Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
Chasenae
Aspirant
Aspirant
Even with the new update as of 10/20/18 videos are still not playing on iPhone xs
Jon06chris01
Aspirant
Aspirant

MacMad
Tutor
Tutor
Please do tell Arlo, how do we view the videos in a web browser on the iPhone?
yjeff
Aspirant
Aspirant
An app update was FINALLY released and fixes the video playback issue on iPhone XS and XS Max!
Mikeymike80
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras are recording still/frozen footage when ‘alarmed’ and detection.
However, if I test the motion in, ’test mode’ or press the ‘’live’ button,, it will record and show the video in motion.
I’ve swapped cameras, removed batteries, removed cameras, re-synced, restarted base station and nothing has worked.. I’ve been using this system for years without a glitch until now and coincidentally before the recent firmware update.
Any ideas?
any ideas?
jkk4_1998
Initiate
Initiate

That is completely wrong! Update did NOT fix the problem

ffalzett
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue as everyone else! I just set up Blink at my new home! It works flawlessly and the battery life is longer, plus it uses standard AA batteries that can be purchased everywhere!
Bgprew
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem except mine started since I got a new iPhone. My wife’s older iPhone still works fine.
brh
Master
Master

@Mikeymike80@Bgprew,

Apple made some changes in the latest apps and the latest iPhones that caused this problem. Arlo is working on a solution for the problem, but another poster to this forum said he was on the ios 12.1 beta, (not the 12.01 curently installed) and he said his new phone was not having this problem. Lets hope either Apple will release a new ios version that will solve this or that Arlo can soon find a solution.

Brian

makeupcat
Guide
Guide
makeupcat
Guide
Guide
Update did NOTHING for me!!!!
If IOS 12.1 is released next week as I’ve read that a BETTER fix it!!!!!
thril_hill
Initiate
Initiate
I upgraded my phone to the IPhone Xs and now my videos from my notifications don’t play. They were working before I switched my phone. The videos work on my table and computer. Is there a fix for the app on the phone?
Delajosj
Initiate
Initiate
I am in the same boat, all Iphone x and above with the latest ios are having the same issue where we cant see the recorded video. I upgraded to xs max

This is horrible, I just updated the Arlo app a few minites ago and the issue arill remains.
Fmello
Star
Star

I still have the message "Getting status..." on each camera view instead of the live button. It's been over a month and I still can't watch a live stream from any of the cameras. I have no problem watching recorded clips that are in the library though. 

I'm uisng an iPhone XS Max.

Mccauley444
Guide
Guide

bscnetzwerk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Nach App Update und Firmwareupdate der Kameras immer noch das gleiche Problem!!! Kein Video läuft das von der Arlo aufgenommen wurde!!!
MikeCloudsdale
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve been in touch with Arlo on Twitter, here is their latest reply...
The recent app release was for the Arlo Audio Doorbell and Smart Chime support. We apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that development team is working on a fix for the playback issue. Update for it will be provided once we have more information to share with..
M412KY
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, I’ve upgraded my phone to an iPhone XS max and when I get a notification the videos don’t play,. The bar moves across as if it’s playing but I only see the first recorded clip. They play fine on android but not on the iPhone. Don’t know if it’s the phone or iOS 12?
jdigug
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is doing the same thing. I noticed my app was updated this morning but it still doesn’t play video from my phone. Has yours been resolved yet?
jdigug
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. Has this issue been resolved yet? I have the IPhone XS max and noticed my app was updated this morning and the video still is not playing. It is just a still picture.
Mikeymike80
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you so much and for being so helpful.
You are spot on. It’s a fault with the iPhone since the upgrade to iOS 12.1. I’ve also tested this on my iPad which is also on 12.1 and it works on my iPad but not my iPhone.
Thanks again for your help and prompt reply.
Coco83
Guide
Guide

Still having the same problem with iPhone XS only all other iPhones 6 and 7 working fine.  Apparently joining the Apple Beta program works but haven't tried it yet.  

SailsElan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I noticed on Friday my iPhone was suddenly playing the videos. I had no updates to iPhone or Arlo app. But by Saturday I noticed a new Arlo app was installed. All is good!
pchandler858
Aspirant
Aspirant

iOS 12.1 fixes the issue. It is still in beta, so it hasnt been formally released yet. But you can sign up for apples beta program for free. I updated to beta 12.1 last week, and the arlo playback works just fine.

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Fozzyp1978
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue, on the iPhone XS max the videos within the app do not play, but on the iPhone 8 running the same iOS (12) my partner is able to play back the videos.
There has to be a fix for this ASAP.
I have also noticed that when trying to play the videos in the app it sometimes crashes my phone and it restarts. I have reloaded my iPhone XS Max and this is still the same problem.

A fix for this is needed ASAP.