Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
k_g94
Initiate
Initiate

Not to be celebratory of "misfortune," but I'm glad that it's not just me! Upgraded to an iPhone XS Max running iOS 12 on 9/21 and haven't been able to watch videos in my Arlo library since. I'll get the notification that motion was detected but it's just a still image. But the tracker at the bottom moves as if there's a video playing. It was only once I logged in to Arlo via a browser on a computer that I was able to view videos.

Luki9990
Apprentice
Apprentice
Share the recording at DropBox and you can watch the video.
Cjackgo
Initiate
Initiate

I just finished a troubleshooting session with Apple. Since the issue is only on the new XS or XS max phones. That’s obviously not iOS $.12 the videos play on my iPad. Anyway, bottom line, per Apple…

Okay so while you were doing the force restart I did some research and I found that the Arlo cameras need to have a firmware update to match the iPhone XS software, to get this done I recommend getting in contact with Arlo. Does this sound good?”

I hope this helps, I’m sure not care is working on it. Hopefully they’ll have a resolution soon

Gordyola
Tutor
Tutor
Worked on iPhone X the Xs is just an upgrade it works on other iOS devices so hardly the bleeding edge
Gordyola
Tutor
Tutor
I contacted Arlo and they say their engineering team are aware of the problem this was over a week ago I asked that they treated it with priority if this is the service one gets from Netgear then maybe I will consider very carefully another purchase of Netgear products
Fzabala
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same issue that everyone is having with their new iPhone xs or xs max and bugs on the arlo app. Video stays on still mode and phone reboots. Please help and keep me updated. On the fix. I hope immediately
pbirrell
Guide
Guide
Arlo pro records and shows playback. Arlo doesn’t. Apparently Arlo working on an update
Wfems05
Guide
Guide
I tried it on an iPad that isn’t running 12 yet and it works fine. So it is the app with iOS 12. But there hasn’t been an update for awhile, maybe they (Arlo) will fix the bug.
wildfir67
Initiate
Initiate
I seen a lot of posts here that blame ios 12 for the problem...it is not! It works fine on iPhone x with ios 12 just not on the xs...neither do other security cameras,different brand, in my house...
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Had enough, taken the kit back to the shop and got a refund. In its current state with zero commitment to fix from either Arlo or Apple the equipment is not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act. The shop was unable to argue even though 28 days have passed. Happy man and signing off. To the rest of you don’t stand for any BS, take it back get your refunds. Be nice always..... Quin-man
hitman47
Tutor
Tutor

Im am having same problem.  No video playing after I get alert.  what is the deal I hope it gets fixed soon. 

Etfingers
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here. While viewing in the app the video appears to be moving forward through the recorded time, but the image is frozen.
iPhone XS Max IOS 12.1
Gizzygone
Star
Star
Strangely: older videos that I had downloaded on my iPhone X won’t even play on my iPhone XS. I’m thinking this is an IOS issue.

Can Arlo contact Apple for help?
A-Rob
Initiate
Initiate
Well a quick update. Just got off the phone with Arlo. They stated the engineering department is still looking at the issue. So that means they are no where near on fixing the situation. I explained to them, under the consumer rights , if they not provide services with reasonable care and skill then the consumer can require the trader to re-perform some or all of the services (whatever is necessary to bring the services up to standard). Re-performance must take place within a reasonable time and without causing the consumer significant inconvenience. I explained to them if in two weeks the issue is not fix. Either send me a replacement camera that works with the IPhone XS max., or send me a refund for the system. I hope this help you guys. Keep calling and putting pressure on them. I expect quality service for the system.
ozmale1
Star
Star

Good on you for taking it back, and expressing its not at advertised and not fit for purpose.

Sadly most of us cant do that now as our units are out of warrenty.

The most anoying thing is Netgears deliberate and complete ignorance of its customers. Except for just one entry in this blog they are really treating us with contemp. At the very least there should be daily updates as to the progress of a solution.

ozmale1
Star
Star

Their attitude is the same with the "camera dropping out and not reconnecting problem". Which they never fixed. I found the solution but every time I tried to post it on this blog it was removed withing 15 minutes.

veronicabuezo
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue with the iphone XS - IOS 12.0. I am receiving notifications about motion and the 10 sec video clip but when I log in on the app, the video is not working - all I see is a still image. Very frustrating. Any updates????

bmwmkc323i
Initiate
Initiate

I just upgraded to the iPhone XS yesterday and noticed my videos were also not playing back on the iphone app. Luckily I can view the videos on the computer.  I have already restarted the base station, removed device and re-synched and still having the same issue.  Hopefully the Arlo team can get this fixed ASAP!

Bill4hand
Initiate
Initiate
Lots of back and forth with wrong answers before letting us know about a know problem.
Dgthow
Initiate
Initiate
I have exactly the same issue with the iPhone XS Max
Kaij
Star
Star
I was told their app & website isn’t compatible with our phones yet. So until there is an app update the problem will continue unfortunately.
Dgthow
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks for the info/update. I’ve tried everything you’ve tried before I saw the response from Arlo. Shame they weren’t up front about the issue, could have saved me lots of wasted time
Kaij
Star
Star
Same here! I even went as far as replacing the cameras and troubleshooting all over again. What a waste..
Debbiedis
Tutor
Tutor
Same is happening to me since I got the new iPhone xs max. Still videos. I’ve been contacting netgear and no response
c0nb0y702
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here guys iPhone XS iOS 12 latest Arlo app doesn’t show any motion when you hit play on the recorded videos only works with the 1 pro I have. App will also crash and reboot my phone when trying to play videos.