Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
david8704
Apprentice
Apprentice

From my chat with support:

"I talked to the technicians and the issue with Iphone XS and max regarding the recordings is an ongoing matter."

"I believe that it will take a bit more than weeks to have it solved. However, as it`s a common issue and somewhat new, the engineers are working hard on that, meanwhile Sir, we recommend you to use the app from another phone or the Web page from your computer."

ctrack
Luminary
Luminary

One of the replies states that the ARLO Pro videos will play on the iPhone Xs....is this correct???  Can anyone else confirm this?  

Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice
My Arlo 2 Pros play on my xs max. My gen 1 Arlo’s do not.

Z
Kcourt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the ARLO Pro H7 video works with Iphone X.

my orginal Arlo cameras do not play video on my Iphone X.  I have to download them to Google drive to view the video.

Alro needs to fix this soon!

Bloomer8523
Tutor
Tutor

Has there been any update from Arlo about when this will be fixed.  I have tried to contact them a few times but the chat doesn't work and no one is there to answer the calls

mbphx
Guide
Guide
Same here. Arlo Pro videos playing fine on XS Max. Basic Arlo videos are frozen. If I try to switch from frozen video and play a different video the phone completely crashes to Apple logo.

XS Max on 12.1 beta 3

Has been happening since day 1 of XS Max.

iPhone 6S running same beta 3 logged into same iCloud and Arlo account- all videos play fine with no crashing.
Coco83
Guide
Guide

I have an iPhone Xs not Max and am having problems too.  Not working with new Arlo Pro 2 and base station.  I have 5 cameras it works on all my other iPhone and iPad devices.

Westwood1652
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Arlo camera's, we access our library through IPhones. I had a Iphone 6 S that I just traded in for an IPhone X Max. All settings have been transfered from my old phone, but now when I get a notification, my new X phone shows the ie: person walking up to my door but there is No motion detected. All three camera's are set at 80% motion, but I see no motion, ( the person walking up to my door) just a snapshot of the person first coming into view. Has Arlo up dated their software for the IPhone X Max? My account on line and my son and wife's IPhones show motion, as my old phone did before.  Thanks for any feedback......

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Arlo is aware of issues with the App on the new Iphone X models. My understanding is that they are currently working on a fix. In the meantime you can use a browser to check your videos 

https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

Piko96795
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the new iPhone X S max, I only see a static picture when trying to play back a recorded video from my arlo or arlo pro cameras from the app. If I log on to a computer the video plays fine. Live feed from the app works fine as well. Just recordings don’t play back on the app.
Vernell
Tutor
Tutor

We know that they are aware of the problem, but having the problem for almost two weeks is unacceptable.! The system is pretty USELESS to me for almost two weeks that i am away from my house not able to see nor watch my recordings!. What kind of support is these!. My old IP foscam baby cam is working on my iphone Xs max but this expensive arlo system is not?. Thats all i can say.

Vernell
Tutor
Tutor
Recap on the issues:

New Iphone Xs and Xs max problems, recorded videos is not playing on new Iphone Xs and Xsmax, but older iphones below Iphone Xs it works fine. Firmware is not the issue, some people says its a Graphics or video format related, problem is unresolve for almost or more than two weeks already..
Flumpy999
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the XS and it doesn’t play the video from the library either.
So frustrating to try and play back when you need !
Arlo any updates yet ?
Tjh1023
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo app doesn’t play videos it is acting like it is but the picture is still. This all happened after upgrading to an iPhone Xs max. Very frustrating.
Roro0619
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not necessarily think that it is not compatible with ios12. I have the XS Max and an iPad Pro. The playback is not working on the Max but it ois on the iPad Pro. Both are running ios12.

dwang
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue after updating to iOS12.

The video is not playing if I am using the app.

The bar is running but the image stays the same.

However, it works with my browser.

Reinstalling the app does not work...

any suggestion?

proberts2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the XS and I have been having the same issues. I have contacted Alro twice and gotten zero help on the issue just that it has been advanced to an “expert”.
Hamiltoc
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently purchased the new iPhone X’s max and my video recordings will not play. I receive the message that motion was detected but when I open the recording it’s just a still picture.

When is your system going to be updated to the work with the new iPhone.
Tobiko
Aspirant
Aspirant
Seems to me the actual video files are corrupted some how. They are frozen for the first few seconds then play., the previews show up as completely white, and they will crash your phone and also your photos app on your computer if you try and play them there. Also, the videos will cause the computer to hang if you try and import or sync your iPhone to your photos app. You can airdrop them from your phone but they will crash the computer if you try to play or edit them.
Stubb0402
Aspirant
Aspirant

My videos won’t play back on my iPhone through the arlo app. I can live stream though. Lost confidence in this product.

arlousercali
Aspirant
Aspirant

This started happening recently where the camera goes into recording mode and the picture freezes. When I am trying to access the live video feed, the picture is often frozen too and ai can’t view what I should be seeing. It didn’t happen the first few months I had this camera. Does anyone know what the issue is? My ioS app is up to date.

Panthers52
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, did support ever find a fix.

Paulsubuk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having exactly same issue. I can acces my account online through web browser and videos are fine. iPhone app videos only show first frame despite timer moving. I have reinstalled app etc and still facing this issue.
rkaplan
Aspirant
Aspirant

ever since I got my new phone (iphone xs) there is no motion on the playback of the video? i have tried to chat with arlo but that enver works...anyone have a fix or know how to let arlo know that needs to be adressed?

NateU
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with iPhone XS.  Recorded videos look like they are playing in the app, but they are stuck on the first frame.  It doesn't appear to be an issue with IOS 12 as my iPad Air 2 running IOS 12 is working fine.