Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
Trcolema
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have iPhone XS Max. The Google Drive workaround works for me! Alleluia.... Dropbox did not work and I did not test one drive.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

See post 229 here https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/iPhone-XS-Max-On-IOS-12-Is-Not-Playing-Videos-In-Library/td-p/163...

They do know about it, hopefully a fix is no too far off.

Coco83
Guide
Guide

The problem is iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max not iOS 12.0. I have 2 iPads and a iPhone 7 and 6s with iOS 12.0 on them and Arlo works on all of them except iPhone Xs.

TinNguyen
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same issue. My library videos can’t play, even I downloaded to my phone.. I’m using Arlo app on my IPhone.
TinNguyen
Aspirant
Aspirant
My library videos can’t play my records, even I downloaded to the phone still same issue. I’m using IPhone IOS 12
TedG
Tutor
Tutor

I've been having the same problem.  The videos don't play on my iPhone or using the IE11 browser on my PC like they used to.  But I can see them using Chrome.

I have an iPhone Xs running iOS 12.0.1.

Debbiedis
Tutor
Tutor
Me too
ctrack
Luminary
Luminary

Are you saying your iPhone Xs Max can play the videos?  If so you are the only one...

Dcoram
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wonder if I can sell my cameras to an unsuspecting iPhone 8 user.... they won’t know what kind of a company Arlo is until the upgrade. Between all of the rechargeable batteries and the cameras I’m in for about $1k. Should have bought ring I guess. Oh well

Brettlyray
Tutor
Tutor

I was able to download my Arlo videos to my phone and then send them to my Google Drive and then was able to actually play the videos that way. It is not ok and we should not have to do this, but it is a way to get the videos to play.

smaurici
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem as everyone Have done everything to fix with no luck. Netgear customer service is the worst I have encountered and not just for this issue. I also have Ring and they are much more reliable and have no trouble playing videos with new iPhone XS Max. Ring customer service is THE BEST!!!
CVC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.

No video playback from the Library on Iphone XSMAX.

Only bought a 4th camera a few weeks ago. Let's hope that they fix this!

CVC
Aspirant
Aspirant

On a new iphone XS perhaps????!!!

david8704
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problem here, iPhone XS...

SylwiaP
Initiate
Initiate

Exactly, on a iphone XS! This is beyond frustrating. I have been waiting for almost a month and there's no change. I'm checking for arlo app updates almost each day and failed to get in touch with support - the chat is not working and when I call from Norway Im just listening to the menu that is put ot replay without being connected to anyone. 

cjohan
Guide
Guide

Apparently they are aware of the problem and working on it. We'll see. 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/iPhone-XS-Max-On-IOS-12-Is-Not-Playing-Videos-In-Library/td-p/163...

cjohan
Guide
Guide

They are aware of the problem and working on it...so they say. 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/iPhone-XS-Max-On-IOS-12-Is-Not-Playing-Videos-In-Library/td-p/163...

cjohan
Guide
Guide
SylwiaP
Initiate
Initiate

How long do we need to wait?! Seriously, all of the 4 cameras have been completely useless for me for the past month (since I bought the new iphone). If this won't be fixed within the next week I'll go back to the store were I bought it and ask for my money back as those cameras are simply NOT DOING THEIR JOB. The support-chat is not working and the phone calls are not being answered (I was delighted to hear the menu 7 times as it's not responding to *press 1*).Thank God that we are allowed in Norway to return such crappy products aaaall the way back to the manufacturer, especially when the customer service is so bad. 

sherronjohnson1
Initiate
Initiate
I do have somewhat of the same problem with my camera detecting motion but not playing back the video; it’s just showing the first frame nothing else, and I also have the iPhone XS Max. However, I have two different cameras on my system. My Arlo Pro plays the video back, but my basic Arlo camera doesn’t, so I’m thinking it can either be this particular model of camera that’s not working well with IOS 12, like this model of camera needs a software update or something., because I can’t imagine that it’s our phones. Nah!
Luki9990
Apprentice
Apprentice
😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
david8704
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 10 cameras.

The lack of "Arlo smart" in Europe and no HomeKit combines with this makes me looking for alternatives.

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

joshwg78
Tutor
Tutor

My suggestion to everyone here, keep emailing them, keep posting on the forums and blow up thier Twitter with this issue. Make as much noise as possible.

Dengar1
Guide
Guide

As somebody else mentioned, the issue seems to be the type of h.264 compression used by the classic Arlo cameras and the Arlo Pro cameras. There's a difference between the two. Apparently, for some insane reason, the new iPhones don't like the encoding profile used for the classic Arlo video. What's weird is that the video CAN play back from within Google Drive. Maybe Google is transcoding the video? If so, I wish Arlo could update their video compression to something compatible. Otherwise I fear the original Arlo camera will become a legacy product. I mean, this product CANNOT be sold anymore without a very clear warning that it's a legacy product that isn't compatible with modern, popular mobile devices. And if that's the way it's going to be, I will be FURIOUS. These cameras were expensive, especially when you factor in the batteries. They should still be usable by those of us with new iPhones.

CLWNANA
Initiate
Initiate
I have rebooted my phone. Don't know what OS means. Phone is same one I used last two years without a problem. Moto 2. I have changed internet and the speed is fluctuating between 7-30 on speed tests. Supposed to be 25. Could this be the problem?