Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo won't connect to internet

peneinna
Follower
Follower

I just changed my modem and now my base won't connect via ethernet cable.  My power light is green, but my internet light is amber. I'm not sure what to do at this  point.  I did a factory reset and light is still amber.  What can I try now?

203 REPLIES 203
Klcm
Guide
Guide
Yes I am still having issues. I am in Tennessee. Customer Service hung up after 18 min. of my holding on and of course they will not pick up again.
Brybry
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any way to call them? Found 1 number and it doesn't even ring. How do we find out if it's a netgear system or are system? I have tryed resetting everything and nothing is changing the yellow lights. Thanks!
Rosey626973
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here in new jersey no light at all on the arlo router for the internet
mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's a system wide outage of some sort, but the number for Support listed on the website is (408)-638-3750. I don't know if it's accessible right now or not.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

mep123 wrote:

There seems to be a system wide outage. See numerous other threads and posts. So far, to the best of my knowledge, there's been no official information or updates coming from Netgear. I find that more disappointing than the outage itself.

Netgear has been posting on their Facebook page, but it appears to be rather ad-hoc. https://www.facebook.com/arlosmarthome/photos/a.1559240674288047.1073741828.1540756022803179/1976852... 

Klcm
Guide
Guide
I know...😯😕
Padestic
Aspirant
Aspirant
dl2_general
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue.  Have had the system up and running for just under a week now.  Had an Authenticaton Services error this morning which has since resolved.  Tried calling the support number and it was busy for multiple hours.  Busy.  Really?!

Brybry
Aspirant
Aspirant
Finally got thro the number now on hold lol. Guess I'll just wait and see if they fix it. Does this happen alot?
Brybry
Aspirant
Aspirant
I feel the same way! Does anyone know if this happens alot?
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Netgear was having server issues but all should be back to normal now

Rosey626973
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not working here 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

All should be back to normal now

MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm having the same offline issue today...it started around 3:30p today Central standard time..thats terrible they haven't let users know about issue..
manfredz
Hero
Hero

All should be back to normal now

hellobethie
Guide
Guide

No, it's not back to normal.

Jenkinstod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks to everyone for the responses.  Mine still show as offline.  

MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
So there back online now?
manfredz
Hero
Hero

on computer, when you tried to log into your account, you got a message explaining server issues and estimated fix time.   All back up about 20 min past this fix time estimate

MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine still showing offline with amber light..i'm powering cycling now..
mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've had the Arlo system now for about 3 years. My experience has been that the system is quite stable for the most part, with only an occasional hiccup usually associated with a firmware or app update. I've never experienced an outage like this one.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

server issue was fixed a few hours ago and mine is working ok

Swells1575
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree....still not linking up.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

just rechecked mine and all is ok.  Maybe still not ok for some countries/servers

hellobethie
Guide
Guide

Nope. still not fixed for a lot of people