Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
NiPaGe
Apprentice
Apprentice
191 posts .... 3 weeks later ... nothing happend!!! 😡 This is Support in 2018 🤬
ctrack
Luminary
Luminary
Same problem. iPhone Xs will not play videos. Hope they come up with a fix soon!
ctrack
Luminary
Luminary
Same here. Xs will not play videos. Videos work on iPhone 5s runnning iOS 12 as does iPad pro iOS 12. Downloading to Xs produces no video just a blank.
Coco83
Guide
Guide

I have 5 x Arlo Pro cameras.  I had a iPhone 6s but just upgraded to a XS today.  Am having problems with viewing in the library as the first few seconds picture is frozen but can hear sound.  Am running iOS 12.0 as was my iPhone 6s and my iPad.  Still working on my iPad as normal using iOS 12.0.  Download behaves the same way as in library picture freezing for the first 5 seconds but can hear sound.

Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m not sure if something has changed or not. I believe all my cameras weee having issues, but now I see that it’s only my original Arlo’s that are having the issue. My Arlo Q and Arlo Pro 2’s are working fine. I don’t own the Arlo 2 Pro.

I have some Arlo Pro 2’s hooked up to old base stations and some on a new style base station. So it doesn’t appear to be a base station issue. My Arlo Q is connected direct without a base station. So for me it is a first gen Arlo Problem.. Arlo Pro 2’s seem to be working fine.

Z
Coco83
Guide
Guide

Was working fine with iPhone 6s problem is only with iPhone XS.  We also have an iPhone 7, iPad 4, iPad Air and iPad Pro.  Working fine with all other devices only having a problem with new XS iPhone.  I have 2 new base stations with my 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras.  Definitely a problem working with iPhone XS.  

Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice
The Arlo Pro 2’s that are working hw version H3 running 1.125.11.1_25366 firmware.

The Arlo 1st gens they are not working are H7’s running 1.2.21616.

Z
Dcams
Tutor
Tutor
Ok are we working on the problem with the new iPhone X’s ?? Still can’t view the recorded video on the phone or the website from my phone ?? Got the arlo camera and the baby arlo which the baby is the most important issue
CaliGirl04
Guide
Guide
Wait... you found a solution???
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is aware and is currently investigating and working toward a resolution for this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, while we work toward a resolution, we recommend using a browser to view videos.

I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

hitman47
Tutor
Tutor
Using the browser does not work on phone by the way.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I think there are still some issues with the new phone and ios 12x...

But Arlo is aware of same

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Debbiedis,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Wfems05
Guide
Guide
I found the browser option doesn’t work on the XS. My work phone is a 5 and I can use the browser. Same with all my other apple devixes.
ozmale1
Star
Star

@CaliGirl04 wrote:
Wait... you found a solution???

I have a solution to the problem of cameras randomly disconnecting and you needing to remove the batteries all the time get them to reconnect.

But not the "not playing video on new iphone problem" currently under discussion.

Chris

NiPaGe
Apprentice
Apprentice

is that really serious? since 3 weeks we hear the same here! Your support is ridiculous and just bad! we finally want solutions and no excuses!

alexpapas
Initiate
Initiate

ARLO clearly has a problem with its app and the iPhone XS/XS Max

Why is there NOTHING on the customer support page to indicate that ARLO is aware of the problem and working on it?

This is how companies fail, by disregarding their customers. 

c0nb0y702
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo support has clearly addressed the fact that there is a known issue with iPhone XS/XS MAX/ios12 as far as playing videos in the app and are working towards a resolution.
hitman47
Tutor
Tutor
My Nest camera is working just fine.
Fmello
Star
Star
My Arlo app on my iPhone XS Max has the message, "Getting status..." on all the camera views. I have not been able to see live feeds in over a week. My brother and sister are not having the same problems with the Arlo app on their phones. My brother is using an Android phone & my sister is using an iPhone. The cameras are set up at my mom's house. When I was there last week, I unplugged the internet router and the Arlo Base Station. I gave it around 20 seconds before plugging them both back in to reset. That did not fix the problem. I also removed the app from my iPhone and reinstalled it. Then I shut down my iPhone and turned it back on. That did not fix the problem either. Another strange thing is that I used to unlock the app with Face ID. The app no longer unlocks with the Face ID. I went into the app settings and then to "profile". There used to be an option to "Log in with Face ID". That option has changed to, "Log in with Touch ID". My iPhone XS Max does not have a fingerprint scanner. And finally, I went to the Arlo website to try to Live Chat with tech support. The "Continue" button for live chat does nothing when I press it. I'm literally on the verge of telling my brother to return the system to Best Buy and buy a different camera setup because this is getting ridiculous..
eliii
Initiate
Initiate

I made an account just to say that the issue of not being able to play videos is bad, and Netgear should feel bad about it. Not being able to see the videos defeates the whole idea of having the cameras. I bought them from Costco over a year ago and am seriuosly thinking about returning them.

Just now the app completely crashed and caused a full reboot on my iPhone XS Max when trying to play a video.

Even when the video playback did work, ever since the app updated its interface, scrubbing within the video has become almost impossible.

Tarrtootie
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same issues as everyone else described. Still pictures no videos. I asked my son to play the video on his phone and it works just fine. He has iPhone 7 Plus and I have iPhone XS.
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have had a 10 camera system from back in the preorder days. Nothing but issues, firmware updates bricking cameras and the list goes on. What always amazes me is that despite all the troubles and loss of service Netgear hits my credit card every month in full for their BS subscription service. Not right.
Fmello
Star
Star

I can view the recorded clips that are in the library. I just can't get live feeds to play. Also, my brother replaced one of the cameras that went bad and I can't see it in the app. The old camera was there so I removed it. Have no idea how to add that replacement camera.

Gizzygone
Star
Star
Interesting to hear the other complaints now. I’ve been recommending Arlo for a while, mainly because I liked the free service option, and the dedicated base station (freeing up bandwidth).

Now I’m thinking I’ll give Nest or Ring a look to see what they have. I figured the Arlo was a good choice for home security, but learning that others are having issues as well (including the disconnected camera issue), it may be time to sell the Arlo and try the competition.