Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Assassinrow,

Are you experiencing this on all your devices? Did you reboot the base station or did you reset it with a pin?

Assassinrow
Guide
Guide
It’s the only camera that I have. I have done both as well as unplug let sit for a few hours a plug back in. This issue started immediately after the batteries dying, never worked correctly after replacing them.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Assassinrow,

Is the video appearing frozen on your computer/tablet & phone? What phone do you have?

Assassinrow
Guide
Guide
Yes the video “plays” as in the timer counts down but there is no movement. I have tried on my iPhone, my pc and my laptop all with the same results
Gizzygone
Star
Star
I’m also having this issue, since I upgraded to an iPhone XS.

Videos will “play back” (as the slider moves), but the image it shows is static (as in, it doesn’t move, its a still image). If I try to download them to my device, all I get is a video that’s all white.
Assassinrow
Guide
Guide
That’s interesting, I also just got the iPhone XS, I attempted to access my videos from a different laptop and they are all there and actually play. Obviosly the new iPhone or iOS is not agreeing the Arlo
jflenner
Initiate
Initiate
We’re also having a similar issue; just upgraded to iPhone Xs as well. It plays fine on our iMac but we have the same frozen replay described above on the iPhones.
Fiffo
Guide
Guide
Looks like it’ll require a software fix from Apple. Netgear encodes the video to make it smaller, but Apple XS/XS Max is failing to play any H.264 encoded video compression I try; not just Arlo videos.
Joerchner
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here. Please update Arlo App!
Jolyatuu
Initiate
Initiate
I have Arlo xamera for security reason. Yesterday someone came to the porch of my house and stole a package from Amazon. I cant play the video and so difficult to identify the thug. I have no computer to look up on my email. Can Netgear be loyal to customers and fix this issue as soon! What a company take 14 days to resolve a simple problem? Enh? Joke
Luki9990
Apprentice
Apprentice
😡😡🙈🙈😡😡
Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here.  Have Arlos, ArloPro2's.  Only see a screenshot.  Can't play recorded video.  Can play live.  Can play through pc browser.  Had an Iphone X, upgraded to the XS Max, restored from the X image.  

Please fix.

Zandian

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

jflenner, Assassinrow, Gizzygone,

The engineering team is aware and is currently investigating and working toward a resolution for this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, while we work toward a resolution, we recommend using a browser to view videos. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

ozmale1
Star
Star

Sadly Arlo is all about money,

I have seen this before. They probably dont actually have any inhouse developers/ coders. All the coding work is out sourced. The idea is you pretty much save up all your issues and then organise some funding and then get an external company to fix it for the lowest price. Certainly this is the way the app would be supported. 

Companies who have inhouse app development would fix this over night. They would be telling us about the problem not the other way round.

I think this is going to be a long wait. probably untill arlo brings out a new hardware product that needs to be supported. The video fix will be incorporated into that app update.

ChrisMB
Initiate
Initiate

I too am experiencing this issue. Original base station, 3x original wireless, and 2x pro. 

Bandjoe79
Initiate
Initiate
I am also having this same problem. iPhone XS max
gateway785
Tutor
Tutor
I have the Xs Max and have the same issue. Four cameras and can’t watch any recordings! When I download the file and go to my camera roll it is just an all white video.
AmericanZulu
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here. iPhone XS, iOS 12. Frozen videos in the app. Downloaded videos are junk. Same videos do play when watched on Apple TV Arlo app.
Luki9990
Apprentice
Apprentice
Share that with the sale of Arlo Kameras also with the Arlo app not running on iPhone XS and XS Max ????????????????
JPSCH
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same phone and am having the same problem.  It has something to do with the phone because I have an ipad pro with ios 12 and I can view saved videos in the library on it.  Have you gotten a resolution to this problem yet?

Luki9990
Apprentice
Apprentice
😡👎
CLWNANA
Initiate
Initiate
My videos won't playback. Buffers then nothing. So I'm just getting a picture. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and and it fixed it for a while, but I can't keep uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. I want it fixed.
Bandjoe79
Initiate
Initiate
Yep same issue. I can watch the video it’s just a still image. iPhone XS max. And it’s caused my phone to reboot a couple times as well when attempting to watch the videos.
Kaij
Star
Star

So I just bought this camera system and it works great. Only question I have is why when it picks up detection it records a picture of the motion? Not an actual video of what is happening? Basically it just snap shots a picture of the motion that’s it?

Cjackgo
Initiate
Initiate

I’m having the same problem. It just started a couple days ago even though I change to the iPhone XS on 22 September. I have two regular Arlo‘s and one Arlo pro with sound. The only one that plays on my iPhone is the Arlo pro with sound. The other two just have a stagnant picture, the video meter at the bottom acts like it’s playing but the video itself does not change.  I am running iOS 12.0. My phone says the software is up-to-date. All of the videos and cameras play on my iPad Pro, it is running the same iOS 12. Even videos that are tagged as favorites, downloaded or anything so won’t play on my iPhone XS (except the Arlo pro camera.)