Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank the community so far for the detailed feedback. The engineering team is currently investigating this issue. Some of you have already included some this information in your posts but for those experiencing this issue we would like to collect a few more pieces of information:

-What iOS version are you running on your device (iOS 12 or 12.1 BETA)

-What cameras are experiencing the issue (do you own a mix of pro and pro 2 cameras, original wire free, Arlo Q, etc.) Do they all behave the same or is it specific cameras that have the issue?

-If you download the recording, does it behave the same way or does the issue only occur in the library? Does the recording playback successfully on a different device or client?

Thanks,

JamesC

sjh772
Initiate
Initiate

Using iOS 12 - iPhone XS Max 512GB

Original Wire Free only - Boss has no issues with Arlo Pro 2 cameras

All behave the same, videos in library play but shows a static image

Havent yet tried downloading any videos, will update post later.

Hope this helps! Thank you Arlo team for all your hard work!

eward818
Initiate
Initiate

I have iOS 12.0 and have this issue with my 3 Arlo Original Wire Free Cameras. The problem is in the Library and when I download from the library as well as trying to view the video from an email on my phone. The video works when it is sent in an email to my laptop. 

Sethw68
Initiate
Initiate
I have an arlo pro system. iPhone X’s max 256 GB, running iOS 12. When I tried to download a video all the was downloaded was a blank white image that lasted as long as the recording.
NiPaGe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sorry for german language my english is not perfect! So I write you in german language can anyone translate?

Ich habe folgendes Setup: VMB4000 als Basisstation, 3*3030 Arlo Kameras, 1* ArloPro2 Kamera!

Getestet habe ich auf einem iPhone 7, 256 GB, einem iPhone 8 64 GB, einem iPhone X 256 GB und einem iPhone XS 64 GB, und zusältlich auf einem iPad Mini Gen. 4 und einem iPad Air 2.

Ich habe auf allen Geräten iOS 12 jeweils die Open Betas (außer iPhone XS) gehabt, auf allen iPhones und den iPads gab es keinerlei Probleme! Nun habe ich die IOS12 GM/Final auf allen Geräten und keine Probleme in allen Funktionen!

Nun aber zum iPhone XS 64GB! iOS 12 im Auslieferungszustand ist jetzt wieder drauf, zwischendurch hatte ich sogar die erste Open Beta 12.1 getestet aber immer mit gleichem Ergebnis:

Verhalten der VMC3030:

1. In der Bibliothek wird das neueste Video jeweils angezeigt. Drücke ich auf Play, kommt ein Standbild und es passiert nichts!

2. Download der Videos geht zwar, aber in Fotos wird ein weißes Video angezeigt was ich nicht abspielen kann!

3. leite ich dieses Video was ich auf einem iPhone XS nicht abspielen kann z.B. via WhatsApp an meine Frau (iPhone 😎 weiter, kann sie es ohne Probleme abspielen. Schaue ich in meinen WhatsApp Verlauf kann ich es aber immer noch nicht abspielen!

4. Push / Live-View geht ohne Probleme:

Verhalten mit Arlo Pro 2:

1. Videos in der Bibliothek lassen sich zwar abspielen, jedoch kommt es zu einer Verzögerung! Erst beginnt nur der Ton, und 2-3 Sekunden später erst das Bild!

2. Download lassen sich aus Fotos zwar abspielen, aber auch dieses Video wird als weißes Video dargestellt!
timmytalltree
Tutor
Tutor
I have issue with iPhone XS with ios12, but other older iphones and ipads are fine with ios12.
Arlo original with all 4 cameras: I’m alerted of video but can’t see it when played.
If I download the video to iPhone XS, it will not play. If I send a downloaded video from iPhone XS to another older iPhone, it plays fine.
So I think Arlo is working properly, but new iPhones can’t read the video format.
MJLR
Guide
Guide

JamesC, thank you for the update! My original wirefree cameras are recording fine. The issue is accessing the videos from my new iPhone Xs Max with iOS 12.0. When trying to play the video from the Arlo app, all I see is a still image. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still encountering the same issue. Sometimes when i try to play the video, it will crash my phone and cause it to reboot. I tried to download the video on my phone and the video file saved to my phone is a blank white video. I also tried to play the video from the email notifications I receive and still no success. I don't have any issues viewing videos from other apps such as my Ring Doorbell, YouTube, Facebook, etc. It is only the Arlo videos that are having issues. The Arlo videos are playing fine on my iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone X both on iOS 12.0. I am also able to view the videos fine from my PC. Based on the issue i'm experiencing and others on this thread, the issue seems to be specific to the new iPhone Xs and Xs Max. Thanks!

Mclite29
Initiate
Initiate
Xs IOS 12, original arlo wire free, no playback, no download playback via app download to phone. Still records.
keeso1
Tutor
Tutor

Im having the same problem with videos not playing on my iphone xs max app

keeso1
Tutor
Tutor

It's definitely in the software/firmware somewhere, because I downloaded everything to my old Iphone 4s and everything worked fine.

Longfxie
Initiate
Initiate

I am not able to view the playback either on my iphone xs ios 12.  and it also crashes and forces the iphone xs restart.  I have tried many times, same issue remains. 

MBalla
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the exact same issue on the iPhone XS Max, when is the fix coming?
Daskarzine
Guide
Guide
Same for XS Max. Arlo tell me they know of the problem and are working on fixing it
makeupcat
Guide
Guide
I’m having same problem. Video won’t play in library and it crashes my phone. I’m having to carry my old phone around also just so I can see the video if needed. iPhone XS Max, IOS 12, I guess original Wire free. Bought on today’s special on HSN. Thinking about returning if the issue is not fixed quickly. I don’t know if it will play if I download because it crashes my phone and I get a blank screen then the apple logo
NiPaGe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Day 6 after the release, what about an update?
kwilloug
Initiate
Initiate

I have the original Arlo wire-free camera and an Arlo Pro (first version) connected to my original base station (VMB3010r3 according to Arlo app). I also have an Arlo Q.

Library videos recorded by the original Arlo wire-free camera will not play on my iPhone XS running iOS12 and the latest Arlo app. All I see is a still image.

Both the Arlo Pro and Arlo Q play fine on my iPhone XS. All cameras play fine on my iPhone 6 running iOS12 and the latest version of the Arlo app. 

urzaseye
Guide
Guide

I have some additional details about this issue.

1. I ran the public beta version of iOS 12 on an iPhone X for several weeks and never had a playback problem with videos in the Arlo app.

2. When I got my iPhone Xs Max, I set it up as a new iPhone using the final version of iOS 12 (so the beta never "touched" it).

3. My camera system consists of original Arlo cameras, two Arlo Pros, one Arlo Pro 2 and an Arlo Q. The only movies in my library that do NOT play are the ones from the original Arlo cameras (VMC3030). Movies created by both Arlo Pro models and my Arlo Q play just fine.

4. Firmware version on my VMC3030 units is 1.2.21616. This appears to be the latest.

5. Since I first encountered this problem, I have enrolled my iPhone Xs Max in the 12.1 beta. As of this writing, the current release is 12.1 (16B5059d). The problem is not resolved by this release.

6. My iPhone is using Arlo app version 2.5.5, which appears to be the latest release.

NiPaGe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Additional:

Arlo Pro2 library play the video but there is for the first 2 seconds only Sound and then the video starts!!!
ninkey
Initiate
Initiate

I am also having the same issue with the iPhone XS. I get notifications but can not play the videos. I hope they figure out something soon. 

Wolfpack13
Initiate
Initiate
I’m also experiencing issues with my Arlo recordings on my iPhone XS Max. I had no issues with my 8 plus on iOS 12, but immediately after switching to the XS, the Arlo recordings are only a picture. No video. I still have my 8 plus and the recordings play just fine. Please fix this soon Arlo!
Lazyfung
Initiate
Initiate
Will there be an updated app to fix the iPhone os12 problem ? The video won’t play and I read all the thread now we need an app update , will the admin do something ???
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

App updates happen all the time, so I'm sure they'll update the iOS app eventually. 

bbh
Initiate
Initiate

I just purchased the iPhone XS and I too am experiencing the same issue.  I have tried Arlo's suggestion of uninstalling the app and readding which did not fix the issue.  Any updates?

MoarSilence
Initiate
Initiate
Downloaded videos (to device’s photos app) are also busted. You get 10 seconds of white
NiPaGe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Day 7 and no Update available for XS/XS Max!!!

How is the status quo??!