Wired Video Doorbell and Light Bridge won't reconnect after power outage

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SomeYahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

While I was out of town, we had a power outage. Not sure if it was long enough to drain the UPS or not. My two Pro 2 cameras reconnected without any action by me. My wired doorbell camera and my light bridge refuse to reconnect. So far I have tried:

- Rebooting the base station

- Using the "Change Network" feature for the bridge. Made it through all the steps, but still no connection. There is currently no light on the hub

- Using the "Change Network" feature on the door bell. When I press the reset button, the white lights flash for a bit, but not very long (maybe 15 sec). It does not read the QR code or make a chime

- Verified 20VAC at the doorbell

- Disconnecting a wire from the doorbell, waiting 5 minutes and trying again. Same result

Can't think of anything else to try. I figure it isn't the base station's fault as the cameras are still working. I would try removing the devices from the app and trying again, but if the doorbell won't even go into setup mode properly, not sure how that would help.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the bridge (not hub) LED is off, that generally means it's connected. Have you verified it has an IP address in the router settings and that it responds to a ping? Unplug it and plug it back in to see what happens.

For the doorbell the reset button has to be held for >15 seconds until the ring starts blinking. If you do that you also need to remove the doorbell from Settings, My Devices.

SomeYahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where do I look for the IP address? In my WiFi router settings or the Arlo hub settings? If the latter, how do I access them?

For the doorbell, I assume you mean I need to remove it from the app?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you'd need to check the router's attached devices list to see if the device has an address and what it is.

For the doorbell, yes, remove from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.

SomeYahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the help. I removed and was able to reconnect the doorbell. The light hub continues to be an issue though. I do see "ABB1000" in my router device list and it does reply to a ping, but still not showing in the app. What do I try next?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the light(s) and bridge from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.

SomeYahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Deleting and re-adding all my lights worked, but was a pain. Any clue what would have caused this and how I may be able to avoid it in the future???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes it's dumb luck. I haven't needed to do anything with the bridge other than unplug it and plug it back in to get things back in order. Maybe a larger UPS but I'd check to see how long the outage was in the first place and then test the UPS. BTW, what was plugged into the UPS? I have my modem, router and hub all plugged in there. That won't help with the bridge going out unless you plug it into the UPS, too.

Hope it was a one-time thing...

SomeYahoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would hope that a power interruption (UPS or not) wouldn't cause the whole system to freak out like this. The bridge isn't connected to the UPS - it's on a higher floor to help with coverage on my 1/2 acre lot (need lights on the shed in back). Don't think there is any reasonable way to get the wired doorbell on a UPS anyway.

Still strange to me that the cameras reconnected but not the rest of the devices. Hopefully this was a one time thing...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SomeYahoo wrote:

Don't think there is any reasonable way to get the wired doorbell on a UPS anyway.

You'd connect the UPS to high-voltage input of the transformer.  It would require a bit of wiring, but it definitely can be done.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation