Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Swolff
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an updated my Iphone to IOS 15 and I cannot talk through my doorbell when someone rings the doorbell but if I go to watch live feed I can talk. Did I miss something when setting it up?

72 REPLIES 72
WS_AZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having this exact issue. Android phones, app and phone are up to date. Very frustrating.
sclofonio
Aspirant
Aspirant

@WS_AZ It's a real pain! today I missed a delivery.... no words....

WS_AZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to report I noticed a firmware update on my base station this morning and can confirm that my doorbell audio is now functioning properly!
sclofonio
Aspirant
Aspirant
My vmb4000 is still on 1.17.0.0 3953 6ba79e5

And still broken. Which is your firmware?
WS_AZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

I have a few questions from the development team while this issue is being investigated.

• Do you have outgoing audio from your your phone to doorbell & Doorbell to phone?
  • What happens if yours the Quick response message during a call? Does the audio play? (check sound from doorbell)
  • Do you have DB/Phone speaker audio during Push To Talk?
  • Does this issue occur only with iOS (Other iOS devices as well?) If possible have you tried with an android device?

Thank you!

sclofonio
Aspirant
Aspirant

• Do you have outgoing audio from your your phone to doorbell & Doorbell to phone? --> yes
  • What happens if yours the Quick response message during a call? Does the audio play? (check sound from doorbell)  --> yes
  • Do you have DB/Phone speaker audio during Push To Talk?  --> yes
  • Does this issue occur only with iOS (Other iOS devices as well?) If possible have you tried with an android device? --> occurs with android too
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If possible can you try the following from this article: 

https://www.iphonetricks.org/iphone-microphone-not-working-during-calls/.
Restart phone, Switch off Bluetooth, AirDrop

sclofonio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello ShayneS, tried your solution, still not working!

Ournewhome527
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dlearious
Guide
Guide
Hi All, I'm having this issue too now. Both on press of doorbell or activating the microphone when streaming from the App. I can hear the audio on my phone but microphone activation doesn't work so the doorbell user can't hear anything. Is this a widespread issue?
JSKY
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same audio issues when answering the doorbell and nothing fixes it.  Uninstall/Reinstall the app, same issue.  Live Audio works.  Disabling the mic does nothing. 

VMB5000r4 - version 1.17.1.2_1157_oe6c162

Doorbell - version 1.14.0.0_1117

iPhone 12Pro, iOS 15.3.1

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

May I ask if anyone is still experiencing this issue?

JSKY
Aspirant
Aspirant
My issue was resolved with new field trial version for the doorbell. 114_1189
James6
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve stopped trying, just easier to go answer the door or ignore it if I’m out
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved with a recent update for the Arlo Video Doorbell AVD1001. Please make sure you have the latest firmware on your video doorbell: Arlo Video Doorbell - AVD1001 - 1.14.0.0_1189_4e1d685_817336  as well as the latest verision of the Arlo mobile app v3.6. If you do not see the update in your play/App Store, please remove and reinstall the Arlo mobile app and test again. 

Thank you

James6
Tutor
Tutor
Is there a way to get the firmware to update? Mine is currently showing as 1.2.0.0_624_718aea3_c998ba4
WGT
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am experiencing this same issue. The party at the door can hear me loud and clear but I can't hear them. I have reset the doorbell 6 times, deleted the app and reinstalled it. I've looked at the bottom of the doorbell where the speaker/ microphone units are for ubstructions. But nothing has made any difference.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WGT wrote:
I am experiencing this same issue. The party at the door can hear me loud and clear but I can't hear them.

This appears to be the opposite problem - at least the initial post says that the issue is the party at the door can't hear them.

What device are you using?  

Likely you've tried this, but just in case - have you tried increasing the volume on the phone?  Maybe also try holding it to your ear.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@WGT

Do you have the latest version of iOS installed as well as Arlo app v 3.6?

Also make sure you have the latest firmware version for the video doorbell: Arlo Video Doorbell - AVD1001 - 1.14.0.0_1189_4e1d685_8173366

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@WGT

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Thanks 

Aele
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the exact same issue, just bought - all app, OS (android), firmware are up to date but visitors cannot hear anything when I answer the doorbell. For an issue that seems to have been affecting users for several months now it seems very concerning that there is yet no solution in sight.

If I can't get it fixed, it's going back for a full refund unfortunately. Seems like support is inexistent.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Aele

Did you happen to receive my PM? 

Discussion stats