

The system was working great until that update went in and I am very unhappy as our home security is now compromised and with Xmas deliveries being laid on the doorstep we are worried nefarious individuals will target our house and steal packages off the porch.

This is is not good at all. Very very unhappy.
afbutler1
Guide
Guide
Version 2.3.1, just released, caused the smear doubling issue. My camera displays were just too dark before it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If resetting the base to start over fresh, DO NOT use the New System Setup. Log in and use the Add Device button on the Devices tab after removing everything from Settings, My Devices.

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary

Factory reset Base Station with cat5 unplugged. Plugged cat5 back in hit reset. App had been switched to another band on my Netgear dual band DSL router when update was loaded on 12/21. Resynching all cameras. Coming back to life. Something about that update and Dual band routers.

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
After I cleared the library, all of the cameras were doubled so now I see duplicates of all the views on the main page. What is wrong?
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
It seems as though the new update is seeing both bands of my Netgear 3800 dual band router. It switches from one band where the app is setup and sets the wifi channel to the one not assigned to the iPhone. When it is switched everything is duplicated - base and cameras and they. I longer function.
ArloCa
Tutor
Tutor

The Arlo update on ios - the seeing double faux pas extends to the Arlo Q as well. Re installing the app and re syncing the cameras does not work [for me anyway] so waiting for a fix from Netgear seems to be the best option at the moment.

ArloCa
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo development team - I'm sure this issue bites into time with your families this Christmas. Thank you for your hard work and all the best to the team.

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Thanks for putting time in to the fix. It seems as though the QA cycle was not implemented before version release. Must not be using Agile methodology.
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Still duplicating cameras and Base Station. Camera status reports no battery left even though new batteries (checked good) are in the cameras. Are you still working on a fix?
Betstu2004
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here - the first time this happened deleting the duplicate cameras with dead battery ended in a disaster and had to reset the whole system.
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
This really needs to get fixed. I am concerned about the security of my system and the Arlo database server. Was this massive error a result of a malicious hacking prank or just a neophyte programmer that was hired? I used to live my system but now I have reservations.
avinesh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue with Arlo camera and now it's not showing in my iOS apps. Called technical support of no resolution and waiting to get help from high level support...
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Check your wifi connection first. Turn the wifi off on your iPhone then turn it back on. Check Arlo

If camera does not appear try this

Power down your hub for 7 seconds. When the left two lights turn green, means your hub is connected to the internet, press the sync button and then the button on your camera.

If you see two of the same camera images wait for the app fix that is underway.
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
To add more test results. My wife has an iPhone 5c. She only sees rhe number if cameras available but can't see any images. If you select the filter option then she sees duplicates if every camera. Under active devices it only shows the number of cameras we have and no dupes. We are running five cameras. Hopefully this test data helps the app developers fix this issue. Please respond Netgear.
garbonzo1111
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue.  App shows double feeds from my two cameras.  Removed both cameras and then resynced.  On the webpage, there is only one feed from each camera, but on both iPad and iPhone (both with the 2.3.1 update), I see double feeds.  Odd thing is the double feed from each camera shows the battery life as zero, but the "original" feed from both cameras shows the battery life as 80% plus (I've changed the batteries in both cameras within the past two weeks).

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Same issues we are seeing. Let's see what Netgear developers come up with as a fix. I worry about safety being compromised by this Ill-fated app release. What's up Netgear? I am an app programmer if you need help debugging.
ArloCa
Tutor
Tutor

OK

iOS app is back to normal without an app update. Makes me think the issue was at the server level? Anyway, no more double viewing through the iOS app.

jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
I am still getting duplicate camera issues.
jqcastelli
Luminary
Luminary
Can I send images to Netgear to show duplicates?
Betstu2004
Tutor
Tutor
I am still seeing double cameras