Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired video doorbell no speaker audio when doorbell is pressed

Discussion stats
Swolff
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an updated my Iphone to IOS 15 and I cannot talk through my doorbell when someone rings the doorbell but if I go to watch live feed I can talk. Did I miss something when setting it up?

72 REPLIES 72
Heathab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any time someone rings the doorbell, I answer the call on my phone but the person there cannot hear me when I press the button. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried raising the speaker volume within your doorbell device settings?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you on the latest version of the Arlo app 3.5.6? Also, does adjusting the volume for the speaker in the doorbell device settings make a difference?

Does this occur on WIFI and mobile data? 

Swolff
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have the most up to date version of the arlo app. No difference when adjusting volume. Issues happens on data and WiFi. I have an IPhone running iOS 15 and no issues with my wife’s iphone that is running iOS 14. All setting are the same between both phones. I am the main account holder and I have granted access to her phone. I have restarted door bell and delete app and reinstalled and removed/re set up door bell. I believe this is an Arlo issue with apple iOS 15 like they had in the past with iOS 13.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you update to iOS 15.0.1 and test again, I am not experiencing this issue as described with a 13 Pro Max with iOS 15. Do you happen to have a 12 Pro max?

Swolff
Aspirant
Aspirant
iOS 15.0.1 is the most up to date my iPhone 11 Pro Max can be.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the Auto mute enabled when you answer your call?

Swolff
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried with it enabled and not enabled nothing changes. But if I do the live feed I can talk no problem.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you connected directly to your router or base station/Smart Hub? are you able to test both options?

Swolff
Aspirant
Aspirant
Connected to router. I do not have a base station. But regardless of that my wife’s iPhone can talk when it calls. The only difference in our phones are that she has not updated to iOS 15 yet.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you both running the latest Arlo app v3.5.6? it was on a planned slow roll out release, so you would need to remove & reinstall the app to receive the update. 

Swolff
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes we are both are using arlo app v3.5.6
James6
Tutor
Tutor
I too am having this issue and have reported it as a fault.
I have the latest iOS and app version but on iPhone X.
By chance if you hang up the call and press the doorbell again straight away does the audio then work as that’s what’s happening for me.
I have said to the support team though that doesn’t really help much as a person coming to the door wouldn’t know (or should have to) press the bell a second time after the call has been hung up.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Swolff
Aspirant
Aspirant
James6
Your right that does work but how is anyone suppose to know that and I’m not going to hang a sign on my front door to say that. Work fine with my wife’s phone but not mine. The support team has been iffy at best just keep getting emails that says try again or what iOS are you using or what version of our app are you using. It’s like no one is taking notes or reading past responses. Might have to switch to Ring or Nest.
mcfarlane2000
Initiate
Initiate

i have the same problem.  just set up the doorbell.  the person at the door can hear me but i can't hear them.  the recording records both.  i am also not getting live video during the call.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mcfarlane2000

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

mcfarlane2000
Initiate
Initiate

all the chat recommendations.  talked to someone on phone as well.  being elevated to level 2 support.

Heathab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried everything recommended. Rang it myself and tried to adjust volume. No sound comes out of the doorbell to whoever rings it. It does reply with the voice if you choose an automated message.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Heathab

Which platform is this occurring on Android/iOS?

Heathab
Aspirant
Aspirant

ios latest version, 15.0.2

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Yes,
I also can't make a voice from the doorbell.

iOS15.0.2
Arlo 3.5.8(2878)
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Discussion stats